Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: Robert Mueller

  1. #1

    Default Robert Mueller

    He is to speak to the Russia probe at 10 am today.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    And . . .

  3. #3

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Is it televised?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Is it televised?
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?461196...sia-probe&live

  5. #5

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Basically him rehashing points in the report and saying he will not be speaking further about anything. Sorry for all those hoping for more.

    David Frum paraphrased:

    "Can't any of you people read?"

  6. #6

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    He is not allowed to answer questions. I expect to learn very little.He needs to testify before the House.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Basically the point seemed to be for him to reiterate that he did NOT exonerate the President, as if that is what he was trying to do. He didn't earn any points in my book.

    Quote "It is important that the office's written work speak for itself." He says this as he is making a public statement for the press. Confusing.

    Further:
    Mueller: “If we had confidence that the president had committed a crime, we would have said so,” -- “Charging the president with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider.”

    He punted. Go back and read the Starr report. Starr laid out several items where he said Clinton was in fact guilty. That is what a decision looks like. Ultimately it is up to Congress to act. But how do you expect Congress to act when Mueller pulls crap like this. That is not support to impeach.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Basically him rehashing points in the report and saying he will not be speaking further about anything. Sorry for all those hoping for more.

    David Frum paraphrased:

    "Can't any of you people read?"
    Has everyone here read the report? Because Barr was not honest about the contents.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Has everyone here read the report? Because Barr was not honest about the contents.
    Elaborate please.

    Personally I think Mueller was not honest about what his job was. His job did not include exonerating the President. So him getting up there saying he didn't do that when he never should have is a bit deceitful don't you think?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    "If we had confidence that (Trump) did not commit a crime we would have said so". This does not equal "No obstruction, total exoneration", put out by Agent Orange twitter feed.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    "If we had confidence that (Trump) did not commit a crime we would have said so". This does not equal "No obstruction, total exoneration", put out by Agent Orange twitter feed.
    It also does not mean that he would be guilty if he were a private citizen as well, which is something I hear A LOT in reputable outlets.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It also does not mean that he would be guilty if he were a private citizen as well, which is something I hear A LOT in reputable outlets.
    Meh, no private citizen is indictment proof. Can't be found guilty by a court if you can't be charged.
    "Under long-standing department policy, a president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional... Charging the president with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider". (Robert Mueller)

  13. #13

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Meh, no private citizen is indictment proof. Can't be found guilty by a court if you can't be charged.
    "Under long-standing department policy, a president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional... Charging the president with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider". (Robert Mueller)
    And then his boss said there was not enough evidence for prosecuting for obstruction. What Mueller says is a mute point. And to boot he won't answer questions form anyone about it.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Elaborate please.

    Personally I think Mueller was not honest about what his job was. His job did not include exonerating the President. So him getting up there saying he didn't do that when he never should have is a bit deceitful don't you think?
    His job did include investigating possible obstruction.
    "The order appointing me Special Counsel authorized us to investigate actions that could obstruct the investigation. We conducted that investigation and we kept the office of the Acting Attorney General apprised of the progress of our work."

  15. #15

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    His job did include investigating possible obstruction.
    "The order appointing me Special Counsel authorized us to investigate actions that could obstruct the investigation. We conducted that investigation and we kept the office of the Acting Attorney General apprised of the progress of our work."
    I didn't contend that he shouldn't have investigated obstruction.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    And then his boss said there was not enough evidence for prosecuting for obstruction. What Mueller says is a mute point. And to boot he won't answer questions form anyone about it.
    You keep circling around this false narrative of not enough evidence for prosecution. What part of indictment proof and unconstitutional to charge a sitting president do you fail to grasp?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    You keep circling around this false narrative of not enough evidence for prosecution. What part of indictment proof and unconstitutional to charge a sitting president do you fail to grasp?
    It's not circling. It's clearly stating that a prosecution team is not attempting to exonerate people. That's not their job. Nor is it his exoneration to grant. We are innocent until proven guilty. We don't need our overlords to grant us innocence.

    It's not necessarily unconstitutional to charge a sitting president. Congress will if they move forward. It is justice department guidelines and no more than that. Don't conflate guidelines with constitutionality. It's an opinion on how to best deal with situations that involve the hierarchy within a single department.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Consider that Mueller portrays that he is so concerned with charging a President, allegedly because he won't have a chance to defend himself in a formal setting. Juxtapose that with the fact that he is somehow holding an exoneration over Trump at the same time. It's crappy of him to do so and wreaks of something Comey would do. He needs to stay in his lane and do his job.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    "If we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so."

    or

    "If we had confidence the president committed a crime, we would have said so."

    Parse away.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Again, in light of OLC, Starr concluded 11 times that Clinton was guilty.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Again, in light of OLC, Starr concluded 11 times that Clinton was guilty.
    Mueller not really doing Democrats any favors on winning political points for individual seats in Congress. Attacking opponents for not impeaching when there isnt any recommendation for impeaching isnt going to go over to well.

    Even in his "leave me alone" press conference he couldn't give a final opinion besides punting.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    I believe that the fact of the matter is that most people are willing to put up with Trump's corruption and dishonesty because they are getting things that no other President has been able to deliver. Probably the biggest thing right now is the likely reversal of Roe v Wade. Note that I don't support Roe being overturned, but the prospect is a big part of why Trump remains so popular.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I believe that the fact of the matter is that most people are willing to put up with Trump's corruption and dishonesty because they are getting things that no other President has been able to deliver. Probably the biggest thing right now is the likely reversal of Roe v Wade. Note that I don't support Roe being overturned, but the prospect is a big part of why Trump remains so popular.
    I suspect Roe vs Wade wont be overturned as much as the biggest conservatives want it to. Overturning another supreme court's decision hardly ever happens, and would actually not be very conservative from a supreme court justice point of view. There are articles about RGB and Thomas "marking their ground" but that's really about her thinking Roe vs Wade not being liberal enough. The supreme court "compromise" may be to not even hear those cases if lower courts strikes down the recently passed state laws.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    I've enjoyed a number of delicious Nothingburgers in my day, and I've never paid particular attention to the Chef who would come out of the Kitchen to explain his preparation thereof. The Chef's narrative doesn't change the ultimate character of the sandwich.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Robert Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I suspect Roe vs Wade wont be overturned as much as the biggest conservatives want it to. Overturning another supreme court's decision hardly ever happens, and would actually not be very conservative from a supreme court justice point of view. There are articles about RGB and Thomas "marking their ground" but that's really about her thinking Roe vs Wade not being liberal enough. The supreme court "compromise" may be to not even hear those cases if lower courts strikes down the recently passed state laws.
    My guess about how this plays out is that the SC won't hear any of them. BUT, and I know this may sound crazy, if they do out of the blue decide to hear it, I would prepare myself for a shocking decision. But I think the latter scenario is highly unlikely.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 815 Robert S Kerr
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 01:38 PM
  2. Robert Strauss Dead at 95
    By ljbab728 in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 11:53 PM
  3. 23rd and Mueller in Bethany
    By sheboner in forum General Real Estate Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 12:42 PM
  4. OK vs. Robert Butcher
    By BBatesokc in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 01:58 PM
  5. Are you into Robert E. Howard or H.P. Lovecraft?
    By LandryTeam in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO