Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425
Results 601 to 621 of 621

Thread: Fake news

  1. #601

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    These are federal prosecutors. I suspect they don’t sign something like this without reading it. Unlike Trump, the prince of lies (10,000 and counting in just over two years!) they have ethical standards.
    Then you are obviously very naive. You mean like the ethical standards that Attorney general Loretta Lynch exemplified while covering Bilary’s ass?

    ‘’Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page admitted under questioning from Texas Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe last summer that “the FBI was ordered by the Obama DOJ not to consider charging Hillary Clinton for gross negligence in the handling of classified information,” the congressman alleged in a social media post late Tuesday, citing a newly unearthed transcript of Page’s closed-door testimony.

    Page and since-fired FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok, who were romantically involved, exchanged numerous anti-Trump text messages in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election, and Republicans have long accused the bureau of political bias. But Page’s testimony was perhaps the most salient evidence yet that the Justice Department improperly interfered with the FBI’s supposedly independent conclusions on Clinton’s criminal culpability, Ratcliffe alleged.

    “So let me if I can, I know I’m testing your memory,” Ratcliffe began as he questioned Page under oath, according to a transcript excerpt he posted on Twitter. “But when you say advice you got from the Department, you’re making it sound like it was the Department that told you: You’re not going to charge gross negligence because we’re the prosecutors and we’re telling you we’re not going to —”

    Page interrupted: “That is correct,” as Ratcliffe finished his sentence, ” — bring a case based on that’’

    http://www.floppingaces.net/2019/03/...on-of-justice/

  2. #602

    Default Re: Fake news

    Stick with information from reliable sources please. Here, you might try reading a blog from actual constitutional lawyers who only care about the truth: https://www.lawfareblog.com/

  3. #603

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I hold it slightly higher esteem than the "professional" that diagnosing Trump's mental health having never met him.

    This, all of this, is incredibly unethical.
    The Goldwater Rule was written before we had DSM criteria that make diagnosing personality disorders a matter of establishing that certain behaviors meet criteria. Psychiatrists also have a legal duty to warn. Here’s a simple outline of what went into this and why the 60,000 mental health professionals felt their duty to warn had been triggered.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...ld-trump%3famp

  4. #604

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Stick with information from reliable sources please. Here, you might try reading a blog from actual constitutional lawyers who only care about the truth: https://www.lawfareblog.com/
    I have felt that lately Wittes has been nearly unbearable to read. Most of the rest of the contrubutors are good. I just can't get past Wittes, and assume it is because he has skin in the game in our current events (him and Comey are tight).

  5. #605

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    These are federal prosecutors. I suspect they don’t sign something like this without reading it. Unlike Trump, the prince of lies (10,000 and counting in just over two years!) they have ethical standards.
    Well, since we know for a fact that they couldn't have read the full report and the supporting evidence and information, and AT BEST they could have read the redacted support, without the supporting evidence, you'll excuse me if I don't take your word about their ethical standards. I would think issuing a legal opinion without all the information would violate those standards too...

  6. #606

    Default Re: Fake news

    White house culling the herd of who can hear Sarah Sanders' lies first hand.

    The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all journalists.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.d5b27fb7d4bd

    If it's important, Trump will tweet us all we need to know anyway. /sarcasm.

  7. #607

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    White house culling the herd of who can hear Sarah Sanders' lies first hand.

    The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all journalists.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.d5b27fb7d4bd

    If it's important, Trump will tweet us all we need to know anyway. /sarcasm.
    I see the WH press core like horse and buggies. At some point, they become unnecessary. I'm sure this pisses off some of them at the time, especially hacks like Milbank.

  8. #608

    Default Re: Fake news

    It should be up to the press to decide if they need to be there, not the White House.

  9. #609

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    White house culling the herd of who can hear Sarah Sanders' lies first hand.

    The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all journalists.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.d5b27fb7d4bd

    If it's important, Trump will tweet us all we need to know anyway. /sarcasm.
    He can learn to code? Or start his own White House? Or maybe it was an oversight like Twitter does often against the right? A shadowban? Broke community standards?

