Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

okcpd Guest

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hi everyone. 1Adam12 told me about this site. I'm also an officer out of Santa Fe. Looking forward to joining the discussion.

jamike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Please take a moment and introduce yourself.

I'll start.

My name is Patrick. I'm a medical student here in OKC. Have lived here all of my life. Am currently taking a break from school but plan to return in July 2005. I'm engaged and plan on getting married in May of 2005. I'm a graduate from the OKC Public school system and am currently 24 years of age. Bricktown definitely interests me, as does commuter rail, tourism, and basically any city issue.
    i am jamike i am ajamaican liveing in indiana usa

Hello! My name is Michele and I am located in Des Moines Iowa. But just for now, my husband is a GM for the Cheesecake Factory and we are relocating to the Oklahoma store. This would put us closer to family. Some in Texas and more in Missouri. I love reading and finding out about my new home. I could use any help as to where the best places to live would be. This a great site and been very interesting! Thanks

Patrick Guest

Hey madison. Glad to have you here. We'd love to hear updates as progress on the Cheesecake Factory at Penn Square progresses. Glad to have you here.

Send me an email and I can suggest some places to live. Anthing there west of the mall and north of the mall is nice, depending on the money you have. Wileman Belle Isle is excellent. I wouldn't go directly south of the mall though.

5. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by madison
    Hello! My name is Michele and I am located in Des Moines Iowa. But just for now, my husband is a GM for the Cheesecake Factory and we are relocating to the Oklahoma store. This would put us closer to family. Some in Texas and more in Missouri. I love reading and finding out about my new home. I could use any help as to where the best places to live would be. This a great site and been very interesting! Thanks
    You said "Oklahoma" store. Where in Oklahoma is this to be?

Penn Square? The truth is you guys seem to know more then we do. I knew it's scheduled date before it was posted on here, but other then that I have learned things from you guys. But I will try to tell all I know about the opening!

Hi my name is Kurt I just found this site it is really cool.OKC rocks.I am a very proud citizen of this city.Keep up the good work

Patrick Guest

Hey Kurt, we're thrilled to have you here.

quailcreekgal Guest

Hello all! Wasn't born in OKC; been in OKC for 26 years; sometimes work has taken me out of state but this is home.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by quailcreekgal
    Hello all! Wasn't born in OKC; been in OKC for 26 years; sometimes work has taken me out of state but this is home.
    And I'm guessing Quail Creek is your home now?

11. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

I'm TomGirl...a single mother and have a strong love of life, however, I'm a realist and I'm fine with that (hints my posts in some of these forums), I'm really a seriously positive person and a jokingly negitive person. I work hard and give it all to my family. My life is full of a bunch of little bad memories and tons of giant great memories, but for the most part, I live for today. I've lived in OKC since I was seven and will always feel at home here. I'm an annual (skinny in the summer, fat in the winter)well...that's about it!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TomGirl
    I'm TomGirl...a single mother and have a strong love of life, however, I'm a realist and I'm fine with that (hints my posts in some of these forums), I'm really a seriously positive person and a jokingly negitive person. I work hard and give it all to my family. My life is full of a bunch of little bad memories and tons of giant great memories, but for the most part, I live for today. I've lived in OKC since I was seven and will always feel at home here. I'm an annual (skinny in the summer, fat in the winter)well...that's about it!
    Hi TomGirl.......You have come to the right place. It's good to see you already posting on the site and sharing your opinions. That's what it is all about.

BTW, it's very tough being a single mother, so I admire you for being able to do it.

I'm an Oklahoma native and OKC resident. I've been married for many years and have one son who is about to graduate from OU.
    Howdy!

Lightbulb New to Boards, old to OKC

Hi all,
    I'm Lauri. I've been an OKC metro area resident for 35 years (minus time out in Air Force).
    I'm currently a federal employee in downtown OKC. My full-time duties are exclusively as Chapter President of our federal labor union. I've worked downtown for 22 years and love to see the changes that are going on.

I'm not going to post my opinions until I get a feel for the boards. I do have some strong opinions which will likely show with time.

I have two adult daughters, one son-in-law and one wonder-baby grandson. My youngest daughter is in the Army, just out of deployment in Afghanistan and heading to Ft. Sill this summer. I share my humble abode with SO C.R. and 4 spoiled-rotten cats.

Cheers!

mscool Guest

Hello, I am Mscool! I saw this website mentioned in the Oklahoman on Tuesday and thought I would drop it and then I joined the group! I was raised in OKC and lived south side. I now live south of Blanchard. I love to hear about OKC past and present.

Hello Gang. I'm a Hobart, OK transplant and have been a NW Village resident for 5 years. I'm a commercial real estate appraiser and email forum extreme-novice.

Patrick Guest

Hey everyone! Extremely happy to have you join the OKCTalk family!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mscool
    Hello, I am Mscool! I saw this website mentioned in the Oklahoman on Tuesday and thought I would drop it and then I joined the group! I was raised in OKC and lived south side. I now live south of Blanchard. I love to hear about OKC past and present.
    It's great to have all of you in the OKCTalk family now. I am especially excited that mscool found us via the Oklahoman article.

Mscool, I have many friends that live in Blanchard....a great place to live.

marteme Guest

Smile Re: Hello OK

I was born in OKC, spent early life in Capital Hill area. Interested in people that went to Lee Elementary Sch in late 50s. or grew up around that area. That makes me a respectably young senior. Moved away from OK to Albuq and all over the US but moved back to the great state and gave 20 yrs of my life to OKDPS. Im interested in politics, Children, Family, Education have strong views on State reform. Love OKC, and the Great Plains area where I reside.

Johnnie Guest

Hi,

My name is Johnnie and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. I used to live outside Shawnee. I am an Indian activist, deeply interested in all things in Oklahoma. A university professor up here in Indiana but family from one end of Oklahoma to another.

Johnnie

Patrick Guest

Welcome all! Glad to have ya!

Hi, my name is John. I'm currently living in Wichita Falls, TX. I joined this forum so I could learn as much about this town as I could before moving here.

As the name implies, I am a cab driver. Have been for 25 years in Minnesota, Las Vegas, Orlando and now Wichita Falls.

I do have a bit of a redneck side. My definition of a redneck is a hard working guy (or gal) who enjoys a simple, laid back style of life.

I hope to meet some of you when I do make the move to OKC.

23. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Welcome Redneck Cabbie! You will love living here if that is what you enjoy... it's a great place to live and work.

When are you making the big move?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    Welcome Redneck Cabbie! You will love living here if that is what you enjoy... it's a great place to live and work.

When are you making the big move?
    Thank you...

My fiance and I are waiting for proceeds from the sale of some property in northern Minnesota. As soon as that comes, we'll be on the way.

I am very much looking forward to it.

cforbesoklahoma Guest

Hey all, I am Chris I live in Edmond, but grew up in S. OKC. I work with the OKC-based websites MostImportantThing.org code2Life.com and MajorThing.com
    Last edited by cforbesoklahoma; 06-27-2006 at 07:17 PM. Reason: just wanted it shorter

Thread Information