Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Patrick Guest

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey workman, we're glad to have you here! If you need any help navigating around the site, don't hesitate to contact me! I know, there's a lot here and it can seem overwhelming at first, but just find the areas that interest you most, and participate there! That makes it somewhat easier! We're so happy to have you here! Thanks for the intro.

2. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi All,

My name is Kelley. I'm 43 and a single "Mom" of 2 pups and 1 fish.

I worked at the Lucent Plant for about 21 years and now work at Norman Regional Hospital and am happy for the change! Hoping soon to be moving on to the new Moore Medical Center when it opens in June. I'm a born and bred Oklahoman and very proud of our state and am thrilled to be reading from and about all the people here who love our state too. Just as much, I am thrilled to learn of such great resources that are here, on okctalk, where we can learn and share more about our state, the people that love it and the many new plans for more greatness! Thank you too to MrAnderson for introducing me to this site.
    Wishes to all for a Happy Day!

3. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Thanks Kel.

Patrick Guest

Hey Kelley, we're so happy to have you here! By the way, thanks for the information on Moore Hospital you sent me via email. I'll take a look at their website.

Anyways, we'd love to have you participate anywhere you'd like! Feel free to jump right in!

We're glad you're here!

5. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

I'm Doug Loudenback, married to Mary Jo Watson, have 2 adult children and some grandchildren (another on the way) all of whom live in Okc. I was born at St. Anthony's in the year of the black penny but my family moved shortly after. I finally landed back in Oklahoma City after finishing law school and a couple of years in the army, and have lived here since the (1970). Before that, as a kid in the Lawton school system, I loved my trips to Okc ... the old Toddle House on NW 23rd (the best chocolate ice box pie ever!), the great old movie theaters downtown and the bustle that was present downtown in that era.

I'm an avid WordPerfect user ... die-hard, you might say ... and write a WordPerfect macro program that I sell to Oklahoma lawyers through the OBA. BTW, most solo and small firm Oklahoma lawyers still use WordPerfect & regard it as vastly superior to MS Word! I'll be teaching a class in WordPerfect macros beginning in a few weeks to several of my lawyer friends who want to learn how ... a free manual I've written on WordPerfect macros is available for download at my website, in the WordPerfect area.

But, what brought me here was that I was adding a downtown Oklahoma City clickable map and building images to my website, and in one search or another for images to include I ran across a link to this website, less than a week ago, and it looked like a nice place to be since I like being an Okie City guy!

That's enough of an introduction. I've tried to post a link to my new Downtown Oklahoma City page(s) in this message and just learned that the practice isn't OK! Google my name and you can find it on your own, if you want. I hope that it is a useful contribution to people who like such things.

Doug Loudenback

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback
    I'm Doug Loudenback, married to Mary Jo Watson, have 2 adult children and some grandchildren (another on the way) all of whom live in Okc. I was born at St. Anthony's in the year of the black penny but my family moved shortly after. I finally landed back in Oklahoma City after finishing law school and a couple of years in the army, and have lived here since the (1970). Before that, as a kid in the Lawton school system, I loved my trips to Okc ... the old Toddle House on NW 23rd (the best chocolate ice box pie ever!), the great old movie theaters downtown and the bustle that was present downtown in that era.

I'm an avid WordPerfect user ... die-hard, you might say ... and write a WordPerfect macro program that I sell to Oklahoma lawyers through the OBA. BTW, most solo and small firm Oklahoma lawyers still use WordPerfect & regard it as vastly superior to MS Word! I'll be teaching a class in WordPerfect macros beginning in a few weeks to several of my lawyer friends who want to learn how ... a free manual I've written on WordPerfect macros is available for download at my website, in the WordPerfect area.

But, what brought me here was that I was adding a downtown Oklahoma City clickable map and building images to my website, and in one search or another for images to include I ran across a link to this website, less than a week ago, and it looked like a nice place to be since I like being an Okie City guy!

That's enough of an introduction. I've tried to post a link to my new Downtown Oklahoma City page(s) in this message and just learned that the practice isn't OK! Google my name and you can find it on your own, if you want. I hope that it is a useful contribution to people who like such things.

Doug Loudenback

Hey Doug, thanks for the nice intro and welcome to the site. Concerning your attempt to post a link, actually, we had to require that a user make 5 posts before being able to post a link. This has solved much of our spamming problem, as most spammers won't hang around long enough to make 5 posts in order to "earn" the ability to post a link.

Hey, send me a PM with the link. I'd love to post it here.

Again, we welcome you, and thanks for the nice intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Hey Doug, thanks for the nice intro and welcome to the site. Concerning your attempt to post a link, actually, we had to require that a user make 5 posts before being able to post a link. This has solved much of our spamming problem, as most spammers won't hang around long enough to make 5 posts in order to "earn" the ability to post a link.

Hey, send me a PM with the link. I'd love to post it here.

Again, we welcome you, and thanks for the nice intro.
    His website is a wonderful source of information. His program is something that most in the family law practice use on a daily basis. He's one of the best attorneys around to boot.

8. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Thanks, Midtowner! I'm blushing!

