Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake news

Default Re: Fake news

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond_Outsider View Post
    Boo hoo. Nobody ever criticized Obama for anything... but the poor, harrassed, conservatives. The world makes it so hard to be white, christian, male, conservative, etc. Everybody has it harder than the whining class.

To reference the whining class' own rhetoric, why don't they just pull themselves up by their bootstraps and take responsibility for themselves?

All it took Obama to get criticized was being born. Remember that guy that kept the birth certificate thing going for so long because, " 'extremely credible source' has called my office . I wonder what happened to that guy... he'd make a great whiner in chief.
    Take a chill pill. Jokes are totally lost on the butt hurt types on this board.

Wasn't sure where to put these. I felt something had to be amiss.

Eric Holder sides with Trump on Blagojevich commutation @ Axios
    Durbin: Would support commutation of ‘outrageous’ Blagojevich sentence @ Chicago Sun Times

My tin foil hat is thinking this is some sort of new reverse psychology ploy to trick Trump.

Lying 'little hands" is caught again. "Fake news" indeed. Another episode of Gaslighting a free press in the USA, brought to you by the TRUMP CORP.
    Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    The Failing @nytimes quotes “a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist, as saying “even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.” WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.
    10:21 AM - May 26, 2018
    Several news outlets responding to Trump’s tweet named the official and some even posted audio of the briefing he provided. Trump did not correct his tweet, nor apologize. The tweet was still live Saturday night. (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0fdb2aa54344a)

Considering the daily slant, the deliberate misleadings, the personal attacks on his family, the delibetate omissions, other times information has been published that was false, the assertions without backup (a la Huffpost), etc., etc., it's not surprising he got this wrong.

Considering nothings been made of it since then except for you - even from the NY Times, he either just goofed or wasn't aware the briefing had taken place and jumped the gun.

Big deal. It's not like he called someone's daughter a c***.

5. Default Re: Fake news

The president lying approximately 10 times a day to the American people via his frickin Twitter handle is a lot worse than a comidienne making a distasteful joke.
    The truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Lying 'little hands" is caught again. "Fake news" indeed. Another episode of Gaslighting a free press in the USA, brought to you by the TRUMP CORP.
    Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    The Failing @nytimes quotes “a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist, as saying “even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.” WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.
    10:21 AM - May 26, 2018
    Several news outlets responding to Trump’s tweet named the official and some even posted audio of the briefing he provided. Trump did not correct his tweet, nor apologize. The tweet was still live Saturday night. (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0fdb2aa54344a)
    And now the rest of the story.

The New York Times paraphrased this fellow as saying that talks with NK at this time were impossible. A word the "fictional person" (Matthew Pottinger) actually never said, nor would anyone paraphrase his words so liberally (except the Times of course). Trump then takes to Twitter to clumsily call the Times out (correctly so), thus creating a brand new "scandal". Trump knows Pottinger wouldn't have said that, so he knows the Times must have quoted a make believe person or made it up, but the former is the phrasing he used to make a point. And Trump is the crazy one the one that we are questioning at this point, not the times for essentially putting words into the mouths of administration officials to do anything they possibly can to make the administration look bad/weak.

End of story.

FoxNews shows a picture of what they claim are kneeling Eagles players prompting the toddler in chief to twitter cancel the Superbowl champion Eagles invite to the White House. Funny thing is, it was Fake News. The players were praying before a game and no Eagles players ever took a knee last season during the anthem. None.

This presidency is brought to us by the half-wit talking heads on Fox. God help us all.

Approximately 10 times? You have it down to that exact a number? Wow! If people were hanging onto every letter and period I produced daily, it might drive me crazy, too.

And by the way, the comedian went a lot further than just a distasteful joke. Watch TV after 10:30 every night. That is distasteful. What that horrid maggot said was beneath contempt because it wasn't a joke, it was a personal insult. There is a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    FoxNews shows a picture of what they claim are kneeling Eagles players prompting the toddler in chief to twitter cancel the Superbowl champion Eagles invite to the White House. Funny thing is, it was Fake News. The players were praying before a game and no Eagles players ever took a knee last season during the anthem. None.

This presidency is brought to us by the half-wit talking heads on Fox. God help us all.
    Yep, they acknowledged and apologized. Since all the other major networks have made mistakes in their news reporting, I guess all the entire mainstream media are half-wit talking heads. God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Yep, they acknowledged and apologized. Since all the other major networks have made mistakes in their news reporting, I guess all the entire mainstream media are half-wit talking heads. God help us all.
    In pretty much every other circumstance this was called "good journalism" for admitting mistakes (or attempted swaying of opinions that you get caught on) and correcting them.

Look what Fox did was stupid. If someone hadn't have posted it here I would have never known, so thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    In pretty much every other circumstance this was called "good journalism" for admitting mistakes (or attempted swaying of opinions that you get caught on) and correcting them.

Look what Fox did was stupid. If someone hadn't have posted it here I would have never known, so thank you for that.
    Man, "good journalism" really wasn't your take when NBC did it. Sad.

No concern. Got it.

It's not like NBC has to put two and two together and came to the wrong conclusion. Someone told them something that was false. They didn't do a particular good job of verifying (I personally don't think they did at all or this wouldn't have happened), and then the breathlessly report as fact with absolutely no reservation. Curious how long they would have let it hang had they not been called out on it by people that were apparently able to verify it was false faster than NBC's brass could. No, no problem there at all.
    And for the record, I generally do not have an issue with REPORTING by FoxNews and I do agree this is what journalism is supposed to be. But Fox's talking heads, show schedulers, opinion pieces and headline writers very much work for Trump Pravda

Approximately 10 times? You have it down to that exact a number? Wow! If people were hanging onto every letter and period I produced daily, it might drive me crazy, too.

