Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

posting to this forum that is not current or uptodate.
    hi jeff here new to this site, referred by a friend, that s on here alot,
    anyway, look fwd to reading and posting stuff about whats happening around
    okc and the area.
    have a good day

2. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey--
    I'm dances with cameras--got that nickname a LONG time ago from a fellow broadcasting bud. I work in the media here in OKC--been in tv for over twenty years. Born and raised in Oklahoma with a couple short stints in Texas and New Mexico. I check here all the time to see what folks in OKC are talking about. And yes, I have gotten a few story ideas here.

Just wanted to take some time and say hello to everyone.

Hi, I am actually in New York but I want to relocate, and we have had Tulsa on our minds. I am here for as much info as I can get , and maybe make connections (friends only) I am a happily married mother of 5.

I was reading the discussion of the local on-air news talent and could not stay out it. Maybe I'll talk about some other things now and then too. The blip at the top said I should stop here and say "hey." So..."hey."

I grew up in S OKC and Moore. Lived in Norman for the past 6 years and recently relocated to Mesta Park. I am here mainly for restaurant and business reviews in or near my new neighborhood. I love it hear very much and excited to be in a part of OKC that is being reborn! Exciting times to be from OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    hello, my name is ED CRUNK.
    i've been dj-ing at clubs, shows, raves, nu-raves and dance parties in this region for 16 years. i used to own 3 well known clubs in the 90's, STARSEVEN DISKOTEK, E.B.M. (1&2). i co-owned EBM #2 with Jeremy dawson of SHINY TOY GUNS... and i was also shiny toy guns first tour manager. i owned ONE TRIBE RECORDS from 1993-2000 until i sold it and moved to dallas. i had a fantastic stint in texas, but moved back to okc in 2005 when the club scene flopped there. i am part of the the internationally recognized "DANCE ROBOTS, DANCE!" dj crew. we have a weekly on wednesdays at ELECTRO LOUNGE.
    i also run the OKLAHOMA CITY page on myspace

MySpace.com - 3DW@RD!CU$$ [crunktronic] - 35 - Male - OKLAHOMA CITY [four oh five], OKLAHOMA - www.myspace.com/edcrunk
    www.dancerobotsdance.com
    MySpace.com - OKLAHOMA CITY - 35 - Male - <marquee direction=RIGHT><H3>OKC - 405</MARQUEE>, OKLAHOMA - www.myspace.com/oklahomacityrocks
    MySpace.com - Dance Robots, Dance! - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Electro / Indie / New Wave - www.myspace.com/dancerobotsdancedotcom
    I miss star 7. I saw DJ Keoki there back in the day. Great to know you are back in OKC.

You flopped in Dallas? Sooner or later, everything seems to flop in Dallas. Three months and the hottest restaurant closes. Dallas got old because of it's, "Has to be new and HOT!" theme.

Even good restaurants had to "HOT!" Best to avoid all the "HOT" places.

Hello! my last name is Isaacs. I work at a well known government facility in south OKC.

This looks like a good place for City info!

Hey Everyone.
    My name is Tony. I've been back in OKC about 2 years now.
    Just ran across the site this evening so though I would check it out.

Cheers,
    Tony

Red face Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

My name is Sheri. I grew up in Britton and attended OKC Public Schools all 13-years of my primary school career. I now live in North of OKC about 75-miles, and love being away from down there but in a strange way, I often miss it.

I was "Googling" Aaron Tuttle when I came across this web site and now it is one of my "favorites". I am a people person and love to read what everyone posts on here and I like to keep up with the progress of what "the city" is becoming.

When I was a kid fresh out of high school and working my way through college, I worked at the Howard Johnson's reservation center and would often times talk to people across the US about what OKC had to offer. There were a lot of people who wanted to visit the city because of its rich western heritage and they wanted to visit a docile place and get away from the hustle and bustle of a big city. I appreciate what OKC has become but I hope that people never loose sight of what it was. Oklahoma is a very diverse state, where else can you go from the gorgeous hills of eastern Oklahoma to the desserts of western Oklahoma? We may have rednecks and trailer trash in our state, but if you think about it, we have to have these kind of people in society to make our state grow. They are just as important as the millionaires and billionaires. We just need to accept each other for who we are and not try to move them out.

Hello from northeast Oklahoma. I like the look of this forum so I thought I would try it out! Sometimes these forums remind me of the graffiti I see on walls around Tulsa. So, I'm going with it!

I am an OU graduate from back in the seventies with three boys, a Silky Terrier and of course a lovely wife. Look forward to some interesting discourse.

13. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi there. Found this place while googling something and figured i'd give it a shot. I've been back in the area about a year now. Love all the reviews on here!

Hey all from Moore!

Hello, really like the board. I live in Moore and work for a Drilling Company.

16. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi there. I grew up in OKC, went to McGuinness HS and moved to Norman at 19. Went to school at OU forever off and on studying architecture, interior design and then art history.

Finally left the state in 2003, moving to Portland, Oregon. Moved back to OKC August of 2007. Portland taught me a lot about what a city can be. It made me want to come back here and make things happen.

I am, slowly but surely, doing just that. I am starting up a weekly public market to be held in inner OKC and I am a crafter for pay, well kind of! I was a stay at home mom up until last year and now I am a full-time volunteer to my project and a part-time employee to my company!

I have a little girl who is growing up way too fast and an old lady dog who is getting smelly way too fast. I have very little free time and the time I have I spend with my two favorite people...or bicycling or gardening...and usually I can include my favorite two in to those activities. Lucky me.

Oh, and one more thing. We are looking for a house with acreage so that we can have chicken and bees....just by chance anyone reading this knows of acreage for sale! I am in Crown heights now, looking to move east of town or south of Norman.

I think I originally found this site while looking up Humphries Ferris Wheel. I have to limit my time on here or I get sucked in. Good info....glad you are all here sharing!

I'm glad to know someone wants to tend bees. We need all we can get. I love bees, and I'm not seeing many of them in my garden this year.

Hey all! I ran across this place while I was looking up info on Beatnix Cafe. I'm sticking around because it's pretty cool! I make videos, I just made one for Beatnix, maybe I'll post it later. Right now I am side-tracked with all the other info here. Awesome site, thanks!

Talking Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi Everybody-
    I am SOONERBORN1958, and am so happy to have found this site!! I am a 50 year old female, spent my first 35 years in OKC. Grew up in NW OKC, graduated from Casady and OU. Now live in the Midwest.

Wow!! It is so great to find a spot where people can gather to cruise back down memory lane and reminisce about the OKC of the 60's and 70s!!

I remember Hoho the clown coming to my 4th birthday party....being on Foreman Scotty several times....fieldtrips to the Wonder and Bond bread factories...the little plastic giraffes on the cups at Sonic...my first job at age 16 at the TG and Y...saving Townley's bottle caps for discounts to Wedgewood....well, if you've read this far, you get the picture.

I look forward to getting to know y'all!!

SOONERBORN1958

Hi, I'm Carolyn, and just came across this site through a link on another site. I'm in the process of moving to Edmond from the Tulsa area. I work in downtown OKC, and have three school age boys. I'm still finding my way around and working on making new friends here.

Hi I am Ron lived in OKC most all my life, then moved just outside of the city limits about 10 years ago to get me a little peace and quiet in the country living atmosphere. But the southside of OKC will always hold my heart. Still work in the city and so does my wife. good to meet all of you and spend many good times here hopefully.

22. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by muppetkiller View Post
    You flopped in Dallas? Sooner or later, everything seems to flop in Dallas. Three months and the hottest restauhttp://www.okctalk.com/images/editor/attach.gif
    http://www.okctalk.com/images/editor/attach.gifrant closes. Dallas got old because of it's, "Has to be new and HOT!" theme.

Even good restaurants had to "HOT!" Best to avoid all the "HOT" places.
    i didn't flop in dallas.
    i was part of the most well known and respected dj crew in texas, PROTOTYPE INDUSTRIES, which is ran by JEREMY WORD aka KID ICARUS.

dallas got lame and i planned to move to NEWPORT BEACH, but OKC caught me by surprise.
    when i came back into town... everybody ran around celebrating that there was gonna be parties again, and guess what. \there are parties again. i just kept getting booked and decided that it was important that i stay. in fact at SXSW the dallas people kept telling all the out of towners i was a dallasite... and i haven't lived there in 3 years. my friends there accuse me of taking the parties with me when i left.

23. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

I lived in Tulsa from '85 through 2002 and have visited OKC many times. I recently shot a series of aerial panoramics in and around OKC and Norman, some of which are on my website.

Mark

Hello all,

Yet another video production person here. I've worked at KWTV and a few local production companies over the last 21 years and I've been strictly freelance since 2000.

I was part of the multi-camera crew shooting the Hornets home games during the two seasons they were here. Hoping to get a spot doing the same with the Sonics/Thunder/whatever-they-end-up-calling-themselves.

FR Turbo (American...)

hello folks,

i've lived in the OKC area for over 12 years and just recently found this site. i really enjoy the different perspectives about recent events and developments around the city. looked forward to the exciting conversations!

tpm

Thread Information