Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

From yesterday:

2. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

It always feels like it takes so long to make progress up to the first floor on these things, and then BAM, they start going up fast.

The center shaft is for elevators; the two concrete boxes on the east and south sides will be stairwells.

Forms for next floor being installed. The core forms are sitting on a vertical stand due to limited space.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200227_122145.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	15818

^

Thanks!

I'll get out there with my drone this weekend.

Will be fun to watch this go up, which should happen pretty quickly given this construction method.

Probably the wrong thread but it seems to me like Spaghetti Warehouse is becoming less likely by the day to be developed into a hotel. I know it needs significant structural remediation but what do you think would be a good fit? This intersection has some serious potential if the adjacent parking lot could be developed into some sort of mixed use.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Probably the wrong thread but it seems to me like Spaghetti Warehouse is becoming less likely by the day to be developed into a hotel. I know it needs significant structural remediation but what do you think would be a good fit? This intersection has some serious potential if the adjacent parking lot could be developed into some sort of mixed use.
    They had been working on getting a restaurant or two for the ground floor + living units above.

They actually own a nearby surface lot.

But I think the existing owner is now looking to flip the property.

This should start going up pretty quickly now.

Note the temporary construction/sales office in the Brewer building just to the south.

9. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

So just eyeballing I assume the final structure will be about as tall as the current crane height?

10. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

about the same as the flag pole was/is.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

It’s so weird how empty the street are. I’m back in OKC until this blows over but when I left LA I was flying down the 101 all through downtown and didn’t go a hair under 80MPH. Most of the time you can’t even go above 30. Very bizarre what’s going on right now.

Its hard to imagine having enough business in downtown OKC to fill up half the hotels, not even considering this one being built. I wish hotel owners the best but I would NOT want to be in their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Its hard to imagine having enough business in downtown OKC to fill up half the hotels, not even considering this one being built. I wish hotel owners the best but I would NOT want to be in their shoes.
    When the virus is not impacting things, I believe the downtown OKC hotels do very well. Regardless of business travelers.

18. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

what about business in the rest of the city? Is there enough in the metro to support downtown hotels?

there isn't a rule that says 'you MUST do business downtown if you stay in a downtown hotel'. I mean, we have plenty of downtown hotel rooms here in Seattle yet most business is done elsewhere. I'd think the same might be the case in OKC just as it is in most cities not chicago NY HK and the like.

19. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

too bad the crane isn't lit up at night. That's one thing we have going on here, the cranes compete with night-time lighting displays. OKC should do it.

They are booking it on this location! And I think it will make a killing once it opens!

Blog Entries

wonder if they're trying to get some of that convention center opening initial conferences that need full-service crowd...

24. Default Re: Bricktown Marriott Renaissance

they can tout being the only full-service hotel in OKC best situated right in Bricktown. ...

For that reason (and the small footprint), they should go to 15+ floors as I suspect they're going to be packed. ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    they can tout being the only full-service hotel in OKC best situated right in Bricktown. ...

For that reason (and the small footprint), they should go to 15+ floors as I suspect they're going to be packed. ...
    I believe they are going to the max height that is allowed in Btown. 15 stories wouldn't be allowed. 10 is about it.

Thread Information