Widgets Magazine
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1570
  1. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Not as scummy as Pruitt, but still a piece of ****...

https://slate.com/technology/2019/02...t-scandal.html

"First, in replacing the Clean Power Plan, which sought to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions of existing power plants, with the Affordable Clean Energy Rule, the EPA uses problematic legal claims in an attempt to justify a policy that makes Americans significantly worse off. "

"More shockingly, under the EPA’s own analysis, its proposed change would significantly increase greenhouse gas emissions, lead to up to 1,400 additional American deaths each year, and impose billions of dollars of net harms on the American people. "

"Second, Wheeler’s proposed rollback of the Obama administration’s limitations on methane emissions from oil and gas installations is not supported by any analysis at all. The previous EPA’s limitation was constructed after careful analysis showing that the methane controls on these installations had positive net benefits for society. Now, the agency claims that these estimates “may have been overestimated” without attempting any effort to quantify the supposed overestimation. Conclusory assertions of this type cannot substitute for the analysis required by the courts."

"And, third, the proposed rollback to the standards limiting the greenhouse emissions of vehicles is based on an analysis that is so flawed that it defies common sense. "

2. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

More scum:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/patri...b01b140d3559a6

It'd be really interesting to find out how many (or how few) of the idiot man-child's appointees/nominees *do not* have some kind of ethics scandals either surrounding them now or have in the past. I'm guessing they could probably be counted on 2 hands.

3. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

And this is completely disgusting and abhorrent (yes, as the article says, the dismantling started before that sorry-a** m-fer Kavanaugh was on the bench, but he's the one that's going to accelerate the sliding down the slope of "Religion for all, as long as it's Christianity").

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...is-county.html

4. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Another completely unqualified idiot nominated by another completely unqualified idiot.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/steph...b0a6329e166035

Quote from another article:

"For years, the economic commentariat has enjoyed a running joke: Stephen Moore.

Moore, you see, has made a career of advancing various right-wing political priorities by dressing up as an economist and saying things about money and numbers in print and on TV. Unfortunately, almost nothing he says is true.

Moore is so bad that an editor at the Kansas City Star once refused to run literally anything he ever wrote, because a piece Moore had previously published in the paper was so littered with basic factual errors. He’s a living embodiment of the worst elements of the economics profession ― a man who doesn’t care about the truth, abuses statistics, makes outlandish predictions, smears his opponents and never pays any professional price.

Moore is constantly, laughably wrong."

Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    And this is completely disgusting and abhorrent (yes, as the article says, the dismantling started before that sorry-a** m-fer Kavanaugh was on the bench, but he's the one that's going to accelerate the sliding down the slope of "Religion for all, as long as it's Christianity").

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...is-county.html
    I like beer! (Starting to sob like a pu$$y)

The Posters of hatred. It's gotten where TheTravellers just posts to himself because he makes no points or comments other than 3rd grade name calling. He obviously doesn't even read many of the links he posts because they are actually supportive of who he thinks they attack if he had read them. Sort of like the Kavanaugh post here. It seems to be critical but logically lays out why the decisions were made the way they were.

Nothing but the best. Appointee to Federal Reserve owes back taxes.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire..._headlines_hed

President Donald Trump's pick to serve on the Federal Reserve's Board of Governors had a lien of more than $75,000 filed against him in January 2018 for unpaid taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Nothing but the best. Appointee to Federal Reserve owes back taxes.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire..._headlines_hed

President Donald Trump's pick to serve on the Federal Reserve's Board of Governors had a lien of more than $75,000 filed against him in January 2018 for unpaid taxes.
    Do I need to bring up all the people have had tax issues in the past. I know this is ludicrous for me to say (bad for business) but taxes are way too damn complicated, and it seems to be a moving target every year.

Now, I like Stephen Moore as a writer/pundit, but I also think this is not a good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Do I need to bring up all the people have had tax issues in the past. I know this is ludicrous for me to say (bad for business) but taxes are way too damn complicated, and it seems to be a moving target every year.

Now, I like Stephen Moore as a writer/pundit, but I also think this is not a good pick.
    Sure many have had tax issues and that is why I personally have a CPA. The difference here is "all the people {that have} had tax issues in the past" don't get nominated and accept a nomination for the Federal Reserve. We are not talking about accepting an appointment to SAMS or WAL-MART. Remember, Agent Orange touted he would have the best and brightest. Those who can't do their taxes w/o being delinquent do not fit into that category. Don't you agree?

