Widgets Magazine
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13585960616263
Results 1,551 to 1,570 of 1570

Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

How about the importance of including middle initials in press releases for $500 Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    How about the importance of including middle initials in press releases for $500 Bob.
    See how many publications fail to pick up they are 2 different people.

CREW OBTAINS NEW DOCS ON MAR-A-LAGO MEMBER’S VA INFLUENCE

The more than 300 pages of emails, obtained by Freedom of Information Act request, show the outsized influence of Ike Perlmutter, Marc Sherman and Bruce Moskowitz. None of the men have ever worked for the government, nor do they have any specific expertise on the policies they were allowed to shape at one of the largest agencies in the U.S. government. Their main qualification for the unprecedented arrangement was that they were the president’s paying customers as members of Mar-a-Lago, which he continues to own and profit from in office.

Despite misgivings, career VA employees were obligated to waste taxpayer time and resources to respond to the trio of Mar-a-Lago members—purely because of their connections to Trump. “They are coming from POTUS friend/doctor,” reads one response to a frustrated official, saying that the career official would need to “handle sensitively and with facts.” Many of the VA employees’ frustrations had to do with the trio’s intervention into a VA information technology project; the emails provide hard evidence of what was previously only reported as anonymous sources within the department in a Politico story.
    Definitely worth it to check out the emails in the link.

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    CREW OBTAINS NEW DOCS ON MAR-A-LAGO MEMBER’S VA INFLUENCE

Definitely worth it to check out the emails in the link.
    So, the VA has, for many years, been rife with waste, fraud, low-quality and inadequate care, fraudulently documented wait times for care, absurd facilities cost overruns, inadequate staffing, etc,. Etc.

I don't give much credit to people described as career VA employees who may be part of the above problems or simply closed-minded to change. Piling on Trump is pretty easy when the real problem is within the VA itself and outside people may be a necessity.

Lets see if there is anything to this. So far, it hasn't made the usual "get Trump" media circuit.

Trump fires Bolton or as Bolton puts it he quit against Trump's wishes. I really don't know which liar to believe but if you ask me Bolton is somebody I would not want to piss off. This should prove interesting. dump dump dump Another one bites the dust.
    Don't hassle me, I'm local.

Bolton's firing/resignation is probably a distraction from this news of massive corruption in the hurricane Maria recovery efforts in Puerto Rico:

FEMA Deputy Regional Administrator, Former President Of Cobra Acquisitions, LLC, And Another Former FEMA Employee Indicted For Conspiracy To Commit Bribery, Honest Services Wire Fraud, Disaster Fraud, Among Other Charges

Recall that Oklahoma based Mammoth Energy Services is a subsidiary of Cobra and was granted a $187 million no-bid contract to help restore power lines in Puerto Rico, despite only being in the disaster recovery business for a few months. Mammoth was hired after the contract o Whitefish was cancelled. Whitefish was based out of the same small town in Minnesota that was home to Ryan Zinke, Trump's first Secretary of the Interior that resigned in the midst of 10+ open investigations.

Puerto Rico's Other No-Bid Contractor Says It's No Whitefish

How much will Bolton make with a book deal? I imagine the book will be out next Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    How much will Bolton make with a book deal? I imagine the book will be out next Sept.
    Na, I figure press tour and selected excerpts next October, and the full book not coming out until right before/after the election.

So, this is going to sound cold-hearted and maybe a bit conspiratorial, but this is just something that has been gnawing at the back of my mind.

First off, I wish Justice Ginsburg a long and health life. However, her health has been failing a bit lately, and in reality, sitting judges do pass from time to time. Not even that long ago Scalia passed. Again, I don't wish it to happen, I just understand it could potentially happen, and I'm sure a BUNCH of dems do too.

I've thought that the Pelosi impeachment announcement prior to having all the evidence (allegedly) seemed quite rushed. Ginsburg has been out of the spotlight for a while now. Just thinking this feels way to much like a way to make sure another pick doesn't happen.

Shockingly, even Vox admits that Trump is responsible for picking some of the most competent judges, at least in terms of resume. Granted it is really difficult to determine actual competence, which is why Vox attempted to actually look at objective evidence. Kudos to them.

What Trump has done to the courts, explained @ Vox

And thank you to the administrators for getting everything working again. Must have been a huge pain in the ass.

So hypothetically...

Ginsberg steps down, Trump nominates Garland.

What are the odds the Dems tear Garland a new one?

12. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

So hypothetically...

lol that would be funny

So hypothetically...

you mean like how the Republicans are the ones who said they wanted Garland and would push him through without issue instead of Sonia Sotomayor, only to then later not want him on the court at all because he would be replacing a different Judge this time?

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    you mean like how the Republicans are the ones who said they wanted Garland and would push him through without issue instead of Sonia Sotomayor, only to then later not want him on the court at all because he would be replacing a different Judge this time?
    There is a reason he was nominated last.

Yea i have heard several pundits talk about how impeachment was all about the Supreme Court. The left is going to argue that a "forever impeached" Trump can not and should not have the ability to appoint supreme court judges.

If you think Kavanaugh's hearings were bad just wait until RBG steps down if Trump is still President.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Yea i have heard several pundits talk about how impeachment was all about the Supreme Court. The left is going to argue that a "forever impeached" Trump can not and should not have the ability to appoint supreme court judges.

If you think Kavanaugh's hearings were bad just wait until RBG steps down if Trump is still President.
    Lol, no matter when - it was/is always going to be bad when Trump nominates one. Impeachment farce has zero to do with it. They extreme left has taken over the Dem party and has TDS really bad.

What I’m saying is had fake impeachment not happened the left would fight just as hard for any POTUS nom.

You probably think calling the impeachment “fake” in all the political threads makes you sound smart or woke or clever or something. I can assure you it’s doing the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    You probably think calling the impeachment “fake” in all the political threads makes you sound smart or woke or clever or something. I can assure you it’s doing the opposite.
    Irony.

Irony.
    - Non Trump supporter. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    - Non Trump supporter. LOL.
    Non-point maker. Good thing you didn't break your streak.

Thread Information