Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Default Sweet Home Oklahoma

Looks like the long-rumored Bravo show following women in OKC is finally happening. (Apologies if I missed a previous thread about this).

http://people.com/tv/sweet-home-okla...er-first-look/

http://www.thelostogle.com/2017/02/0...hills-weirdos/

I actually saw them filming this inside Phoenix Rising at Pride last year. Bravo was requiring waivers to go inside Phoenix. Everyone I knew was mostly just annoyed that they were co-opting Pride to film a bunch of women with no apparent ties to the gay community doing shots and living it up, but that's the nature of reality television. It honestly looks pretty terrible (typical Bravo show, really), but it will be cool to have a show that will purportedly show a more "progressive" and "wild" side of OKC and give us some love. Somehow I worry it'll just confirm people's stereotypes in its half-assed attempt to disprove it. =/

Default Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Yeah, the one guy is Josh Welch who is a disbarred lawyer from Nichols Hills.

Now a photographer and hangs out a lot with Wayne Coyne.

Will be interesting to see what parts of OKC gets featured.

the filmed all last year. I know they were at the Pride parade and in the gay bars that weekend and they were filming in Pinkitzel at one point. should be interesting indeed.

4. Default Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

Is the show a go for a second season?

^ I can't find anything pertaining to a second season, but it looks like eight additional episodes will be aired starting July 10.
    https://www.bustle.com/p/when-will-s...ere-soon-56112

saw one of the "stars" of the show at the super target yesterday. No one else seemed to notice her or who she was.

I've seen so many stars here in LA just walking around in various stores undetected.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I've seen so many stars here in LA just walking around in various stores undetected.
    Were they really undetected if you detected them?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Were they really undetected if you detected them?
    Lol I guess not. They do blend in though it isn't impossible to detect them. I'm 75% certain that I was seeing the ones I thought I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    saw one of the "stars" of the show at the super target yesterday. No one else seemed to notice her or who she was.
    None of them even have substantial Twitter followers.

Even here, I'm sure the percentage of people who have actually seen the show is quite low.

They actually have a pretty good following on Instagram and post frequently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    None of them even have substantial Twitter followers.

Even here, I'm sure the percentage of people who have actually seen the show is quite low.
    I record this program on Dish in my condo in N. W. OKC, the last episode was #7 on May 6 on Bravo; haven't seen anymore episodes since. Are they planning more episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    I record this program on Dish in my condo in N. W. OKC, the last episode was #7 on May 6 on Bravo; haven't seen anymore episodes since. Are they planning more episodes?
    It restarts on July 10th as a continuation of this season.

Not sure any decisions have been made about a new season.

Looks like it has about half as many viewers as "Southern Charm." Not sure that's enough to merit a renewal. But, then again, I'm sure the show costs almost nothing to produce.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...-5-1-2017.html

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    I'm sure for most people in the greater OKC metro, one of these "stars" could walk up to them and take a sip of their Braum's shake and no one would know who they were. However if David Payne did the same thing, most people would say, "Hey! David Payne just stole a drink of my milkshake."

16. Default Re: Sweet Home Oklahoma

I saw Wayne Coyne walk in the Chase Bank on Western last week and no one seemed to take any notice of him..... Then again when I saw him I thought it was the Toecutter from Mad Max.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edd0a7e6e7cc35151e426ee886467661.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	13874

The camera crews you see following Jennifer Welch around OKC are not for new episodes of Sweet Home Oklahoma, the Bravo reality show that centered on Welch and her two freinds Lee Murphy and Angie 'Pumps' Sullivan.

That show aired 16 episodes betwen May and August of last year and there has not been any official news about its possible return.

So when various TV types were recently seen at Fassler Hall and Scottie's Deli in the Tower Theater, the assumption was that there would be another fresh batch of episodes for the fall.

But as it turns out, it is for a new reality show starring Welch, named simply Sweet Home.

Sweet Home will differ in that if will focus on Welch and her interior design business.

A brief description from the show's website:

Sweet Home follows Jennifer Welch and her design business as she and her team, Alex, Sarah and Sabah, take on residential and commercial clients all over Oklahoma City. In each hour-long episode, viewers will see a project come together as Jennifer delivers sophisticated designs with the vision, passion, and sharp wit that she is known for, all while living and dealing with her ex-husband Josh as they raise their growing boys. As always, hijinks are in style as gal-pal Angie “Pumps” Sullivan is back for more hilarious fun.
    To debut in October, 8 1-hour episodes have been ordered and are in the process of being filmed.

The timeslot and network / channel have not yet been announced.

Pumps should of been the one with her own show. I loved Sweet Home Oklahoma it was a bit different then all those other type shows. This is might be another decorating show.
    Last edited by kukblue1; 06-05-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling

I can't wait to NOT watch this tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Myers View Post
    I can't wait to NOT watch this tripe.
    So don’t turn it on?

She's pretty funny and has a fairly good eye for design. I'll tune in.

she and pumps were both with Camera crew at Phoenix rising a month or so ago filming. we assumed sweet home Oklahoma. guess it was this project instead.

I spoke to some of the crew for this show over the weekend and they love OKC and the people. I thought that was cool considering most of them are from LA. It sounds like a large majority of the crew is housed in various units in Deep Deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    So don’t turn it on?
    We think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Myers View Post
    We think alike.
    So you don't like the delish eye candy?

Thread Information