Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 123456752 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

So far, from what I've seen of Kelly, he seems reasonable (wonder how he got nominated). He did mention that to curb the drug violence, we should reduce (or eliminate, can't remember) the demand, and that's not a great solution - it'd be nice, but haven't we tried that for decades now?

Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Tillerson...pants on fire under oath. Lock him up.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/1...d-beautifully/

I dont see much of anything unreasonable outlined on the website accusations. What Mr. Occupy Democrats knows about the realities of running a gargantuan corporation with over 80,000 employees operating worldwide could probably go in a thimble. What bothers me is the info later in the article by Byron Tau. Tillerson is a brilliant person with incredible negotiating skills with people around the world and could likely be a fabulous SOS, so why lie? People at this level of business will have some warts. Anyone who knows International Business knows this.

Blog Entries

Tillerson has Oklahoma connections as a Boy Scout: http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/pio...0e0b8bcf2.html

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Tillerson...pants on fire under oath. Lock him up.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/1...d-beautifully/
    They make assumptions with no proof, and even admit so, and he's the liar. Right. This is just embarrassing for you.

I watched a bit of Session's hearing and he seemed to handle things fine. I'm not sure he's going to be an amazing AG, but he won't be a bad one by any means. I have some concerns about Tillerson, mostly because he doesn't seem to have a firm grasp of world diplomacy, but he's a capable CEO, so maybe the State Department bureaucracy would be better managed. Given the tone Rubio (rightly) took with him, it might be a close vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    I watched a bit of Session's hearing and he seemed to handle things fine. I'm not sure he's going to be an amazing AG, but he won't be a bad one by any means. I have some concerns about Tillerson, mostly because he doesn't seem to have a firm grasp of world diplomacy, but he's a capable CEO, so maybe the State Department bureaucracy would be better managed. Given the tone Rubio (rightly) took with him, it might be a close vote.
    He seemed like a breath of fresh air vs the bumbling Kerry. That being said, I don't know that Tillerson is the best for the job either, but better for sure. I think he could control the diarrhea of the mouth problem that Kerry seems to be suffering from at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    They make assumptions with no proof...
    That's what the FBI and a prosecutor are for. Lock him up.

They make assumptions with no proof...

The point of the mocking, when it's a dem Secretary of State, there's a different standard, investigate and lock them up. Republican...nothing to see here, just warts. Warts are to be expected.

The point of the mocking, when it's a dem Secretary of State, there's a different standard, investigate and lock them up. Republican...nothing to see here, just warts. Warts are to be expected.
    I'm sure I don't need to explain the logistics of lobbying, but what he said could technically be true, while not exactly fair at the same time. While Clinton on the other hand was caught lying to direct questions about the existence and whereabouts of classified information/emails. I'd say there is a decided difference in these two cases. And if you can't see it, I'm not the least bit surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm sure I don't need to explain the logistics of lobbying, but what he said could technically be true, while not exactly fair at the same time. While Clinton on the other hand was caught lying to direct questions about the existence and whereabouts of classified information/emails. I'd say there is a decided difference in these two cases. And if you can't see it, I'm not the least bit surprised.
    My point exactly. After she was completely investigated...no charges. But no need to investigate the incoming GOP SOS when all signs point to him lying under oath, 'cause warts are expected. Double standard.

Carson's hearings are about to start. That's going to go well.

What dem has been locked up?

14. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

This probably won't have any impact on Tillerson's confirmation, but nice to see, nonetheless.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03c8a02d57822

15. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    I watched a bit of Session's hearing and he seemed to handle things fine. I'm not sure he's going to be an amazing AG, but he won't be a bad one by any means....
    Why do you think he won't be a bad one?

How again is it Exxon Mobil's responsibility to notify the public of potential linkages between fossil fuel emissions and climate change?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Why do you think he won't be a bad one?
    Not speaking for Chandanth, but because besides innuendo, unsubstantiated claims, and rumors, his record as US Attorney and state AG for Alabama is impeccable?

18. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Not speaking for Chandanth, but because besides innuendo, unsubstantiated claims, and rumors, his record as US Attorney and state AG for Alabama is impeccable?
    I don't think "impeccable" is the word you should use...

http://theusconstitution.org/sites/d...nuary-2017.pdf

19. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    How again is it Exxon Mobil's responsibility to notify the public of potential linkages between fossil fuel emissions and climate change?
    Damn, can't you read? It's not about notifying, it's about misleading the public and lying to them and violating statutes.

"Brieger wrote that Healey was merely explaining the basis for her belief that Exxon might have violated consumer protection statutes. The attorney general has not only the right, but also the duty to investigate the company if she believes it misled consumers and investors, Brieger ruled."

"In a statement, a spokeswoman for Healey said the Massachusetts court had affirmed her authority to investigate potential fraud and she blasted Exxon for its aggressive pushback."

"The ruling is a major victory for Healey, who, along with the attorney general of New York, pursued probes into Exxon Mobil after reports published in 2015 suggested the company had encouraged climate-change confusion for years after its own scientists established the risks."

I don't think "impeccable" is the word you should use...

http://theusconstitution.org/sites/d...nuary-2017.pdf
    Yeah, I would. I could provide as many documents from conservative think tanks like the heritage foundation as this one from a liberal think tank. He served very well as AG.

21. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

Yeah, I would. I could provide as many documents from conservative think tanks like the heritage foundation as this one from a liberal think tank. He served very well as AG.
    Wow. you read fast, took me longer than 7 minutes to fully read through that PDF.

Wow. you read fast, took me longer than 7 minutes to fully read through that PDF.
    How long would you spend on a PDF from theblaze or the heritage foundation?

And 39-26 is 13, fyi. Not 7.

Damn, can't you read? It's not about notifying, it's about misleading the public and lying to them and violating statutes.

"Brieger wrote that Healey was merely explaining the basis for her belief that Exxon might have violated consumer protection statutes. The attorney general has not only the right, but also the duty to investigate the company if she believes it misled consumers and investors, Brieger ruled."

"In a statement, a spokeswoman for Healey said the Massachusetts court had affirmed her authority to investigate potential fraud and she blasted Exxon for its aggressive pushback."

"The ruling is a major victory for Healey, who, along with the attorney general of New York, pursued probes into Exxon Mobil after reports published in 2015 suggested the company had encouraged climate-change confusion for years after its own scientists established the risks."
    Don't even bother with him. Conservatives want nothing to do with environmental or human rights issues (except abortion).

24. Default Re: Trump's nominees and appointees

How long would you spend on a PDF from theblaze or the heritage foundation?

And 39-26 is 13, fyi. Not 7.
    My bad on the math, but I'm still guessing you didn't read it.

I'd read anything from any site, as well as the links in it, if I thought it contained useful information. That PDF may have been from a "liberal think tank", but it had references/links all over the place to all kinds of other documents that are not from liberal think tanks. I have an open mind and presented with logical information and facts, might well change my mind (one of the defining differences between conservatives and liberals - liberals can make their own decisions and generally not participate in groupthink as much as conservatives). In this case, Sessions has done enough questionable things, as well as has enough questionable beliefs to not be a good AG, IMO. His answers in this exchange should immediately disqualify him as AG (if you can't immediately say "Yes, that is absolutely sexual assault" when asked if grabbing a woman by the genitals is sexual assault is just outlandish):

TWS: … would you characterize the behavior described in that [video] as sexual assault if that behavior actually took place?

Sessions: I don't characterize that as sexual assault. I think that's a stretch. I don't know what he meant—

TWS: So if you grab a woman by the genitals, that's not sexual assault?

Sessions: I don't know. It's not clear that he—how that would occur.

He had the right answer during the confirmation hearings, but that was most likely after they briefed him on what to say if that came up.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCole View Post
    Don't even bother with him. Conservatives want nothing to do with environmental or human rights issues (except abortion).
    Potential this, maybe that. It's all inuendo at this point.

As mentioned before, it is INCREDIBLY ironic what little one needs to hang their opponent. I hate to drag Clinton into this, but that is the comparison. Clinton haters clung to every single little things that maybe even potentially could have been damaging and believed it as fact. Same can be said for the Trump haters. I'm no Trump fan, and the Mrs. sure isn't even more so than me, but if you've all lost her, it's time to dial it back a notch. He WILL be the next president.

Thread Information