Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OKC Energy FC 2017

Default Re: OKC Energy FC 2017

Because they pay to advertise on the shirt. I don't know how much, but they are pretty much walking billboards. Here are the Bundesliga kits:

Blog Entries

Lot of this reflects society today as human being are becoming walking billboards.

So, possibly relevant to our own Energy and possible expansion dreams....St. Louis voted no on their new 22,000 seat soccer specific stadium.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mls-sta...040810215.html

such an incredible shot! goalie had no chance!

I was at that game, which is ironic because I live just outside of Sacramento, but I was in Oklahoma City to visit family. One of the most acrobatic and thrilling goals I've ever seen.

Energy FC play at 9:30pm tonight (May 13) against Phoenix Rising. The team has only played one USL match in a month (got smashed 3-0 by RGV) due to some jacked up scheduling.

They will have a "home" match May 17 at OU's Soccer Stadium hosting a Round 2 match in the US Open Cup against Moreno Valley FC.

The winner of this match will go on the road to either Colorado Springs or Tucson for the next round.

Energy U23s picked up a win in the first round of the Open Cup beating Tulsa Athletic 1-1 (4-2) on PKs in Tulsa on Wednesday. They will be going back to Tulsa Wednesday to play the Tulsa Roughnecks.

If they win that match and Houston Dutch Lions beats San Antonio FC, the U23s will host Houston at Taft Stadium on May 31 at 7pm.

So, we go a long time with very little news to now being swamped with games. It is a very good thing.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: OKC Energy FC 2017

Great road win (in Tulsa) for Energy U23 as they advanced to the second round of the 2017 U.S. Open Cup .

OKC Energy U23 advanced to the second round of the 2017 U.S. Open Cup with a 4-2 penalty shootout victory in Wednesday's 1-1 match vs. Tulsa Athletic at the University of Tulsa Soccer Stadium on Wednesday.

Energy U23 made all four of its attempts during penalties. Goalkeeper Eric Dick saved Tulsa's first shot from Santiago Riveros's. Energy U23 won the match after Tulsa's fourth-round taker Declan Fitzpatrick had his shot sail above the bar...
    ...Energy U23 will return to the same pitch (University of Tulsa Soccer Stadium) next Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. as it will play USL's Tulsa Roughnecks in the second round.--Oklahoman, May 10, 2017

Tulsa fans were looking forward to a showdown between the NPSL Athletics vs. the USL Roughnecks.

U23s won against 3-0 against FC Cleburne today in their PDL Opener.

Senior Club found a way to lose again and are tied for last in the West.

Time for Jimmy to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhey View Post
    Time for Jimmy to go.
    sadly, i think you're correct. need a change.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Energy FC advances to the WC finals to face the Swope Park Rangers (Kansas City); defeating San Antonio FC 4 - 1 in a shoot out following 1 - 1 tie after regulation.

When is the next game? I only went to one game this year but it was a win against Swope Park. I know almost nothing about soccer but now I am interested to see how the Energy do.

Blog Entries

USL Western Conference Playoffs, this Saturday (11/4/17) 7:30 p.m.,: http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_articl...rer_id=2333971

Oklahoma City Energy FC link: http://www.energyfc.com/

My gosh what an ending to that game. Again, I know relatively little about soccer but that was an exciting albeit disappointing way to lose. It came down to the goalies in the penalty kicks and the Energy's season is over.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    That seems odd. Didn’t they have a successful season?

Blog Entries

Going to miss Coach Jimmy Nielsen, his contributions & expertise to the game.

OKC needs to really lend support for our Energy FC professional soccer franchise. These guys really ended the season on an exciting note.

The ownership aspires to some day bring MLS to OKC; that would be cool. If it doesn't happen, we're happy with USL Oklahoma City Energy FC.

last thing i heard the usl is the official second division pro league in the country and it has beefed up with more clubs from big cities recently so the level and quality of play should be improved as well. i have never attended an energy game; but maybe i should.

Thread Information