Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake news

Default Re: Fake news

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    while she has been terrible at her job... it is also a very difficult job to perform when you are not given all of the information from those higher than you. Those that have made it personal in their feelings towards her (such as the death threats she often receives on twitter and reddit) probably couldn't do the job either.
    I think she's AMAZING at her job. If I were a person like Trump, she's exactly who I'd want handling the press. She doesn't crack even when Trump himself screws her over and flatly contradicts what she says at the podium. Maybe that's actually planned, I don't know. But, man, she can stonewall better than anyone else I have ever seen, while also working in the buzz words and dog whistles for Trump's base. I think her meditation word is "Lügenpresse".

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Speaking of Sanders, she's a total piece of s***, wish she'd leave sooner.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d4fc01fc9b1d
    I've said it before on here, I think she and her predecessors, no matter who is President, have one of the worst jobs there is.

As for Sanders, to be able to take the crap the press throws at her, the crap she has to take from virtually everyone in Congress, then have to try to answer for the President and the crap he throws at her, I doubt you could hold a hair to her on her worst day.

Then she goes home to spend time with her family and tries to have a normal life and explain to her children why the maggots on the left attack her publicly and name call her in the most vile ways possible because they are so small-minded. She may bring some of it on herself despite the abuse she takes but she is a far better human being than people who can't just hold a debate conversation so they lower themselves to 3rd grade name calling.

3. Default Re: Fake news

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I've said it before on here, I think she and her predecessors, no matter who is President, have one of the worst jobs there is.

As for Sanders, to be able to take the crap the press throws at her, the crap she has to take from virtually everyone in Congress, then have to try to answer for the President and the crap he throws at her, I doubt you could hold a hair to her on her worst day.

Then she goes home to spend time with her family and tries to have a normal life and explain to her children why the maggots on the left attack her publicly and name call her in the most vile ways possible because they are so small-minded. She may bring some of it on herself despite the abuse she takes but she is a far better human being than people who can't just hold a debate conversation so they lower themselves to 3rd grade name calling.
    There is nothing to debate - if she had absolutely any ethics, morals, decency, or anything else that any normal human being has, she would not be in that job. However, she is, she's saying (and possibly believing) absolutely vile, horrible, nasty, indecent, corrupt, unethical things, so she's a complete piece of sh**. NOBODY forced or blackmailed her into taking that job, and if she had any shred of decency, she would've quit a long time ago.

I'm done with you, putting you on ignore (first time I've ever done that, congratulations) for being a Trump administration apologist (and basically calling me a maggot), so f*** you, have a nice life.

There is nothing to debate - if she had absolutely any ethics, morals, decency, or anything else that any normal human being has, she would not be in that job. However, she is, she's saying (and possibly believing) absolutely vile, horrible, nasty, indecent, corrupt, unethical things, so she's a complete piece of sh**. NOBODY forced or blackmailed her into taking that job, and if she had any shred of decency, she would've quit a long time ago.

I'm done with you, putting you on ignore (first time I've ever done that, congratulations) for being a Trump administration apologist (and basically calling me a maggot), so f*** you, have a nice life.
    So if someone disagrees with you, they get ignored? Dont like hearing the other side of the coin? Just curious.

Now that's funny.
    Don't hassle me, I'm local.

6. Default Re: Fake news

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    So if someone disagrees with you, they get ignored? Dont like hearing the other side of the coin? Just curious.
    Don't have to justify putting someone on ignore to anybody in any way whatsoever. But just to clarify - look at my posting history, plenty of disagreements and opposing viewpoints with other posters in there. mugofbeer got seriously tiresome over the past few months, and I have no idea how anybody can stick up/feel sorry for Sanders in any serious way, so if someone does, I don't even want to see what they have to say, and then he tops it off by calling me a maggot. As I said, he's the first person I've put on ignore in my 8.5 years on this site, so what you're suggesting is not the case in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Now that's funny.
    unintentional irony is always hilarious

unintentional irony is always hilarious
    He has quite the history of that.

