Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

It was added 4 days ago by an Anonymous user. Could be something but most likely is nothing.

OKC-PDX would be a nice add but is there enough demand? Seattle being a larger business market with more connections, especially international, seems to be good enough for now. Though Alaska has been flying Omaha-Portland for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    OKC-PDX would be a nice add but is there enough demand? Seattle being a larger business market with more connections, especially international, seems to be good enough for now. Though Alaska has been flying Omaha-Portland for over a year now.
    And announced a SAN expansion today that includes OMA.

Seems OKC isn't in line for anything from AS at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    And announced a SAN expansion today that includes OMA.

Seems OKC isn't in line for anything from AS at the moment.
    Wow they are killing it in Omaha! AA just announced OMA-MIA as well.

Airlines adjust Oklahoma flights for summer season

By: Brian Brus The Journal Record March 20, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma airports are adjusting their direct flight routes for the season, officials said.

At Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City, for example, Allegiant is adding weekly nonstop flights to Los Angeles International Airport in Florida. The Thursday and Sunday departures bring Allegiant’s total direct destinations out of Will Rogers to four, including Destin-Fort Walton Beach in Florida; McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, Nevada; and Orlando Sanford International Airport in Florida.

Stillwater Regional Airport will continue to offer two American Airlines flights to and from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, although the times will shift slightly beginning in June.

“It’s obvious they’re targeting the summer leisure traveler,” Will Rogers spokeswoman Karen Carney said. “The West Coast is a key destination for summer vacationing.

“Allegiant actually has been flying out of Tulsa to Los Angeles. We already had American Airlines and United flying nonstop to Los Angeles. … It just took Allegiant longer to enter Oklahoma City,” she said.

The industry is shaking up the flight network nationwide for summer. Spirit will add a new route from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina, for example, and JetBlue is returning to Anchorage, Alaska, from Sacramento, California. Historically, most seasonal changes don’t make it into the fall, but airport officials still hope for permanence, Carney said.

“They look at a lot of different markets to perform well during certain seasons,” she said. “Last year, they added Destin, Florida, as a new market, but it did so well that they extended the season for that flight through October. If it does well enough, it will be maintained year-round, which is what happened to Las Vegas.”

The change at Will Rogers is expected to revert back to the old schedule in mid-August, Carney said.

American seems to be moving the base of its Oklahoma circuit to Texas, shifting the first flight of the day from 6:57 a.m. out of Stillwater to a new departure time of 10:48 a.m. out of Dallas. A second flight will leave Dallas at 4:25 p.m.

The shift means flights will leave Stillwater later than they do now, with departure times shifted to 12:31 p.m. and 6:05 p.m., ending the day back in Dallas at 7:21 p.m.

Stillwater airport spokeswoman Sherry Fletcher said the airline used the term seasonal to describe the new route, but an ending date was not mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Airlines adjust Oklahoma flights for summer season

By: Brian Brus The Journal Record March 20, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma airports are adjusting their direct flight routes for the season, officials said.

At Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City, for example, Allegiant is adding weekly nonstop flights to Los Angeles International Airport in Florida..
    On top of bad maintenance....Allegiant apparently needs help with geography.

7. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Or either the writer or the editor need a lesson in proofreading.

Need to book those AA MD80 trips soon. They are really starting to dwindle.

97 scheduled OKC ops in March, 38 for April.

Need to book those AA MD80 trips soon. They are really starting to dwindle.

97 scheduled OKC ops in March, 38 for April.
    Also, AA 737-800 ops outnumber the MD80 52-38.

OKC-Reykjavik to begin this summer on WOW Air!!

Wow Air will offer flights starting at $99 from Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport to Iceland starting July 13, marking the Icelandic carrier's entry into the South-Central U.S. market.

For $149 travelers can fly to Iceland and continue on to one of Wow's other European markets, which include London, Paris and Berlin.

The leg of the return flight is more expensive.

The cheapest round-trip flights are $269 from Oklahoma City to Iceland and $339 from Oklahoma City to Paris, including a connection at the airline's Icelandic hub in Reykjavik, a spokeswoman said.

