Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi,
    I am Hannah, live in Edmond. Born in Tulsa, been in OKC since an infant. I am separated from my second husband, this ones been pretty rough. I have two girls, 16 and 11. I work in the mortgage industry so this is my really busy time. I don't remember how I found this site, searching for something. Looks like an excellent place for some good conversation.
    Have a great week everyone!

2. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi hannah,

Welcome aboard this is a great place. I know what it its like to be in a separation, been in mine for a year and its been hard. Well feel free to get in on any of the topics of discussion or you can start one your own, or ask any question you have someone here may have the answer you are looking for.

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah
    Hi,
    I am Hannah, live in Edmond. Born in Tulsa, been in OKC since an infant. I am separated from my second husband, this ones been pretty rough. I have two girls, 16 and 11. I work in the mortgage industry so this is my really busy time. I don't remember how I found this site, searching for something. Looks like an excellent place for some good conversation.
    Have a great week everyone!
    Hi Hannah, and welcome to OKCTalk. We are glad that you found this site. There is always some type of discussion going on, and the other members on this forum are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.

I have also noticed that, not only have you joined the forum, but you have also invested in a premium membership.

I have two words for you......

Thanks again for joining us at okctalk, and happy posting .

I was a little leery of joining but then when I read about the moderators, I felt comfortable. I am not into the sites where people prey on others. You seemed like a good Christian family man, there is another one in medical school………I need to ask him if he knows my brother, he is Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at OUHSC.

Looking forward to meeting some good clean people.

Thanks,

Welcome Hannah, your gonna like this place alot. I found it by looking for web sites devoted to Oklahoma and havent left since. Edmond to me is one of the most beautiful places that I would want to live in. Course I dont live there, just saying I would if I could, and will if I get my way.

Hey y'all -

My name is Chuck Bell. On-line I'm usually known as Sabaki or Neoslak. I'm currently living in Salina, Oklahoma, although I lived in Ponca City, where I worked at Conoco for ten years, Dallas, for a couple of years with Sprint and another six years in Dallas with Atlantis Trading Corporation as systems manager.

I'm a Scientologist (yeah, like Tom Cruise, haha) and have been since 1988, not long after I first read the book 'Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health' by L. Ron Hubbard. Now I know some folks have some strange ideas about Dianetics and Scientology, but, hey! It works! I've found that the strange ideas people have about these subjects usually come from confusion or lack of information or believing gossip or misinformation without checking their facts.

I'm currently heading up the NorthEast Oklahoma Dianetics and Scientology Study Group and give regular seminars and workshops on these subjects. We have a group in Oklahoma City as well and our groups are working together to bring Dianetics and Scientology to Oklahoma.

Hey, we're everywhere! Muahahaha!

I've been a computer junkie (nerd, geek, whatever) for most of my life. I had one of the first personal computers, a TRS-80 Model I back in '81 and have been 'hackin' ever since.

Nowadays I use Linux and Open Source Software almost exclusively for my computer stuff. I'm particularly fond of Slackware Linux - mostly because it was the first Linux operating system I learned on and it has been around the longest. That, and because it isn't Windoze and is open source and Free as in Freedom. For me Slackware has been the most stable and still reasonably cutting-edge Linux system around and it's philosophy has remained and is 'keep it simple'. I also use Debian, SuSE, Redhat, and other Linux systems, but Slack is my favorite.

I've been active in the Tulsa Linux Users Group for several years and have given several Linux-centric seminars for the TLUG and for the Tulsa Computer Society.

I am also a Go Player. That is an ancient oriental board game, usually known as Japanese Go and also known as Wei-Chi in Chinese and Paduk in Korean. For more about Go visit the American Go Association web site at:

My alias 'Sabaki' is a Japanese Go term meaning 'development' having to do with the development of the game as it is played, but I also do software development.

Well, I have a very wide range of interests - motorcycles, philosophy, cooking, fishing, camping, music, to name a few.

And, I'm more interested in being interested instead of interesting. Heheh. So that's enough about me!

Looks like a real interesting web site here! The forums are great!

Chuck Bell

--------------------
    "The mind that understands itself
    Is the mind of a free man".
    - L. Ron Hubbard

KrispysKingdom Guest

Hello all! My name is Kris. I am a WAHM (graphics & web designer - among other internet-related things) and my husband is in the ARMY. We have two sons - Cherokee is 10 and Maximus is 2. We moved to Lawton from Nevada about 1 1/2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KrispysKingdom
    Hello all! My name is Kris. I am a WAHM (graphics & web designer - among other internet-related things) and my husband is in the ARMY. We have two sons - Cherokee is 10 and Maximus is 2. We moved to Lawton from Nevada about 1 1/2 years ago.
    Welcome Kris, your gonna like this place alot.

Ally_05 Guest

Howdy, y'all! I'm Alex, I live in Lewisville, Texas. I have a sister in OKC and I found you guys on Tulsa TV Memories.

