Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314

Thread: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    And I see Georgia took a DL 747!!! I hope those guys know how awesome it is to have received a 747 charter. The aviation nerd in me is way jealous
    I thought it was this flight but is actually the Delta Clemson flight where there is a video floating around Facebook. I couldn't find the video. Delta retired their 747s with a farewell tour Dec 19-21. The pilot Paul Gallaher was the first pilot to deliver the 747-400 to NWA from Boeing. He will retire with the plane after he flies the Clemson team home and then delivers the plane to the desert. Great story on the farewell tour and history.

https://airwaysmag.com/special-fligh...photos-videos/

I was lucky that last October when I was coming back from Hong Kong....my plane had mechanical issues and then the pilots timed out in Hong Kong. Sucked that it turned my 18 hour trip into 48 hours but lucky that I was rerouted through Seoul on a Korean Air 747 and then through DTW on a DL 747. First flight was downstairs in first and second flight was upstairs in first. I had wanted to fly in a 747 since I was a kid and got the chance before they retired them.

2. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

My wife and I got to fly on BA 747s on the DFW-LHR route to/from last year. Club World downstairs to LHR; upstairs on the return. Only time we've been on a 747 and very glad we had the opportunity to do it, especially upstairs on the return. After the upstairs experience makes me very sad 747s aren't in more dominant use for trans-Atlantic use because I'd gravitate toward booking seats upstairs on them. So quiet with no background noise because there's only a few seats up there.

Looks like Southwest is running a OKC-LAX flight tomorrow morning in addition to Delta's 2 extra flights.

Not many times you will see AA/UA/WN/DL on a route out of OKC, even if it's just for a day.

Appears ViaAir has delayed the start of OKC-AUS until March. This is likely not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Appears ViaAir has delayed the start of OKC-AUS until March. This is likely not a good sign.
    Schedule sucks

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Schedule sucks
    Agree. Price is reasonable but the schedule does not help it one bit, from either end. (Austin point of sale, or OKC point of sale).

Agree. Price is reasonable but the schedule does not help it one bit, from either end. (Austin point of sale, or OKC point of sale).
    Monday’s & Thursday’s isn’t good for tourism, and it’s just ok for business. If they launch with daily flights, it’d have instant success.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Monday’s & Thursday’s isn’t good for tourism, and it’s just ok for business. If they launch with daily flights, it’d have instant success.
    It is 4x weekly, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

It is 4x weekly, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
    Ah I must have misremembered

Thread Information