You really go out of your way to prove my points. It's obvious you just can't help yourself and separate criticizing someone and calling them a third grade name. Sanders does a job. I doubt seriously she leaves one of her daily sparring matches with CNN's Frank Acosta and says "I am so thankful for working in this administration and dealing with all those wonderful people out there shouting at me. My God, I don't care which President I would work for, I'd do this job for free if I could! Now let me go home and cook dinner for my family!" They do things like this to further careers, for love of country and a sense of service and many other reasons we may not know about. Can and should she be criticized? Sure, she's let certain people under her skin at times but considering the comments she has gotten from the left, it's amazing it hasn't happened more. No one is perfect.

She does nothing different for Trump than Jay Carney or Robert Gibbs did under Obama and all the others before. No doubt those under Obama had to lie for him about has often or work to cover up what O was up to at the time. All President's have crapped on this person and role and relied on him/her to take heat from the press. I wager that no Press Secretary has ever had to develop the kind of skin Sanders has for the personal attacks about her job and looks the way Sanders has. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior from those opposed to this President. It is, to me, one of the worst jobs out there for anyone.

As far as you, whatever. I've been on here for 10 years and made a few thousand posts but I feel somewhat confident I've NEVER apologized for anything Trump has done. I don't like the man, I don't support all that he stands for, what he promised to do or what he has done since taking office. Unfortunately, when the election came up, the other choice was just as bad, more dangerous (because HRC is far more intelligent, devious and will always find some way or somebody to take a fall for her and/or cover her tracks). And, as much as millions out there may die before they would admit it, he has done some good for the country.coverage, inhumane comments made about him and his family, and ridiculous and outrageous commentary on here on occasion. I don't live on here like some people do but at my level of usage, it's easy to find fault with certain posters and I will point it out.

Now that's funny.
    Yeah, we all have our bad days, but hey, I've even called Trump an immoral lowlife. I don't like him any more than most of you. However, he is what we have and it does this country no good to make personal comments about his wife, his daughter, his sons or his press secretary. Those are the people I was referring to. If a certain person on here feels he should be included in that group, then so be it.

TheTravellers said a while back he isn't a D or a R but cares only about what will make this country a better place. If he feels I called him a maggot in my comment, then he was either being disingenuous, lying in his earlier post or has taken a decidedly leftist stance. Its pretty clear I am not referring to all people on the left, just certain ones who have developed such a seething, blind, pathological hatred for not just the President, but towards anything or anyone remotely right of center. This hatred started with the way Trump pompously bragged about how he treated women. Nevermind, Bill Clinton but I guess we've since found out this type of behavior is, unfortunately, pretty common among the powerful. Where is the hatred of Clinton? He even held a special direct prime-time message to the American people and lied about his affair with that woman, Monica Lewinsky - yet the left loves Billy Boy.

Don't have to justify putting someone on ignore to anybody in any way whatsoever. But just to clarify - look at my posting history, plenty of disagreements and opposing viewpoints with other posters in there. mugofbeer got seriously tiresome over the past few months, and I have no idea how anybody can stick up/feel sorry for Sanders in any serious way, so if someone does, I don't even want to see what they have to say, and then he tops it off by calling me a maggot. As I said, he's the first person I've put on ignore in my 8.5 years on this site, so what you're suggesting is not the case in any way, shape or form.
    I defy you to find where I called you a maggot. It's either your imagination or your conscience playing games with you. In any case, you've had the same rant with Eric, BDP and a few others a while back so it's clear your problem is just people who disagree with you and will make that point directly to you.

They say maggots have healing properties and could be a valid asset in our ongoing struggle with antibiotic resistant bacteria. Sure, they're a bit creepy but they might just be your best friend if you ever find yourself with flesh eating amoeba taking up residence in your armpit. Its' something to think about.

