Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

1. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I just meant that hitting 4 million may push us up to the medium hub designation instead of small. Not that that designation means anything.
    Actually, in terms of the Federal funding we can receive for AIP eligible projects, the designation means a lot. But we are certainly not trying to remain at small hub:

From the FAA Airport Improvement Program (AIP) Sponsor Guide -
    Primary airport - Large and medium hub:
     The Federal share is 75% of AIP eligible
    expenses;

Remaining airports - small hub, GA airports, etc.:
     The Federal share is 90% of AIP eligible costs

Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Ryan View Post
    Actually, in terms of the Federal funding we can receive for AIP eligible projects, the designation means a lot. But we are certainly not trying to remain at small hub:

expenses;

Will airlines view us differently if we get over 4M? Kinda like how target will go maybe open a store in a city once it goes over 50,000 in population but not before.

3. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Will airlines view us differently if we get over 4M? Kinda like how target will go maybe open a store in a city once it goes over 50,000 in population but not before.
    I am sure others will chime in on this, but overall passenger numbers aren't necessarily the lure. Though I am sure that seeing a larger customer base is attractive and could be a minor factor, what's more attractive is if they can dial it down to finding under-served demand to a specific destination. When airlines see that, they are more willing to commit resources so they can pick up those customers. That is when you see larger aircraft, additional capacity, added to the route. Or, it may convince them to get off the fence regarding a route that isn't being served.

expenses;

Aside from the new Austin flights, are there any other potential destinations being worked on (new, as opposed to expanded service to existing connections)? I know you may not be able to give any concrete details, but I am just being curious.

5. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Aside from the new Austin flights, are there any other potential destinations being worked on (new, as opposed to expanded service to existing connections)? I know you may not be able to give any concrete details, but I am just being curious.
    It’s no secret that LGA and DCA are at the top of our list. We’ve been after them for a long time. Tomorrow at Trust, we are asking that the agreement with our new air service consultant be approved. We can’t be absolutely certain of getting specific routes, but we are hopeful that their representation will help us achieve some of our air service goals that have seemingly been out of reach.

It’s no secret that LGA and DCA are at the top of our list. We’ve been after them for a long time. Tomorrow at Trust, we are asking that the agreement with our new air service consultant be approved. We can’t be absolutely certain of getting specific routes, but we are hopeful that their representation will help us achieve some of our air service goals that have seemingly been out of reach.
    Albuquerque would be awesome.

Why are there no direct flights from LAX to OKC from Frontier!? I thought there were at least going to be flights from San Diego to OKC directly. I wouldn’t mind taking the PacSurf to San Diego and catching a direct flight.

I personally would love a direct flight to LGA. There are a lot of NY transplants here. Between the FAA and Tinker, DCA would probably get a lot more commercial/business traffic. Also depends on how competitive the rates are.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why are there no direct flights from LAX to OKC from Frontier!? I thought there were at least going to be flights from San Diego to OKC directly. I wouldn’t mind taking the PacSurf to San Diego and catching a direct flight.
    LAX-OKC is very well covered by AA and UA at competitive fares, no room for frontier in that market.

Frontier SAN-OKC begins next spring.

10. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Albuquerque would be awesome.
    Karen was telling me this week that she thinks Albuquerque would do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Already serviced by southwest. True Denver is already serviced but they added that Denver flight to get to their hub.

12. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

New Orleans please

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    New Orleans please
    Yes please!

OKC can't get away from Texas

OKC and TUL are within the perimeter, the issue could be landing slots. Maybe once the LGA terminal expansion is completed there will be a better chance of a daily nonstop. I think jetBlue would have to enter the market for there to be a JFK nonstop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I personally would love a direct flight to LGA. There are a lot of NY transplants here. Between the FAA and Tinker, DCA would probably get a lot more commercial/business traffic. Also depends on how competitive the rates are.
    Newark is far easier to access midtown Manhattan that LaGuadia. I consider LaGuardia to be one of the worst airports in the country and certainly the worst of the three in NY metro. LaGuardia is okay if you are heading to LI, but outside of that, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Newark is far easier to access midtown Manhattan that LaGuadia. I consider LaGuardia to be one of the worst airports in the country and certainly the worst of the three in NY metro. LaGuardia is okay if you are heading to LI, but outside of that, no thanks.
    I normally would agree with you, but LGA is undergoing a fairly extensive renovation. I was there a month ago and was amazed at how well traffic was regulated. What was normally a mad dash to shove your luggage in the trunk and jump into a moving vehicle has now been reduced to a very orderly load/unload process.

Newark is a curse word to most NYers I know, but I would totally take a direct flight to either of the 3.

Who is handling the ground for ViaAir? I know the airline is young but ViaAir could really be a good fit for markets that want "Southwest Airline" routes but don't have the capacity to fill a 737. An EMB 145 is the perfect plane for the route and could really do well as long as its managed well. I checked ViaAirs site but didnt see the ability to connect. Only direct.

Liberal,KS will have non-stop service on United Airlines starting Jan 1. A nice upgrade from the Great Lakes or PenAir service. Equipment type: CRJ200. Not bad service for NW Oklahoma or The Panhandle.

20. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

wow, Liberal-OKC? very nice.

I really hope for more of these regional hops to OKC, even if once a day (or even once a week) to get started then grow the traffic so OKC could serve as an alternative, much more pleasant mini-hub vs. those cities having to go through DFW or DEN.

I truly wish it well and hope they add cities: Imagine SWO-OKC, LAW-OKC, TOP-OKC, AMA-OKC, not to mention the return of TUL-OKC, LIT-OKC, MCI-OKC, OMA-OKC, and MEM-OKC. Those city pairs right there might justify solid service on the hub pairs OKC already has, perhaps even bumps to mainline for some hub hops (like OKC-SEA, OKC-SFO, OKC-LAX, OKC-IAD) and perhaps weekly OKC-MEX service once the new concourse and customs is finished. ...

As Russ would say, OKC - Why Not?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Im sorry. I meant Liberal to Denver on a CRJ. It's an EAS route. I did a horrible job with my post

22. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

oh shoot. I got my hopes up so high too.

Oh well, hope my point makes an impression - I think we 'could' see some regional action with success, doesn't need to be every day to every where (to start).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

American will begin nonstop year round OKC-PHX on april 3 2018. Service will be on a CRJ-900.

Schedule:

PHX-OKC 0835-1230
    OKC-PHX 1300-1300 (2 hour flight with 2 hour time change)

Flights are loaded and are for sale, however don't be alarmed at the prices. AA's revenue management system typically lags the schedule changes by a few days to a week. It sees the nonstop flight and doesn't know how to process it so it is very expensive right now.

oh NOW they bring non-stop service to PHX...after we move away. We used to live out there and still have friends back there but traveling back to see them from OKC was a pain

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    oh NOW they bring non-stop service to PHX...after we move away. We used to live out there and still have friends back there but traveling back to see them from OKC was a pain
    Southwest has had a few nonstops to Phoenix for years, haven’t they?

Thread Information