The least expensive flights allow passengers to take one personal item on the plane. One carry-on bag costs extra. On flights longer than four hours, for example, the fee for a carry-on bag starts at $40. There are additional fees for checking luggage or reserving an assigned seat.

Tickets go on sale later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    OKC-Reykjavik to begin this summer on WOW Air!!
    Not funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4OU View Post
    Not funny!
    Ha had to get a somewhat-believable but not really Aprils Fools joke on here.

But WOW Air actually is starting service to Chicago this July which will offer a cheap alternative to many European cities if you can do 2 stops. Or just go to Iceland it's a great vacation destination on its own.

AA returns to 4 daily to Chicago for the summer season, up from 3.

OK...nice try on the April Fools joke. You can delete it now

15. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Wow. I totally believed this and even asked someone in the industry about Wow air. I actually go to Spain every couple years and Wow goes to the airport I fly into. I thought I would be able to go to ALC in 3 stops instead of 4. Now I have to go back and tell people who asked about it that it was just an April fools.

While I don't see OKC being on any short-list of potential markets that Icelandair, Norweigan, or WOW Air would be looking at, I think the idea of it is not terribly far fetched.

Icelandair has seen some tremendous success in (relatively) smaller Int'l markets such as Portland, Denver, and Pittsburgh. British Airways is also seeing good success on Austin-London, and just started New Orleans-London. While each of these markets are much larger than OKC, they are much smaller than the historical requirement for nonstop trans-atlantic travel. Their long term success in these markets makes the numbers much easier to forecast for any potential transatlantic link OKC may ever obtain.

Icelandair would be a good candidate as a long term target, provided their success in secondary US markets continues to occur.

Also, AA 737-800 ops outnumber the MD80 52-38.
    Really crazy - I remember when AA's OKC-DFW flights were all 7-8x/day on the S80. We have an S80 flight coming up this weekend. Going to try to soak it in - they are really truly on their way out!

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    Wow. I totally believed this and even asked someone in the industry about Wow air. I actually go to Spain every couple years and Wow goes to the airport I fly into. I thought I would be able to go to ALC in 3 stops instead of 4. Now I have to go back and tell people who asked about it that it was just an April fools.
    You should be able to go to ALC in 2 stops, no? I.E. OKC-DFW-MAD-ALC? (Just as an example)

19. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    You should be able to go to ALC in 2 stops, no? I.E. OKC-DFW-MAD-ALC? (Just as an example)
    I count 4.

20. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

^Usually, a "stop" is considered to be the airport you transfer at between your origin and destination airport - so in this case, it would be two stops.

21. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Interesting news post-Alaska/Virgin merger. Will likely put an end to any wild speculation of Alaska significantly expanding in OKC (beyond an OKC-DAL to compete with WN perhaps).

Alaska Air targets Dallas Love Field for big expansion
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ion/100366626/

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Interesting news post-Alaska/Virgin merger. Will likely put an end to any wild speculation of Alaska significantly expanding in OKC (beyond an OKC-DAL to compete with WN perhaps).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ion/100366626/
    That will be interesting if it happens. Flying ALASKA Airlines from OKC to Dallas.

Good numbers for March, I will have some more numbers later.

http://www.flyokc.com/statistics/Mar...nplanement.pdf

March 2017 Detailed Info.

OKC had an average load factor of 77.20%. 201,054 seats were offered for sale by the signatory airlines at WRWA between Mar 1 and Mar 31, of those 45,841 seats were empty at departure time.

Below are some detailed statistics to the airlines and their presence in the OKC market for the month of March 2017.

I have several other pages of data that is less sexy. Might work on a page to publish it online with a link here. I plan to do this each month.

March 2017 Detailed Info.

OKC had an average load factor of 77.20%. 201,054 seats were offered for sale by the signatory airlines at WRWA between Mar 1 and Mar 31, of those 45,841 seats were empty at departure time.

Below are some detailed statistics to the airlines and their presence in the OKC market for the month of March 2017.

I have several other pages of data that is less sexy. Might work on a page to publish it online with a link here. I plan to do this each month.
    That's awesome. Thank you

Thread Information