Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yale Theater

Default Re: Yale Theater

Here are the befores from October 2017.

That is so, so cool. Absolutely fantastic improvement. That neon is right up there with Tower and Will Rogers for me.

What sort of events are they looking at getting for this venue? Live music mostly? Or private events?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    What sort of events are they looking at getting for this venue? Live music mostly? Or private events?
    I believe it will be mainly private events.

Weddings, anniversaries, quinceañera, etc.

I believe Steve is looking for a venue operator. The intent is/was to have live music nearly every week and rent it out for weddings, the quinceañera, corporate meetings, and chamber type events. The place wasn't even open yet and they had a Leadership Oklahoma meeting in there. He has publicly described there is a lack of venues for our Hispanic community. The facility is capable of hosting just about any kind of event including cinema. I wonder if there might possibly also be a community theatre element opportunity as well.

the parking lot on the back side is complete. i passed by the other day and saw it is fully paved, painted, etc.

This place looks awesome. Are they going to have some kind of opening celebration? Any acts coming through?

Quote Originally Posted by SeedSower View Post
    This place looks awesome. Are they going to have some kind of opening celebration? Any acts coming through?
    I believe they are still working on all that.

It's super cool space and they shold be wrapping up soon.

My low-quality cell phone pic doesn't do it justice, but tonight was my first time driving by the marquee when it was lit up, and it is absolutely stunning. Would highly recommend checking it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yale.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	15336

the yale is looking nicer everyday. i have seen a newly paved access alley from robinson st right behind the ugly, yellow building in the corner. i have also noticed that the exterior walls are getting a white stucco finish.

by the way, just found out that mason realty bought out completely the bank of america building right next to the capitol hill library.

and anothr side note: i passed by capitol hill a few days ago and saw the newly re-modeled and re-opened "el bravo ranch" neighborhood market closed. i worry it may have gone out of business altogether.

Looks like they are doing a big Dia de los Muertos celebration here this Saturday. The headlining artist, Lincka, is one of the most talented and unique musicians in OKC. Figured I'd post about it here, as it seems like a great opportunity to check out this renovated space.

https://www.facebook.com/events/457574828189223/

the yale has been hosting events for a while now but it seems, imo, that it's still not performing at full capacity although idk how much of that is being conditioned by the pandemic. on a different note, i've noticed several properties in capitol hill have changed hands and are being intervened. i wonder if any new construction projects are coming to this area. there are some vacant lots with plenty of urban infill potential.

Thread Information