Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

^^ I think that looks really nice.

This is now one of my favorite buildings in OKC. Just an absolute bang-up job. Works so well with the district while also having it's own 21st century character.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    This is now one of my favorite buildings in OKC. Just an absolute bang-up job. Works so well with the district while also having it's own 21st century character.
    100%.

The Omni also turned out very nice, but this just fits Bricktown to a tee and becomes a great focal point in the dead center of the neighborhood.

Job very well done.

Plans for the Starbucks.

This entire project should start wrapping up in the next couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Plans for the Starbucks.

This entire project should start wrapping up in the next couple of months.

My wife tried doing a work event there in November since at one point they were saying they'd be open in late Oct. When the Sales Coordinator emailed back she said January opening now.

8. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

^^^^^^
    Yeah, I was in a meeting with the developer some months ago and even then he was saying "October-ish." It's been pretty clear that was a soft deadline and would be influenced by many factors, which at this time in history almost certainly involves labor and materials shortages, among other things. The minute he said that I knew it was more likely closer to the end of the year.

I hosted an internal meeting yesterday at their Fairfield property and their sales manager (who will also be sales manager for the Renaissance) told us the same. January. I hate it for them that they missed the holiday bookings but that won't be the worst time of the year to get open and get the kinks worked out before they get slammed next spring and summer. Can't wait for this Bricktown game changer.

Looks amazing! Drove by it on my short visit a few weekends ago. Spectacular! Sheridan Ave is a great looking street.

Blog Entries

For what it's worth, they're out there working on it on Sundays, too. Was surprised to see that this past weekend.

Blog Entries

Not all the outside LED lights are working, but I took this last night:

13. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

I guess I missed the Starbucks news. Is this replacing their store in the Centennial building? (Asking for a friend.)

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    I guess I missed the Starbucks news. Is this replacing their store in the Centennial building? (Asking for a friend.)
    They will coexist.

They have started installing the marble on the 1st and 2nd floors. Looks fantastic in person.

I've heard the opening has been delayed to mid-March.

Supply chain issues are still causing huge delays for almost all projects.

17. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

^^^^^^
    This is accurate. I spoke directly with the developer yesterday afternoon and he said it was specifically supply chain; in fact named specific materials they are waiting on and knew their location and relative logistics off the top of his head. He is still holding out hope for late February but also thinks first week of March is a possibility. They would really like to be open in time for spring break, which always packs hotels and attractions in Bricktown and downtown.

18. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

I visited with Anish and Andy Patel yesterday. They said that they are on track to open first quarter of 2022. The delay is due to supply chain and labor.

Hmm, it's not a bad building by any means, but I'm not a fan of the shiny surfaces in combination with the brick and bricktown's vintage look. I think it actually looked a bit better before they added the grey cladding. This is a building where you can tell they didn't want any brick but just added the bare minimum to meet the local requirement.

But I'm sure the hotel is awesome and it's a great addition to the vitality of the area. With shiny surfaces, the weather can make it look different. I'll have to see it in person one of these days before I critique too much.

^

It's marble and looks fantastic in person.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    Hmm, it's not a bad building by any means, but I'm not a fan of the shiny surfaces in combination with the brick and bricktown's vintage look. I think it actually looked a bit better before they added the grey cladding. This is a building where you can tell they didn't want any brick but just added the bare minimum to meet the local requirement.

But I'm sure the hotel is awesome and it's a great addition to the vitality of the area. With shiny surfaces, the weather can make it look different. I'll have to see it in person one of these days before I critique too much.
    Can confirm it looks great in person as well. I was actually surprised by how cool it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This looks fabulous.

I never noticed it until these last pics, but the bricked areas look like buildings on their own with the blue glass being the sky.

Thread Information