Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

1. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Three lives were lost when the May 3rd, 1999 tornado crossed over 15th street just east of S. Sooner Road. Two of those lives, family members.

The man we considered our great-grandfather, just turning 80 and weighing less than a buck ten, got his wife, half his age, and got into their car to try and out run the oncoming tornado. The tornado pushed our great-grandfathers car into a tree in the field just north of their house. His chest hit the steering wheel stopping his heart and passing away as the air was sucked from inside the car. His wife, Patsy, was pulled half way out of the car before her upper half left her bottom half in the car. This is how the first responders found them.

Their car, the last place they were alive, sat in the back lot of another family members house for many years. Still showing the scars and bent metal, now rusty with age.

We knew it was an impossibility for them with such a wide age range to go at the same time as they always wished they would, and this was their chance. This May will be 18 years.

Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Welcome to Warren Theaters !!!! Finally!!!! I am very happy now. we can't wait to see there soon. God Bless Welcome!!!! YAYAYAYA..... Thank you for chooses this votes..... AWESOME!!!!!

William Crum said on Twitter earlier about Warren Theatres plans for the northeast location off the Kilpatrick. Pete do you have any more info on where exactly? I know you have mentioned a few different spots before.

They should start construction on begin with Lot #3 and Lot #4 a few day ago. Do you have any idea what have a planning to set up new restaurants or retails?

Don't know if this is the best thread for this, but apparently all of the Warrens have been sold to Regal? If so, ugh.

http://www.kake.com/story/35470642/b...cebook_KAKE-TV

7. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Don't know if this is the best thread for this, but apparently all of the Warrens have been sold to Regal? If so, ugh.
    Ugh indeed.... Hope they don't change them much... if at all.

Regal is owned by Philip Anschutz who also recently bought the Oklahoman / OPUBCO.

Hope this doesn't stall the two Warrens planned for OKC but it very well may.

Regal Entertainment Group Completes Acquisition of Warren Theatres

KNOXVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Regal Entertainment Group, a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating one of the largest theatre circuits in the United States, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of seven existing Warren Theatres in Kansas and Oklahoma. Regal continues to raise the bar by investing in local markets and providing luxury amenities that enhance the movie going experience.

The transaction will add a total of seven theatres with 93 screens to Regal’s portfolio, including the Warren 14/IMAX in Moore, Oklahoma – the 17th highest grossing theater in the United States in 2016.

“Warren Theatres have become the market leader in both Wichita and Oklahoma City by providing superior customer service and a myriad of upscale amenities, including reclining seats, large format screens and a wide array of food and beverage options,” stated Amy Miles, CEO of Regal Entertainment Group. “We are honored and excited to add these high-quality assets to our circuit and expect the transaction to be immediately accretive to our earnings and cash flow.”

President of Warren Theatres, Bill Warren, has considered past offers, but chose to go forward with the Regal proposal, stating: “I know our movie-going guests and our 1,400 cast members will be in great hands with Regal. I have long been impressed with Regal’s high standards of quality showmanship and outstanding customer service.”

This addition to Regal’s theatre circuit is a great strategic fit. Regal is continuously seeking new and innovative ideas to enhance the guest experience. Luxurious King-Size Recliners, immersive technology, expanded food menus, and industry leading loyalty program Regal Crown Club are a few of the many ways Regal seeks to provide our guests an opportunity to enjoy the movies.

About Regal Entertainment Group
    Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) operates one of the largest and most geographically diverse theatre circuits in the United States, consisting of 7,262 screens in 559 theatres in 43 states along with Guam, Saipan, American Samoa and the District of Columbia as of March 31, 2017. The Company operates theatres in 48 of the top 50 U.S. designated market areas. We believe that the size, reach and quality of the Company’s theatre circuit not only provide its patrons with a convenient and enjoyable movie-going experience, but is also an exceptional platform to realize economies of scale in theatre operations.

Additional information is available on the Company's website at www.REGmovies.com.

10. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

I have a bad feeling the quality is about to go down...

11. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I have a bad feeling the quality is about to go down...
    I have a feeling there will be no more real butter on the popcorn!

I have a bad feeling the 2 new theatres won't be built....

13. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I have a feeling there will be no more real butter on the popcorn!
    Just swipe your Regal Crown Card and after seeing 10 movies in a three month period we will dispense real butter for you! *Terms subject to change. 1oz per customer.

Anschutz has been buying theater chains for a long time, mainly failing companies on the cheap.

He bought a bunch in SoCal including one very near me and it was about 15 years behind the competition and only minor improvements were made.

They own the Spotlight 14 in Norman and I don't think that place is very exciting.

Whether the North OKC & MWC theaters will go forward will likely depend on how nailed-down the leases are. I would think both could easily be abandoned by Regal if that was their desire.

I believe they mainly do acquisitions, and not much new construction.

HangryHippo Guest

Well this is sh*tty news.

16. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Anschutz has been buying theater chains for a long time, mainly failing companies on the cheap.

He bought a bunch in SoCal including one very near me and it was about 15 years behind the competition and only minor improvements were made.

They own the Spotlight 14 in Norman and I don't think that place is very exciting.

Whether the North OKC & MWC theaters will go forward will likely depend on how nailed-down the leases are. I would think both could easily be abandoned by Regal if that was their desire.

I believe they mainly do acquisitions, and not much new construction.

They
    The one in Norman is pretty awful. Old screens and bad concessions for 8 bucks a ticket during matinees. On the plus side it is never crowded.

17. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    The one in Norman is pretty awful. Old screens and bad concessions for 8 bucks a ticket during matinees. On the plus side it is never crowded.
    Last time I was there it smelled horrible too.

18. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

On the plus side the Moore Warren was just totally renovated... So it shouldn't need any improvements made to it in awhile.

19. Default Re: Warren Theaters coming to MWC!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    On the plus side the Moore Warren was just totally renovated... So it shouldn't need any improvements made to it in awhile.
    I just worry based on other Regal offerings they are going to start cutting corners. Higher prices on food while lowering quality.

If they cancel the proposed theatres I'll never give them another dime.

Regal acquired other, larger chains like United Artists and Edwards. In those cases, they left the exterior signage / names but rebranded everything inside to Regal.

With smaller chains, they almost always remove the old names completely.

I suspect the Moore location will eventually be renamed Regal and if the two new places still go forward, you can bet they will be Regals.

I live practically across the street from the one in Norman and I won't go in there. The carpet is absolutely disgusting and the seats aren't comfortable at all.

BTW, I expect statements will come out saying how nothing has changed, everything is still going forward, etc.

And I hope that is true.

But I was a management consultant in L.A. for a decade and worked on a bunch of acquisitions. On Day 1 everyone is always told nothing will change.

But then everything changes, which is part of the reason and certainly the synergy of buying an existing business.

Hope this works out for the best but my experience tells me otherwise.

according to this article the two new theatres for okc are not part of the sale.

That really sucks I guess money always talks but I thought Bill Warren had something really special with his theater group. I always go out of my way to drive to the Moore Warren to see a movie to support a smaller "indie" theater chain that has always done good to me. Food is always fresh, theaters spotless, audio/video perfect etc etc. I can't believe that Regal will be able to keep up the love Bill showed his employees and his theaters.

Thread Information