And by the way, the comedian went a lot further than just a distasteful joke. Watch TV after 10:30 every night. That is distasteful. What that horrid maggot said was beneath contempt because it wasn't a joke, it was a personal insult. There is a big difference.
    Boo hoo. A comedian made a joke/insult that wasnt actually racist. And what a shocker that a comedian used a bad word! Why is that a story? Thats what they do. And theres no similarities of that to Roseanne's crazy racist conspiratorial tweeting.

So tell us your opinion of Donald and all his very personal insults. And what exactly would you call it when you say someone is a "horrid maggot"? Is that a compliment?

Yeah, most of us are not cut out to be President of the United States, but that comes with the job. And, really, there are a lot of jobs where it's not a good look to lie a lot, especially publicly in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Yeah, most of us are not cut out to be President of the United States, but that comes with the job. And, really, there are a lot of jobs where it's not a good look to get caught in a lie a lot, especially publicly in writing.
    Fixed it for you.

Pashaw- I believe the precedent of refrence has already been classified as "locker room talk".

Man, "good journalism" really wasn't your take when NBC did it. Sad.
    Pointing out the hypocrisy. I never said what Fox did was ok.

And for the record, I generally do not have an issue with REPORTING by FoxNews and I do agree this is what journalism is supposed to be. But Fox's talking heads, show schedulers, opinion pieces and headline writers very much work for Trump Pravda
    To bad there is no outlet providing alternative viewpoints.

CNN Analyst April Ryan claimed that Trump was heckled and booed at a White House event today. Funny thing is, it was Fake News. The ridicule was, in fact, directed at a protestor in the crowd. There was only the single protestor. No booing and heckling the President. None.

Impartial and accurate news and information brought to us by the half-wit talking heads at CNN. God help us all.

Interesting read about the "conspiracy vortex" and how things can bubble up from something random imagined on the internet (twitter!) to mainstream media and then into public consciousness:

Trump, Fox News, and Twitter have created a dangerous conspiracy theory loop

“Misinformation is much more likely to stick when it conforms with people’s preexisting beliefs, especially those connected to social groups that they’re a part of,” says Kevin Arceneaux, a political scientist at Temple University. “In politics, that plays out (usually) through partisanship: Republicans are much more likely to believe false information that confirms their worldview, and Democrats are likely to do the opposite.”...

The worst part is that it’s not at all clear how to stop this. Research shows that once conspiracy theories are embedded in people’s minds, they’re nearly impossible to dislodge.
    Of course, this is just one example of something the seems to play out more and more across a variety of topics and theories.

CNN Analyst April Ryan claimed that Trump was heckled and booed at a White House event today. Funny thing is, it was Fake News. The ridicule was, in fact, directed at a protestor in the crowd. There was only the single protestor. No booing and heckling the President. None.

Impartial and accurate news and information brought to us by the half-wit talking heads at CNN. God help us all.
    You want to talk about April Ryan misunderstanding who was being heckled and the correcting herself?

How many hours per day have been spent on Fox talking about a FBI spy in the Trump campaign by most of the Fox talking heads? I still heard it this morning. And it's all just a farce with no basis in reality.

Even Trey Gowdy and Paul Ryan say it's fake. There was no spy, it's just another stupid distraction from Trump. This is the real Fake News.

Ha Ha whatta dope. Trying to push fake news on the Canadian Prime Minister.
    http://theweek.com/speedreads/777461...t-britain-1812
    Trump cited "national security" when he imposed a 25 percent tariff on imported steel and a 10 percent tax on aluminum Friday. In a call on May 25, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau asked Trump to explain the justification.

"Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" Trump replied, sources told CNN.

Ha Ha whatta dope. Trying to push fake news on the Canadian Prime Minister.
    http://theweek.com/speedreads/777461...t-britain-1812
    Trump cited "national security" when he imposed a 25 percent tariff on imported steel and a 10 percent tax on aluminum Friday. In a call on May 25, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau asked Trump to explain the justification.

"Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" Trump replied, sources told CNN.
    Always love the end of these "accurate but probably slightly misleading news" stories:

Of course, Canada was a British colony back then, and troops torched the White House in retaliation for an American attack in Ontario. So Trump could've been making an accurate joke — but CNN's source says it probably wasn't taken as one.
    Don't let that get in the way of a good hid piece though.

Always love the end of these "accurate but probably slightly misleading news" stories:

Of course, Canada was a British colony back then, and troops torched the White House in retaliation for an American attack in Ontario. So Trump could've been making an accurate joke — but CNN's source says it probably wasn't taken as one. Don't let that get in the way of a good hid piece though.
    So let's actually think about what is the more likely thing. Trump making a subtle joke or being ignorant of American history. If it was a joke then the national security rationale he is using vis a vis Canada is a joke as well. Never let the opportunity of spinning for this guy pass by.

So let's actually think about what is the more likely thing. Trump making a subtle joke or being ignorant of American history. If it was a joke then the national security rationale he is using vis a vis Canada is a joke as well. Never let the opportunity of spinning for this guy pass by.
    I'm sure he is doing it for other reasons. Which is why the joke is funny. Which is why I don't have to spin.

A president doing something under false pretense. Now there something that has never EVER happened before.

But watching the media forget history to make fun of someone for not knowing history is pretty fun. Keep carrying their water for them.

Watching a president confuse allies (EU, Mexico, and Canada) with adversaries (China-ZTE, Russia) is not funny at all.

Thread Information