Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3Sixty Resaurant & Bar

Default Re: 3Sixty Resaurant & Bar

I'd like to visit the bar for a few drinks and a nice view.

Went to a 'training night' last night at 3Sixty in advance of their official March 13 opening.

Bottom line: I was very impressed.

They have not changed much of the decor since The George and IMO that is a good thing. I does look a bit fresher and is generally just a beautiful spot. One downside is that once the sun goes down, unless you are seatied right by a window the reflection of the interior lights really cuts down on the view.

They had almost their full menu available and my dining partner and I tried lots of different things.

We started with the shrimp and grits appetizer shown in the photo above. It was fantastic. The shrimp were cooked / grilled perfectly and had a hint of delicious sauce and the grits were nicely flavored with cheese and spices.

I had an Old Fashioned for a cocktail ($11) and it was very good as well and served with one large sphere of ice. They seem to have a pretty limited beer menu but I'm sure that will expand upon opening. I also tried their Founders Margarita and didn't care for it. Too sweet and just tasted a bit off.

I am not a steak person but decided to try the 12 oz. strip, which is $32. Ordered it medium rare and it came out cooked perfectly, with a nice sear on the outside but plenty pink in the middle. It was tender, flavorful and very juicy and I enjoyed it much more than I had expected. They offer a couple of sauces with their steaks but I passed on both.

Also tried the pork chop which was probably even better. Really flavorful and tender.

I had a Caesar salad ($6) which was okay but nothing special.

For my side I had the cheese risotto ($5) which was very, very good. They offer several side dishes all for $5 but the steaks come with their 'mash of the day' which they had earlier depleted and suggested the risotto instead.

And finally for desert they brought us cinnamon bread pudding with freshly made whipped cream which was excellent.

Considering the setting, excellent service and food quality the prices are very reasonable. And starting at 4PM every day, they have an even more reasonable menu for the bar area.

And I must say, the operators and staff really seem to know what they are doing. Everything was very professional and well executed (reminder that the owner/operator John Curtis came from an extensive background at Charlestons).

No disrespect to The George but 3Sixty seems to be a pretty big improvement across the board and it seems the great space and setting finally have a worthy restaurant operation.

^
    That's great! I'm really looking forward to trying this place once it opens!

I went again last night as I found they have been doing a very quiet soft opening this week, and I think it ends tomorrow night before their formal opening on Monday.

Had the meatloaf which comes with 'mash of the day' (garlic mash last night) and green beans.

Sounds dull but every bit of it was delicious. Of all things, the green beans were maybe the highlight but it was all good and for $16. A bargain for that quality of food, service and setting.

They also said they will be adding more items to their menu, particularly some vegetarian options as that is an area where they currently lack.

I have the feeling I am going to frequent this place a great deal and can't wait to try some of the items on their bar menu. Hope they expand their local beer menu as well as they had a Roughtail IPA on tap but that was the only local offering.

Reminder 3Sixty formally opens tonight.

Bar opens at 4PM and restaurant at 5.

I've been to 3Sixty twice, once on the soft opening night of March 1 and then again Friday night (3/10) during their continuing soft opening. Both times it was great. Excellent food and service. Great decor and atmosphere. And of course the view is top notch. I own a condo in Founders, so I know I'll be spending lots of evenings up there. And I heard that the 3Sixty will eventually provide room service to our condos. Pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Had the meatloaf which comes with 'mash of the day' (garlic mash last night) and green beans.

Sounds dull but every bit of it was delicious. Of all things, the green beans were maybe the highlight but it was all good and for $16. A bargain for that quality of food, service and setting.
    Alright Pete, I gotta call ya out politely on this. Wifey and I went last night, everything was good, I had the meatloaf and she had the filet. Potatoes were great, house salad was nothing special, but I swear to God my beans were straight up Del Monte out of a can, or at least appeared so. I'm wondering if we had the same beans

^

Haha... Sounds like we had completely different beans because I usually don't like green beans much and the ones I had were fantastic and definitely not out of a can.

^

Haha... Sounds like we had completely different beans because I usually don't like green beans much and the ones I had were fantastic and definitely not out of a can.
    Had to have been, I was expecting beans like they serve at Republic, but I got the little tiny cut pieces that tasted of heavy salt/sodium which screams can. Maybe they ran out or something. Wasn't enough to ruin the great experience by any means though.

We stopped here tonight for drinks before going to the symphony. It was fairly early (around 6) but they were already very busy. Just as we arrived a couple pulled up in a limo and said they were there to celebrate their anniversary. As others have said, we loved the service and the views were excellent. I think they are on track to success.

Not that many special occasion places in OKC and this fits the bill very nicely, while at the same time being accessible and not too formal.

That's a fine line to walk but they seem to be doing it quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    We stopped here tonight for drinks before going to the symphony. It was fairly early (around 6) but they were already very busy. Just as we arrived a couple pulled up in a limo and said they were there to celebrate their anniversary. As others have said, we loved the service and the views were excellent. I think they are on track to success.
    I like that! i need to stop and check it out!

Enjoyed a great meal here last night along with another couple. I'd give this place a 9.5 on a 10 point rating scale. The service as great. The food arrived in timely fashion. The food was hot which is a HUGE plus in my book. The atmosphere was nice, energetic and nice decor as well. I was very glad to see how busy it was. I made reservations for 5:30. When we left, around 7:30, there wasn't an empty chair in the entire place. I also loved being able to see the chef's hard at work through the open window area. This place should do very, very well if they can maintain such a high standard for quality and service.

^

I'm glad they are already so busy.

I think we finally have a winner for this spot.

I'm here to say they're still great! I had the charcuterie board tonight (Redneck Cheddar, cranberry Stilton, salami of which pedigree I forget, dried apricots, toast points) on my maiden voyage to this space, much less the restaurant, along with half the dessert list.

The establishment is a wonderful steward of this location. I suggested opening up the "balcony" outside the windows, which was met with a hollow laugh.

Went last night for the first time in a while and had a great experience.

They've made a really important change IMO. The bar seating has been expanded all the way to the windows along the south side, which means you can now sit at a table great views of downtown and beyond.

Previously, other than for dinner, you could only sit at the bar or hi-top tables, neither of which provided much of a vantage point.

They have a more limited menu in the bar area but still lots of good choices. Had some very good appetizers (calamari, charcuterie and flatbread) as well as the salmon. The latter was particularly delicious.

It's really a fantastic spot to stop in for a drink or order some food with unrivaled views of OKC. They have happy hour specials from 4 to 6.

Really a very under appreciated restaurant and spot and I hope more people will support it.

They've made a really important change IMO. The bar seating has been expanded all the way to the windows along the south side, which means you can now sit at a table great views of downtown and beyond.

Previously, other than for dinner, you could only sit at the bar or hi-top tables, neither of which provided much of a vantage point.

They have a more limited menu in the bar area but still lots of good choices. Had some very good appetizers (calamari, charcuterie and flatbread) as well as the salmon. The latter was particularly delicious.

It's really a fantastic spot to stop in for a drink or order some food with unrivaled views of OKC. They have happy hour specials from 4 to 6.

Really a very under appreciated restaurant and spot and I hope more people will support it.
    Have they changed anything on the menu? We ate there in April and were very underwhelmed with the food.

Absolutely agree! The place feels great and the food is mighty tasty. If you haven't given them a try I hope you do.

19. Default Re: 3Sixty Resaurant & Bar

Folks in building tell me they are doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Folks in building tell me they are doing very well.
    Glad to hear that!

Seems like they've struck the right balance as a nice place, but not stuffy or overly expensive.

21. Default Re: 3Sixty Resaurant & Bar

Finally was able to make it to try 3Sixty for dinner last night.... They weren't real busy but it was Halloween and a Tuesday. So probably not a big night for that type of dining.

Service was great... Food was kind of all over the place.

Charcuterie board was really good. One of the cheeses was from Krebs and I really enjoyed it.

I was in the mood for comfort food so I went with the stroganoff. Maybe after being told the chef was a Le Cordon Bleu graduate I set my hopes to high. It was good, maybe just a little underseasoned, but for the price I was expecting decadent.

Wife went with the cedar plank salmon that came with a risotto. She raved about how good the salmon was but asked me to taste the risotto. Not sure what Oklahoma chefs have against risotto but this is the second one I've had (other was at Vast) that was really bad. The rice was way too al dente and the only flavor I could taste was rosemary. A lot of rosemary!

We also had the cinnamon roll bread pudding for dessert... Once again it was good but nowhere near as decadent as I expected. bread pudding is also nearly always served with a vanilla sauce and this had whipped cream on it.

View of downtown OKC was awesome. Service was on point. Food was good, except that risotto, but unfortunately not spectacular enough to make me want to go back for a $100 meal.

I really like just going to the bar area.

They have a separate, more affordable menu but do have a charcuterie board and the cedar salmon and a very good burger, along with various other appetizers.

And you can just walk in and take a seat by the window.

23. Default Re: 3Sixty Resaurant & Bar

I really like just going to the bar area.

They have a separate, more affordable menu but do have a charcuterie board and the cedar salmon and a very good burger, along with various other appetizers.

And you can just walk in and take a seat by the window.
    I enjoyed the mojito I ordered and it was served in a large glass so it lasted me the entire meal.

Now I won't disagree with you one bit that if I wanted to go have a drink and a spectacular view. This would be a place I would frequent. $8 for the size of the mojito I was served was very reasonable.... problem is that's not the kind of customer that will keep them in business.... Not that I think they are struggling.

At that price point it's more of a special occasion type place for me and my special occasion list is populated with places that I enjoy more for that price point.

Sad to report they will be closing on New Years Eve.

Sad to report they will be closing on New Years Eve.
    that is really sad that place is/was really good ...

Thread Information