Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Thanks for the welcome Rifleman! Up to this point, my transition to OKC has been a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure what to expect from this city, region, or the state; since you don't really hear anything too good or bad about this area in Indiana, other than tornados.

The reason for my relocation was due to a job promotion. I'm very excited about the opportunities that my new employer provides and the ongoing renaissance that is taking fold in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownman View Post
    The reason for my relocation was due to a job promotion. I'm very excited about the opportunities that my new employer provides and the ongoing renaissance that is taking fold in OKC.

Well, I hope the promotion is what you thought it would be as well. As far as OKC goes, I am both curious and anxious to get back as well... there have been a lot of changes, most of them good, and I am looking forward to seeing just how far the OKC area can go on the adrenaline it is generating for itself!

Welcome to the forum! Post early and often... and there seems to be a solid group of good folks on here that visit and post regularly, so you should have good (and knowledgeable) company!

I'm looking forward to sharing thought provoking and insightful dialogue with everyone on the forum, while developing some new friends in the process.

Once again, thanks for the Welcome!

hello.

my wife and I have lived in the OKC area for 8 years and just purchased a house nead midtown. We enjoy eating out at local restaurants and traveling, so most of my posts will probably be about local eateries.

Hey everyone.

I'm Chris. I work at SW Global Promotions and work with the D.A.R.E. program. I help raise money to keep the program in the school systems. I am an aspiring business owner in the future and I am working hard to accomplish my dreams. I love social activities, and anything that is outdoors. I go rock climbing at OKC Rocks, my local hang outs are Loony Bin Comedy Club and Belle Isle Brewery. Sometimes I wonder off and go to Hudson's or Edna's hole in the wall to catch up with some of my friends. I don't get a whole lot of spare time, working 6 days a week now, sometimes 7.

I live in Warr Acres and have a nice rent house here. I love being in the city atmosphere. I am originally from the Woodward, OK area. I have been in the OKC area since March.

I pretty much enjoy reading all of the different posts on here. I may not post a whole lot on some, but I still read them. I enjoy reading peoples responses and highlights of the town. I'm always open to catching a friendly conversation talking about any kind of topic! I have been on the OKC Talks board for a few weeks now.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read, and welcome to all of the other new members out there!

-Chris (excat)

My name is Todd Gordon and I am a newbie screenwriter looking for my "big break." I moved to OKC in 2001 from Canada with my wife Lisa (she is from here originally) so it was quite a culture shock... but I love it here.

I joined up to be able to add in to discussions on issues that affect us, and this is THE BEST board for up to date happenings around town. Great place.

I am 61 years old and i found this site when a friend in Pa sent me link. I started exploring and like what I found.

8. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

hello all,
    just found this place and saw some topics i was interested in having discussions about. i work downtown, and wanted a place to talk about the places and happenings around me. looking forward to some stimulating conversation with the rest of the members here.

Greetings corporatocracy,

Great name! And welcome!

So, what's happening around you right now?

Hi all.

My name is Andrea. I grew up in Laverne, the home of Miss America 1967 and the 2006 National FFA President. We have streets named after both. Not kidding.

I spent two years in college at Northwestern in Alva, then transferred last spring to OU. I'm a psychology major hoping to go on to med school when I graduate next fall. I work as a receptionist and live in Midwest City with my fiancé, a cocker spaniel puppy, a ball python, and various fish. So that's me.

Welcome to all the other new members!

Great site.

My name is CrimsonOberon.
    I'll try to make sure to check back in here often, as I am always fascinated by the changes that are occurring in our great city.
    Take care, everyone.

Red face Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi all! My name is Kim. I'm 26... I have lived here all my life. I have been married for 2 years now with no kiddos yet!!! I love sports of any kind, my faves are volleyball, softball and football.

GO POKES by the way!
    Ummm other than that.. I love "weenie dogs". I have 2, and they are like my kids right now.

Hi everyone I am Stacy and from Midwest City. I have lived here all my life. I am married with two kids and love it here.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I work in Oklahoma City (Nichols Hills) and I am married with 3 adult children.

Hey all! I am a retired, fat, old lady transplant from Michigan. I use the name wheeler because I live in a wheelchair, well, on a wheelchair (after I chase the darn cat off!) I have fallen in love with the state, OKC and MWC. I've seen so many natural wonders and spectacular sights in the short three years I've been here. Wow! What a place! What nice people! I see room for improvement of course, but overall, yup, this is a great place!

16. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome wheeler!

Default "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello all! My name is Tim. This is my first post. =) I work and reside in midtown. Have lived in OK almost all my life. Born in MWC. Have a 14 month old daughter. This is a really cool site. Hope to meet some good people. P.S. GOOOOO SOONERS!

Hey everyone! I just found this site and thought it would be interesting. I have lived in the OKC metro for 3 years now. I am hoping to learn more about OKC and maybe meet some new people. I moved here from Texas for a job. I am a directional driller in the oil and gas industry. I love my work. I hope to get involved around here on a number of topics.

MadMonk Guest

Wow, lots of new names around here lately! Hello/welcome everyone, the more the merrier.

Hey all, just found the site today and joined right up!

I grew up in NW OKC, but have been living in Houston, TX for the past 9 years.

Hope to see y'all around the boards!

21. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hello Everyone,

I found your website on the city-data forum. I am originally from Sand Springs, OK (just west of Tulsa) however I currently live in San Diego, CA now. Our family is in the process of trying to relocate back to our wonderful state of OK.

Wish us luck as hubby has his 3rd interview the weekend of the OU/Missouri game.

I am a die-hard OU fan and I went to school at OU in 85-87. I'm sure many of you are in agreement that last Saturday was a difficult pill to swallow.

I can't wait to get back there. I miss the tornadoes and rain and all the 4 seasons, not to mention the love of college football.

No one out here understands the loyalty we have to our teams.

Anyway, hopefully I get a chance to meet everyone and say hi!

Boomer Sooner!

Oh, sorry. I didn't see this forum before I posted elsewhere.
    I live in Lawton, though, I am originally from Hominy. I graduated from Cameron University and currently enrolled at University of New Orleans in the Low residency MFA program. And meanwhile, I am working on novel I hope to finish soon.
    I am also married with three children.

Hello, all

My name is Debbie. I have lived in Oklahoma City since 1979.

I joined this site to keep up with what's going on around town.

I will probably also post an occasional announcement regarding the Ambassadors' Concert Choir performance schedule. I have sung with the choir for several years and I serve on a committee to publicize choir events, so you'll probably be hearing from me about upcoming performances.

24. Talking Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey all! I'm MissSaraMarie... Originally from Orange County, NY I've lived in Oklahoma for 9 years now... I love watching the changes that are coming up everyday here. This is a great place and I'm glad to see it is finally starting to deliver some of that potential it has.

Professionally I work with Banking Software and I run a small PR and Marketing gig on the side.

I can't wait to get in on the chats here!

Welcome soonersweetie, snowlion, dbf and MissSaramarie.

Enjoy the site!

Thread Information