Sure many have had tax issues and that is why I personally have a CPA. The difference here is "all the people {that have} had tax issues in the past" don't get nominated and accept a nomination for the Federal Reserve. We are not talking about accepting an appointment to SAMS or WAL-MART. Remember, Agent Orange touted he would have the best and brightest. Those who can't do their taxes w/o being delinquent do not fit into that category. Don't you agree?
    It would be nice, but it is kind of unreasonable to suspect that ever person that ever gets nominated to any post at the fed would not have had a prior return audited and an old tax bill due. They are not tax accountants. And I bet he had his return prepared by a CPA and they still got it wrong.

It would be nice, but it is kind of unreasonable to suspect that ever person that ever gets nominated to any post at the fed would not have had a prior return audited and an old tax bill due. They are not tax accountants. And I bet he had his return prepared by a CPA and they still got it wrong.
    Not talking about any post at the Fed. I am reasonably talking about a post on the Board of the Federal Reserve. Keep in mind that this tax bill is from 2014.

12. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

When I worked at a bank, if we couldn't keep a positive balance in our account or had too many overdrafts, we would get disciplined, and if there enough of them, it could result in a termination. Reasoning was that if you can't take care of your own money, you can't take care of other people's money. But a hugely powerful position in banking just gets a pass on $75,000 (!) of taxes being owed? Yeah, this country's in great shape.....

Not talking about any post at the Fed. I am reasonably talking about a post on the Board of the Federal Reserve. Keep in mind that this tax bill is from 2014.
    It hasn't been outstanding that long (some time in 2018). It stems from a 2014 tax return, but the audit happened much, much later (some time in 2018 I believe). My guess is he is appealing. It's kind of private so I can't say for sure. But a smart person would.

When I worked at a bank, if we couldn't keep a positive balance in our account or had too many overdrafts, we would get disciplined, and if there enough of them, it could result in a termination. Reasoning was that if you can't take care of your own money, you can't take care of other people's money. But a hugely powerful position in banking just gets a pass on $75,000 (!) of taxes being owed? Yeah, this country's in great shape.....
    Managing taxes and managing your bank account are two entirely different things. You know this, but you like to play dumb if it helps you dunk on cons. I might also add that a tax lien is not some federal offense people. He owed taxes after an audit. He didn't refuse to pay, he never got the notice because he moved and didn't get the notice (believe this or not, but if you don't, just know that it does happen whether you believe it or not). The IRS filed a lien, which was likely the first time he was aware of the amount due (because court has to notify defendant).

I know nothing of this person but if what his wife says is true, it sounds pretty benign. The post office does not automatically forward government and financial mail.

16. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Wish I could say how I really feel about McConnell, but this post would be all **********...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0a6fcad23be3e

"Rushing didn’t even have a real confirmation hearing. The Senate Judiciary Committee chairman at the time, Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), scheduled her hearing last fall when the Senate was out of session and few senators were in town. Not a single Democrat could attend. Just two Republicans attended, and neither asked tough questions."

"“The GOP majority has eviscerated nearly all Senate rules and customs, such as consultation and blue slips, that protect the minority party’s prerogatives in the nomination and confirmation processes,” said Tobias."

I see HuffPo still relies on a hate group to label hate groups. They never disappoint.

I see HuffPo still relies on a hate group to label hate groups. They never disappoint.
    Who has identified the SPLC as a hate group? The Aryan Nation?

19. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

the SPLC is a liberal biased group .. that is not really in dispute

20. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Eric's entire takeaway from/comment on that article is to slam HuffPo for saying that the SPLC labels Alliance Defending Freedom as a hate group?!?!?!?!?! Gawd, no wonder he's on my ignore list........

Eric's entire takeaway from/comment on that article is to slam HuffPo for saying that the SPLC labels Alliance Defending Freedom as a hate group?!?!?!?!?! Gawd, no wonder he's on my ignore list........
    I laugh at other people (like yourself) calling other people names because they don't agree with them. HuffPo justifying the pettiness with SPLC is what is THE point of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the SPLC is a liberal biased group .. that is not really in dispute
    Who was disputing that?

Me. Because I have eyes and can read. It ain't rocket science.

Me. Because I have eyes and can read. It ain't rocket science.
    I thought so. You keep good company.
    https://www.apnews.com/d2cdba9a355a4c5790bb65563e11fb01

I thought so. You keep good company.
    https://www.apnews.com/d2cdba9a355a4c5790bb65563e11fb01
    This is my shocked face.

Thread Information