Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    But yesterday, Patel refiled his design plans for the site at Sheridan and Oklahoma, as the previous approval had expired.

Lisa Chronister of the Oklahoma City Planning Department said that Patel is seeking to have the building permits issued so he can start work, but first needed to have the design reapproved by planning.

-------

As building permits had been filed and approved some time ago, construction could start relatively quickly.
    Just for clarity, which permits have been filed and approved and which still need to be issued pending design reapproval?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Just for clarity, which permits have been filed and approved and which still need to be issued pending design reapproval?
    My understanding is the planning department has given the go-ahead to release the building permit, so they could start work today if they wanted.

Fantastic.

Wasn't there a plan to move the flagpole? Is that likely to happen again?

Moving the flagpole is prohibitively expensive, so no. A new flagpole is being constructed where the children's playground used to be on reno at the West end of the canal.

Blog Entries

Not a fair swap

Has there been any traction on beginning construction Pete.

Or a completion date or plans for the existing Renassaisance?

^

The existing Marriott Renaissance will get a new flag; perhaps Westin.

Nothing happening quite yet at this site but I believe they are getting close to pulling their building permit and getting busy.

Wiener Up posted a video of them tearing up the parking lot. Starting construction?

Yes, the building permit has been issued and they have started work.

11. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

^ wow, very nice.

Bricktown's ONLY full-service hotel and tallest building to come!!.

Dare I say that downtown OKC needs more full service hotels!! Yes, we have many rooms but MOST of them are limited and extended service in nature. Great news that Patel is moving forward on this!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

We'll soon have 3 new full-service hotels: Omni, Renaissance and First National.

That will add to the Skrivin, Sheraton and old Renaissance (likely to become a Westin).

13. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Maybe i missed something but the area they cleared is only about half of the rendering's size...

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Maybe i missed something but the area they cleared is only about half of the rendering's size...
    They were just getting started.

Entire site just about cleared. Flag pole now gone. As I mentioned in the Bricktown thread, a brand new flag pole has been installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190911_121623.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	15592

Thanks very much for the photo.

This project is going to bring much-needed height and density to the center of Bricktown.

Blog Entries

Bricktown3 Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

First full-service hotel in Bricktown
    10 stories
    182 rooms
    Developer, Andy Patel

Has there been any changes to this development; the figures are from September 2017.

I wonder if they are going to close that sidewalk for the entire construction or just during the initial phase of reconstructing it without the plaza.

You can bet the sidewalks will be closed for quite a while.

I know this is beating a dead horse here but damn OKC needs to implement rules forcing developers to keep sidewalk access open. Temporarily close a lane of traffic if need be.

21. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

^ especially in very high pedestrian areas of downtown, such as this location.

I can understand not requiring scaffolding and instead closing off the sidewalk for NW 4th - Walker to the west or currently anywhere in the Core-2-Shore, but areas like this or esp in the CBD need to have scaffolding to not only protect pedestrians but also reduce liability of the construction company for possible 'ground events'.

Did I just write the next OKC ordinance on Construction safety standard downtown. ...

In this case, the sidewalks have to be completely rebuilt anyway, so at least for a while, there isn't a walkway.

And can't really direct people into the shoulder of the street because of the streetcar line on Sheridan.

23. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

good points, but these should be the Exception (requiring city approval to temporary close/rebuild sidewalk instead of scaffolding) and not the Rule.

However, I'd argue that you cold still rebuild the sidewalk with scaffolding - and by having it in=place already, you don't need to ever disturb construction once the sidewalk is rebuilt. But I'd agree the expense for scaffolding may not be worth it, especially if the city allows the sidewalk to be closed for the entire project (again, should be an exception, not rule).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In this case, the sidewalks have to be completely rebuilt anyway, so at least for a while, there isn't a walkway.

And can't really direct people into the shoulder of the street because of the streetcar line on Sheridan.
    they could use the parking spaces right there for a temporary sidewalk.

The Bricktown/Canal plaza project has resulted in people having to walk in the street on Reno. For the longest time they had both sides close for paver installation.

Thread Information