I defy you to find where I called you a maggot. It's either your imagination or your conscience playing games with you. In any case, you've had the same rant with Eric, BDP and a few others a while back so it's clear your problem is just people who disagree with you and will make that point directly to you.
    I don't know that you've called a poster a "maggot", but read this post of yours and let know if something strikes you about it?
    And by the way, the comedian went a lot further than just a distasteful joke. Watch TV after 10:30 every night. That is distasteful. What that horrid maggot said was beneath contempt because it wasn't a joke, it was a personal insult. There is a big difference.
    Because "horrid maggot" is not a personal insult you aren't doing the very thing that you find so much worse than a distasteful joke?

14. Default Re: Fake news

mugofbeer - only posting this because I saw your post in Swake's quotes. You said this: "the maggots on the left attack her publicly and name call her in the most vile ways possible because they are so small-minded". I attacked her publicly and name called her in the most vile ways possible (well, not really the most vile ways possible, but still called her names), therefore I'm one of those maggots on the left, aren't I?

15. Default Re: Fake news

while she has been terrible at her job... it is also a very difficult job to perform when you are not given all of the information from those higher than you. Those that have made it personal in their feelings towards her (such as the death threats she often receives on twitter and reddit) probably couldn't do the job either.
    How exactly has she been terrible at her job. How has she performed it any worse than Robert Gibbs or Jay Carney? Do you think she does a terrible job because you disagree with this president? I think she does pretty well, especially given the hand she’s been dealt.

16. Default Re: Fake news

This might be the most fanatical left-biased post I’ve ever seen. People like you, spewing this crap are the reason Trump will win re-election. The blindly self righteous attitude on the left is becoming completely ridiculous.

mugofbeer - only posting this because I saw your post in Swake's quotes. You said this: "the maggots on the left attack her publicly and name call her in the most vile ways possible because they are so small-minded". I attacked her publicly and name called her in the most vile ways possible (well, not really the most vile ways possible, but still called her names), therefore I'm one of those maggots on the left, aren't I?
    I love it! You're like, "I'm going to phantom post, bite you on the heel and then hide behind the chair in the corner on ignore." LOL!

I love it! You're like, "I'm going to phantom post, bite you on the heel and then hide behind the chair in the corner on ignore." LOL!
    But you ignore my point. Are maggots hypocritical?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    This might be the most fanatical left-biased post I’ve ever seen. People like you, spewing this crap are the reason Trump will win re-election. The blindly self righteous attitude on the left is becoming completely ridiculous.
    Yep. Just like the fanatical biased nonsense spewing right-wing got Obama re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I don't know that you've called a poster a "maggot", but read this post of yours and let know if something strikes you about it?

Because "horrid maggot" is not a personal insult you aren't doing the very thing that you find so much worse than a distasteful joke?
    I'm not sure I am totally following what you are saying but I imagine you're making a point that I have gotten onto your friend about name-calling yet do it myself. It's interesting some people can't fight their own fights.

Read what I have said today, I fully admit I'm human and have done it. However, when I read about people who commit their lives to do good, to feed the hungry and to employ difficult to employ people, or read about people who spend their days taking alzheimers patients on nature hikes, or 100 other charitable actions ...... then hear so-called entertainers saying the things I've previously outlined, it's pretty easy to call one person a saint and another a maggot. If that's a distinction too hard for some people to understand then I'm sorry.

But you ignore my point. Are maggots hypocritical?
    Like most folks I thought I knew all that I needed to know about maggots but regrettably I do not know the answer to that question. I’m optimistic somebody might but fear if we don’t adequately address it we’ll never be able to move beyond it. And that makes me sad.

I'm not sure I am totally following what you are saying but I imagine you're making a point that I have gotten onto your friend about name-calling yet do it myself. It's interesting some people can't fight their own fights.

