Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

1. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Good evening. This is my first post.

I live in The Village. I'm 30, married, with no kids. As my screen name indicates, my favorite hobby is playing drums. I have a set in my garage where I play mostly 60's and 70's rock along with my CD player. After 3 years, I'm yet to hear any complaints from the neighbors (knock on wood).

I found OKCTalk while searching for info on the Fuddrucker's they were building on the south side. I was very disappointed to hear that it fell through. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to try Irma's Burger Shack (suggested by someone on this forum).

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I have a set in my garage where I play mostly 60's and 70's rock along with my CD player. After 3 years, I'm yet to hear any complaints from the neighbors (knock on wood).
    If you are knocking on wood that would suggest a tribal style drum as opposed to the faux-animal skin drumheads everyone else used for 60's/70's rock.
    Hope you enjoy the forums. Take a good look around! Don't be a one post and out like so many are.

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Good evening. This is my first post.

I live in The Village. I'm 30, married, with no kids. As my screen name indicates, my favorite hobby is playing drums. I have a set in my garage where I play mostly 60's and 70's rock along with my CD player. After 3 years, I'm yet to hear any complaints from the neighbors (knock on wood).

I found OKCTalk while searching for info on the Fuddrucker's they were building on the south side. I was very disappointed to hear that it fell through. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to try Irma's Burger Shack (suggested by someone on this forum).
    Welcome to OKCTalk. There are always great discussions going on, so jump right in.

4. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Okay here's my first post....

My name is Linze---Lindsey for short. Im a thirty-something single gal with no kids. I live in the oklahoma city/moore area. I came across this site by pure luck while looking for information on the new walmart project on SW 104 and May Avenue. I just love this place and all that it has offer. I also love the layout and how easy it is to use. Again name is Linze and thanks for letting me be apart of this great group.

Cheers!
    Linze

Of course I jumped the gun and have another post titled True Newbie that explains some of my dilemma.

My name is CJ. I'm NOT married and prolly won't walk that aisle. I'm from a small town in central Missouri, don't worry I didn't really bring any particular sports team love with me so I can start anew. I have a chihuahua that's eleven years old... I am 24---although just by looking at me you'd think I was still in high school. I went to Emporia State and received my BS in Psychology in 2005. Hoping to go back to school to get a Masters---eventually. I moved to Edmond, nice place.

I don't have any friends here but hope things will change. I am very much a people person and spending these past few weeks in my apartment has about driven me insane. Back home I was very lively in the local music scene and love a good horror flick. I like beer. I love NIN. I'm in driving withdrawal since I used to have to drive an hour or two to the city to see friends and have a good time.

I know my friends back home miss me since I have an odd humor and they keep telling me that they miss me.

I will prolly spend St. Patty's watching lousy tv, sittin on my futon. Never thought I'd have to admit that. I'm just not comfortable venturing out on my own EVEN though I used to wander around the worst parts of KC by myself. Knowing my friends and family are 7 hours away doesn't help.

Hey life will be better now that I'm out of my dead end job and don't live with family members anymore.... right? Of course! Time to dig out that list of things to do "someday" and see if I can do any of them.

Skateboard down a street without falling off of the board.
    Learn how to play tennis.
    Stay awake during a baseball game. (perhaps I blame the Royals?)
    Finish my batmobile.
    Paint a mural.
    Find a job in my field.
    Get a tan. (I had sun-poisoning once.... long story)

So they're not in order, my bad. Yes, in Missouri we still use very bad slang.

Ya'll seem real friendly. Hopefully I'm welcomed with open arms. Actually a lil smiley face duder would be quite nice.

Thanks for allowing me thusfar

Hello, My name is Cynthia and I am just moving back to OKC from Boise. It was a short term thing and I guess I technically didn't move since I kept my house here and came back for a week a month since June of last year. I was born and raised in NW OKC and couldn't wait to get back home. My husband and I are soon to be buying a CPA firm in town and are looking to move it within the year. I have a strong interest in the Midtown area and am so excited to see all of the activity in and around the DT area. I love all of the information I get from this site and hope to become a regular poster.

7. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi, my name is Crystal and i live in oklahoma city. I am new to this whole msg board thing. So i think its pretty cool. Im 28, single. I luv all music and luv to go to concerts. I also like movies.