Doug

savgranny Guest

Hi I'm connie I used to live in OKC. I still consider it home. I used to work for BK,sad to see alaco have to close them. I liked working for them. I have lived in OKC most of my life. I have had some good jobs and have also been in the shelters when things went wrong. Things are better and look to be staying that way. I just started working for 4cnet in Seminole. I'm a TSR for bargain network. I like the work. I visit OKC occasionally still and keep up on the happenings there. I can't wait to post my views -- is there a talk net for any other cities in ok?

Patrick Guest

Hey connie, we're so happy to have you here. I think it's interesting that you've experienced the life of living in the shelters. I'd think that would be a very enlightening experience. I give you praise for seeking the assistance of sheleters instead of panhandling like some people do. The shelters do a great work in our city. Our very own Proactive Volunteer volunteers countless hours at the Jesus House. It's a great ministry.

Hey, if you get a chance, feel free to tell us about your experiences as part of the homeless shelters. We'd be interested to hear about them!

Take care and we welcome you to the site!

11. Talking Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi all! I'm sweetdaisy and I'm back in OKC after living out of state for the past 10 years. While surfing around looking for professional singles groups, I stumbled across this website. I figure at least one of you out there has an idea of where a single gal can meet new friends (both male and female). I miss having a social life!

Don't know what all I should tell everyone on this introduction, so I'll keep it short. I will admit this is the first time I've ever done any sort of "chat", so please forgive my ignorance of the system. It took me 10 minutes to find the Intro/Welcome page. DUH!

Look forward to talking with you all!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    Hi all! I'm sweetdaisy and I'm back in OKC after living out of state for the past 10 years. While surfing around looking for professional singles groups, I stumbled across this website. I figure at least one of you out there has an idea of where a single gal can meet new friends (both male and female). I miss having a social life!

Don't know what all I should tell everyone on this introduction, so I'll keep it short. I will admit this is the first time I've ever done any sort of "chat", so please forgive my ignorance of the system. It took me 10 minutes to find the Intro/Welcome page. DUH!

Hi sweetdaisy, and to okctalk. You have found an excellent place to meet other singles. As a matter of fact, we have a singles chat every Tuesday night at 7 PM on this forum. It gives you a chance to meet other people and get to know them better.

Feel free to share your ideas and opinions about anything. There are a great bunch of people who post here, and we have a very friendly atmosphere. Again, it's great to have you.

13. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy

Hi sweetdaisy welcome to the forum you will enjoy it very much. You were saying you were looking for a singles group to have some friends, I would like to reach out a invitation myself to have a friendship. I have been searching myself since about aug last year for a female friend and haven't had much luck. I wanted a companion to hang out with and have conversation with, since most the time I am home alone. If you like to chat or have a email buddy give me a shout in pm's or post here where you would like me to reach you at.

14. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Patrick, I've now posted more than 5 messages but I still cannot post urls. What am I doing wrong?

Doug Loudenback

Patrick Guest

Hey Doug, I'll look into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Patrick Guest

Never mind, I guess the link feature is worknig for you now!

17. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Patrick, yes, I can now post urls. I sent an e-mail to the "Contact Us" link, below, and it was answered by Todd Reagor, he advising that the threshold had been raised to 10 a few weeks ago. So, that's why under 10 messages didn't get me there.

Thanks,
    Doug

Patrick Guest

My apologies for the inconvenience. Todd, our site administrator, and owner of the site, has been making several changes recently. I suppose I missed this one!

19. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Not a problem, Patrick. All is well.

Doug

ILuvCats Guest

Hi! I'm ILuvCats. I was born and raised in Oklahoma City. Currently live in Edmond. I am a professional. I have 4 cats, 3 orange tabbies and a long haired tortiseshell.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Welcome to OKCTalk.

Shaggy Guest

Hi everybody. I was introduced to this forum by a good friend of mine. He has told me a lot about the discussions that go on here, so I thought I would give it a whirl. As a matter of fact, I really like this idea of Premium membership. I may get with the administrator, and see what I need to become a premium member. I live in north OKC, however, I work as a loan officer at a credit union in Midwest City. I have been married for 10 years, and I have a beautiiful 8 year old girl.

I am an avid ham radio operator, and one of my favorite things to do is to chase storms for the Okla. County Civil Defense.

Patrick Guest

Hey Stormchaser, we're so happy to have you here. Thanks for the intro. Your handle fits you well, especially since storm chasing is your hobby. This is surely the time of the year for it.

Hey, if you'd be interested in becoming a Premium Subscriber, we'd be happy to have you help us out with the operating expenses of this forum. If you need more info, please send me a PM or contact Todd via PM.

Darla Guest

Hi!

I am called several names....Darla is my birth name but I answer to Mom, Grandma, Aunt Dorie and several more depending on whether I'm behind the wheel of an automobile. I am a native Oklahoman with stopovers in Canada, 3 years, Beaver Lake, Ar, 16 years, Yukon, 5 years. I am an avid gardener, a political junkie, active letter writer on a variety of subjects.....rail transportation, depleted uranium, local city council activities, etc.

Some of my best friends tell me I'm opinionated and I can't argue the point. I've already told everyone too much. Glad to be here!!

Welcome to OKCTalk, Darla, we're glad to have you here. Feel free to post in any of the conversations, we look foreword to your comments.

Thread Information