Read what I have said today, I fully admit I'm human and have done it. However, when I read about people who commit their lives to do good, to feed the hungry and to employ difficult to employ people, or read about people who spend their days taking alzheimers patients on nature hikes, or 100 other charitable actions ...... then hear so-called entertainers saying the things I've previously outlined, it's pretty easy to call one person a saint and another a maggot. If that's a distinction too hard for some people to understand then I'm sorry.
    Ivanka is a formal member of the administration and therefore party to her father's actions and behavior as president and completely fair game. Melania is not. Tiffany is not. Don Jr was part of the campaign and looks to have committed his own crimes within the campaign, so he is also fair game, and aside from a pardon may well be headed to prison. Ivanka also looks to have personally committed fraud as part of the Trump Foundation and in selling trump condos. She is no innocent party.

So when you personally insult someone for personally insulting Ivanka, you are a hypocrite.

Yep. Just like the fanatical biased nonsense spewing right-wing got Obama re-elected.
    All President's take criticism. No President has endured what Trump, his family and his staff have taken. He absolutely deserves much of it. He's no saint. I'm sure he loves his children and g-children but he's not a good person.

Just because someone is associated with him does not justify calling his wife and daughter the things they have been called with virtually no backlash from anyone left of center. There has never been, in recent times, the level of coordination between old regime, new hopeful regime, the media and entertainers to heap such a constant, coordinated, consistent, daily, nightly barrage of stories, TV shows, documentaries, commercials, 100s of disparate groups, events, rallies, protests, Congressional and Senate resistance - and being quite open about it.

I don't support many of Trump's methods, many of his actions or much of what he says but the reason he is in office isn't the Russians or the electoral college or deplorables - its the Democrats themselves for their equally as bad slate of just-as-immoral-as-Trump HRC, Socialist Bernie Sanders or OKCs own Elizabeth "I'm Native American" Warren. Obama won because he was a viable candidate.

Oh, and don't look now but a Gallup (not a Foxnews) pole is getting remarkably close to 50% approval for Trump up from below 40%.

Ivanka is a formal member of the administration and therefore party to her father's actions and behavior as president and completely fair game. Melania is not. Tiffany is not. Don Jr was part of the campaign and looks to have committed his own crimes within the campaign, so he is also fair game, and aside from a pardon may well be headed to prison. Ivanka also looks to have personally committed fraud as part of the Trump Foundation and in selling trump condos. She is no innocent party.

So when you personally insult someone for personally insulting Ivanka, you are a hypocrite.
    No it doesn't. You justify your opinions simply based on association. Laws have been passed to stop the practce of punishing children for the actions of their parents. That's done in places like North Korea or Iran. You can critcize her for her own actions just like Don Sr. If he committed crimes then so be it. If Ivanka did something herself, so be it. Calling her a **** just for being in the White House and working for her Dad in no way justifies her treatment. You're just trying to justify abuse solely because she is a supporter of her own Father. She's done nothing to harm any of you.

All President's take criticism. No President has endured what Trump, his family and his staff have taken. He absolutely deserves much of it. He's no saint. I'm sure he loves his children and g-children but he's not a good person.

Just because someone is associated with him does not justify calling his wife and daughter the things they have been called with virtually no backlash from anyone left of center. There has never been, in recent times, the level of coordination between old regime, new hopeful regime, the media and entertainers to heap such a constant, coordinated, consistent, daily, nightly barrage of stories, TV shows, documentaries, commercials, 100s of disparate groups, events, rallies, protests, Congressional and Senate resistance - and being quite open about it.

I don't support many of Trump's methods, many of his actions or much of what he says but the reason he is in office isn't the Russians or the electoral college or deplorables - its the Democrats themselves for their equally as bad slate of just-as-immoral-as-Trump HRC, Socialist Bernie Sanders or OKCs own Elizabeth "I'm Native American" Warren. Obama won because he was a viable candidate.

Oh, and don't look now but a Gallup (not a Foxnews) pole is getting remarkably close to 50% approval for Trump up from below 40%.
    The attacks on Trump are no worse than the ones on Obama but partisans always think their guy is getting the short end of the stick. Regardless, Trump will win re-election just as Clinton, Bush JR. and Obama did. That’s pretty much a given.

Thread Information