Quote Originally Posted by foxydirtprincess View Post
    Hi, my name is Crystal and i live in oklahoma city. I am new to this whole msg board thing. So i think its pretty cool. Im 28, single. I luv all music and luv to go to concerts. I also like movies.
    Crystal how do you feel about NIN? If they come to the area you can bet I will be there! I'm always up for a fellow concert-goer. Mostly Rock but I also enjoy other venues.

Welcome Welcome!

Hi,

I found this board and thought it would be a good way to learn about things to do/places to go here in OKC. I was born/raised here, left for awhile, came back a few years ago. I'm still amazed at all the changes from the first time I lived here (Bricktown has really grown up! growth in Norman and Edmond, etc.).

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

-M.

10. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

It's really great to see all of the new members. I haven't been on here for more than two months and membership has really grown since then. I'm glad to be part of such an active community. Welcome everyone.

Hello- Im seeing if this works- been having trouble w/ system.

It works! Welcome!

IT WORKS....GREMLINS! anyway im 32 and getting my MFA here at OU/live in Norman. I enjoy Norman, but with what is happening in my city(OKC) im dying to go back and be even closer to my family . Roots are deep...deep in OKC. I decided to become apart of this forum-because it doesnt have any absurd degrading comments made be tulsans in other forums(they are all over the place)!- I have friends in the small green hills- but so many websites forums are out there promoting tulsa like crazy, while BASHING OKC in all directions!!! maybe because of the well know superiority complex and OKC being ahead of the curve via maps. They are becoming concerned with their image. Anyway i hope i didnt offend any tulsans that might be on this forum-but that is why i became a member. TO PROTECT AND SERVE- looking forward as a member. OH- Loudenback has killer sites/historical and new about OKC. thats another reason why i joined. whats up Doug! later everyone.

OKCDrummer77 - If you're ever looking for a bass player to jam with toss me a line

Linze - Did you ever find the info you were looking for? And thanks for the comments on the layout

Angelicfly - You have an 11yr old chihuahua!? Well that shows instantly that you're a great pet person , or you have some really special dog food.

CCOKC - Were you in Boise around the time of the OU/Boise Bowl Game? Are you an OU fan? If so, how'd that feel to be basked in blue? While having your heart in Norman?

foxydirtprincess - Have you seen the 300 yet? I think it's a major milestone in cinematography

Millie - Welcome back to OKC , we glady welcome other creatives idea's on what to do around here as well I personally like to the oklahoma river, especially now that springs here!

OKC PATROL - lol, we appreciate you looking out for us, not just here on the forums either Be safe!

Anyways,
    Welcome to the forums everyone!

No I was not in Boise on Jan 1 but my husband was. I grew up an OU fan but actullay got my degree from OSU. You can not believe how big a deal the win was in Boise. When I was back the last two times, including last week, they are still talking about it. In their hearts they are the true National Champions. There is not much to do there and this is truly the biggest thing that ever happened to them.

GoldFinger Guest

Default GoldFinger Intro

Hello Everyone,

I've never posted but have been lurking for a couple of weeks.

Before anyone asks I chose Goldfinger because I am a James Bond aficionado...so to speak. My wife thinks I'm nuts be I guess we all have to have something to escape in.

I am happily married, one kid, two cats and two arse-holes better known as my in-laws. Maybe I'll touch on that at some point. You will be intrigued on this one It includes PI's and my (full-of-himself) father in-law.

I work two jobs one by day and the other by night throwing the GD Oklahoman newspaper. If you ever want to know the behind the scene crap our beloved Oklahoman pulls on the lowly newspaper carrier I can share that too.

I'm new to the whole forum thing but look forward to expressing my views.

That's my into...

GF

17. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

It's nice to have you here Goldmember!

GoldFinger Guest

Oh man...I already see typos how can I edit my posts I don't see an edit button?

19. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

There should be an edit button on the right side of all of your posts.

GoldFinger Guest

Weird...all I see is QUOTE, MULTI-QUOTE and QUICK REPLY.

I'll make a post in the help forum.

Hey to everyone! My name is Brent and I am a 21 year old student who attends OU. I've been here in the OKC metro for nearly 3 years - I'm from Kansas City originally. Go Chiefs!! (and Boomer Sooner, of course.)

I look forward talking to all of you...I'm impressed with the amount of information on this site from what I've seen so far!

22. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    Hello, My name is Cynthia and I am just moving back to OKC from Boise. It was a short term thing and I guess I technically didn't move since I kept my house here and came back for a week a month since June of last year. I was born and raised in NW OKC and couldn't wait to get back home. My husband and I are soon to be buying a CPA firm in town and are looking to move it within the year. I have a strong interest in the Midtown area and am so excited to see all of the activity in and around the DT area. I love all of the information I get from this site and hope to become a regular poster.
    Welcome aboard, CCOKC! I lived in Idaho for five years, up until a few months ago. I was in Boise for the big game and I nearly had to take on about 100 Bronco fans at a local sports bar. Those people are weird. They didn't know how to act, and you're right about the game being the biggest thing to happen in Idaho. What do you expect from a state where legislatures proposed a resolution to commend the creators of the movie "Napoleon Dynamite" for raising awareness of Idaho?

I lived in Mountain Home for four years, and lived in Boise for the last year. While I hated Mountain Home, I absolutely loved Boise. Boise was a very charming place, but I would never trade it for OKC. Now that I'm back in Oklahoma, I'm happier than ever. The only thing I miss about Idaho are the mountains. Boise had a pretty good economy, but the cost of living kept going up and up, while only a few major employers compensated. Luckily, I was military so I didn't have to worry about the COLA. Mountain Home was just a backwards town. My mother always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", so I won't say anymore about that.

It's nice to have you here, and I hope you get settled in. One thing I missed was while in Idaho was the rain. I especially missed thunderstorms. I actually find distant thunder very relaxing. No more yellow and brown year round! No more dust storms! Goodbye blue field!

Oh, I saw your post about the Boise IMAX and I have to agree with you. I saw a movie there once and I wasn't impressed at all.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Hi, my name is Martha or Meme as my granddaughter calls me. I am retired and moved to Moore because of her. I keep her while her mom and dad work. She is absolutely brilliant. I am impressed that Moore is such a progressive thinking town. I am a conservative activist and contact our legislatures regularly to encourage them to vote for conservative values.

Another newbie here!

Greetings, everyone... I currently live in Ville-Sur-Haine, Belgium, where I am stationed while serving in the USAF. I was born in Tulsa and have lived the majority of my life in Oklahoma, with a couple of stints of travel here and there. The biggest reason that I am posting here is that I seem destined to return... once my current tour runs out in 2008, I will almost certainly return to the United States and to most likely to Tinker AFB, as my job is to support and care for both the E-3 AWACS and the people that make it fly.

My wife of eighteen years is a Molecular Biologist that has worked and played in the OKC area as well, and she is looking forward to returning to a less restrictive job market than the one that is offered over here. We both have had good experiences in the past volunteering with Carpenter's Square theater in downtown OKC, and hope that venue is still enjoying a bit of success... is there anyone that posts here that associates with that theater?

Anyway, I look forward to catching up on the goings on in OKC and hearing a few views and maybe offering a counterpoint or two. And I know my wife will enjoy the opportunity to talk to a few folks in the sciences community that might post here. As for me, I'm at the 20 year mark in my service... so one never knows what might happen!

Oh yeah... and this is a great smiley! --->

Welcome Rifleman and Mrs. Rifleman! We're glad you are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman2C View Post
    Another newbie here!

Greetings, everyone... I currently live in Ville-Sur-Haine, Belgium, where I am stationed while serving in the USAF. I was born in Tulsa and have lived the majority of my life in Oklahoma, with a couple of stints of travel here and there. The biggest reason that I am posting here is that I seem destined to return... once my current tour runs out in 2008, I will almost certainly return to the United States and to most likely to Tinker AFB, as my job is to support and care for both the E-3 AWACS and the people that make it fly.

My wife of eighteen years is a Molecular Biologist that has worked and played in the OKC area as well, and she is looking forward to returning to a less restrictive job market than the one that is offered over here. We both have had good experiences in the past volunteering with Carpenter's Square theater in downtown OKC, and hope that venue is still enjoying a bit of success... is there anyone that posts here that associates with that theater?

Anyway, I look forward to catching up on the goings on in OKC and hearing a few views and maybe offering a counterpoint or two. And I know my wife will enjoy the opportunity to talk to a few folks in the sciences community that might post here. As for me, I'm at the 20 year mark in my service... so one never knows what might happen!

Oh yeah... and this is a great smiley! --->

Thread Information