10. Talking Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Ally_05
    Howdy, y'all! I'm Alex, I live in Lewisville, Texas. I have a sister in OKC and I found you guys on Tulsa TV Memories.
    Welcome to OKC Talk Alex!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KrispysKingdom
    Hi Alex and Kris....it is great to have you as members of OKCTalk. Thanks for letting us know a little more about yourselves. As mariner62 said, you will really like this place.

Ally_05 Guest

Thanks very much, folks. I really appreciate that.

gemgirl Guest

I stumbled on this webite early last week and decided to join. I haven't posted much yet, but I'm glad that people here seem pretty laid back. We all know how some forums can get vile fast. My name is Stephanie. I'm 25 and live in Midwest City with my husband and 13-month-old daughter. I work full time at Baptist and take evening classes at Rose State. I've been in Oklahoma since August 1998---moved here from Memphis.

LuAnn Guest

Hi. My name is LuAnn and I live in Kentucky with my DH Chris, our 3 children and our dog - who just had TEN puppies! We moved up from Texas a couple of months ago and I wanted to go through OK last time...as in two previous visits we have had vehicles DIE in AR.

Seriously, I found out about this place from a friend of mine, Rhonda. And I know a couple people in the area as well. So here I am.

15. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi, Luann...Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by LuAnn
    Hi. My name is LuAnn and I live in Kentucky with my DH Chris, our 3 children and our dog - who just had TEN puppies! We moved up from Texas a couple of months ago and I wanted to go through OK last time...as in two previous visits we have had vehicles DIE in AR.

Seriously, I found out about this place from a friend of mine, Rhonda. And I know a couple people in the area as well. So here I am.
    Hey LuAnn, glad to have ya here. It's a nice place to be. But why Kentucky from Texas? just curious. Kentucky is beautiful.

Winterhawk Guest

Greetings,

I go by the name of Winterhawk. I am 28, live in Eastern OKC. I am married, father of 2. Recently retired from the Air Force.

I will not go into too much depth about myself personally as I truly do not know any of you yet and therefore I am tenative to post too much about myself.

You can truly get to know more about me at my blog located at http://www.towerofthesun.com/blog

I also run the site called Tower of the Sun, a worldwide community of fans of the Lone Wolf series of book by Joe Dever.

I look forward to posting more, talk to you all later.

18. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome Winterhawk! Look forward to getting to know you...

" You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

plskittyonemore Guest

hi im plskitty1more. im a part time student. will be graduating come dec of 06. then its time to find a job. i have brn hair shot through with some silver and drk brn eyes. im of latin decent. im 35 yrs old but look about 27. im not being conceited this is what people have told me.

20. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Most of you all know me already! Just checking in!

21. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

I am Bigjkt405--- if you are familiar with the rivals network- my handle used to be bigbodypoke (long story)

born and raised in NE OKC, moved to florida after college, and now live in tulsa. am looking to relocate to the city fairly quickly

Hello,

My name is Paul and I am in Del City. I was born and raised here but lived outside of Oklahoma for 10 years due to being in the Air Force. I have always been proud of my hometown and found this site while looking for Hornets information.

I not only found the two Hornets' sites listed above that I love but have grown to love this site as well. It is great to have a place to find out about new developments.

Thanks for the site,

Paul

Keith Guest

Hi bigjkt405 and plmccordj (Paul):

Let me be the first to welcome you both to OKCTalk. This is a unique forum that gives you the opportunity to voice your opinions and share your thoughts and ideas. Feel free to jump in anytime and reply to a post. There are many great members on this forum, so you have a great chance to make new friends. Relax, and enjoy youself .

Again....

Hello OKC Talks, I am a native Oklahoman (Lawton), OU grad, living and working in the Washingtonm DC area. I love my home state and surf to Oklahoma related site daily. Always interested in the news and events that continue to make our State great. Right now, I am on a Hornets high and and hoping that my fellows Oklahomans who currently reside in the State will make a showing that will make it a sound business decision for them to stay. Look forward to talking about any and all issues and maybe in 4-5 years returning and retiring at home in Oklahoma

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner
    Hello OKC Talks, I am a native Oklahoman (Lawton), OU grad, living and working in the Washingtonm DC area. I love my home state and surf to Oklahoma related site daily. Always interested in the news and events that continue to make our State great. Right now, I am on a Hornets high and and hoping that my fellows Oklahomans who currently reside in the State will make a showing that will make it a sound business decision for them to stay. Look forward to talking about any and all issues and maybe in 4-5 years returning and retiring at home in Oklahoma
    Hi dcsooner, and Welcome to OKCTalk, We appreciate you posting on the "roll call," so that we can know more about you. We have many Hornets fans on this forum, so you will be right at home. We always like to hear from native Oklahomans that are living in another state. It shows your interest in our great city.

Feel free to visit and share your ideas and opinions.

Again,

Thread Information