  10. #610

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Well, since we know for a fact that they couldn't have read the full report and the supporting evidence and information, and AT BEST they could have read the redacted support, without the supporting evidence, you'll excuse me if I don't take your word about their ethical standards. I would think issuing a legal opinion without all the information would violate those standards too...
    It’s hard to issue a legal opinion without all the information if Barr won’t release it, even to the Judiciary Committee, which has every right to review the unredacted report. What are they afraid of? The innocent don’t fear transparency. But here’s their statement. They only comment on the parts they can read. The signers belong to both parties, btw.

    https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1

  11. #611

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    It’s hard to issue a legal opinion without all the information if Barr won’t release it, even to the Judiciary Committee, which has every right to review the unredacted report. What are they afraid of? The innocent don’t fear transparency.
    Because it would be illegal or cause issues with ongoing investigations. You also don't release grand jury information to the public. This isn't hard.

    I assume, if innocent, you'd want every single personal detail of your life and your finances, your hobbies, your habit, and whatever, publicly released. Even if your only involvement was giving some sort of relevant testimony (or just being questioned for information?).

    there's like 4 sentences redacted, the top Democrats have been given access to the full underacted report. They just have chosen not to avail themselves of the opportunity (they want to be able to leak stuff, and can't with the controls put into place). I can see who the bad actors are here.

  12. #612

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Because it would be illegal or cause issues with ongoing investigations. You also don't release grand jury information to the public. This isn't hard.

    I assume, if innocent, you'd want every single personal detail of your life and your finances, your hobbies, your habit, and whatever, publicly released. Even if your only involvement was giving some sort of relevant testimony (or just being questioned for information?).

    there's like 4 sentences redacted, the top Democrats have been given access to the full underacted report. They just have chosen not to avail themselves of the opportunity (they want to be able to leak stuff, and can't with the controls put into place). I can see who the bad actors are here.
    One must break the law to comply with the law.

    I do so enjoy how so many are so concerned with all the norms that are being broken (be just one man, not the ones smashed by the loons in Congress).

  13. #613

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    there's like 4 sentences redacted, the top Democrats have been given access to the full underacted report. They just have chosen not to avail themselves of the opportunity (they want to be able to leak stuff, and can't with the controls put into place). I can see who the bad actors are here.
    And this right here I believe is the whole reason for all of the stuff that happened this week.

  14. #614

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    One must break the law to comply with the law.

    I do so enjoy how so many are so concerned with all the norms that are being broken (be just one man, not the ones smashed by the loons in Congress).
    So Eric are you for maintaining established norms or are you for breaking with them?

  15. #615

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    So Eric are you for maintaining established norms or are you for breaking with them?
    Keeping them. I'm against breaking the law in order to protect them though. There are reasonable remedies for everything.

  16. #616

    Default Re: Fake news

    For example.

    Trump & Barr have protected the Mueller investigation to it's conclusion. Barr has released more info than he is legally obliged to do. And has offered ways to release even more info. All in a timely manner. For this he has received a vote of contempt. Mind boggling.

    They are asking him to break a law that they created....and could change....but won't. They are threatening arresting him for this. Insanity squared.

    From never Trumper David French

    Against the Persecution of Bill Barr @ National Review

  17. #617

    Default Re: Fake news

    Fake news promoted by The Orange One and his attorney.


    Rudy Giuliani tweeted a doctored video of Nancy Pelosi that warped her speech minutes before Trump attacked Pelosi with another misleading video

    https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy...-pelosi-2019-5

  18. #618

    Default Re: Fake news

    Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Fake news promoted by The Orange One and his attorney.


    Rudy Giuliani tweeted a doctored video of Nancy Pelosi that warped her speech minutes before Trump attacked Pelosi with another misleading video

    https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy...-pelosi-2019-5
    Did they force her to say “3” while holding up “2” fingers? She has issues and I would question booze or drugs if anyone else.

  19. #619

    Default Re: Fake news

    Amazing with all the propaganda this administration puts out and rubber stamps that one of the claims of voters who put Trump in office was that Hillary was a liar.

    Alternate facts, doctored videos, fake president. (in case you forgot the last one we know about https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...st-jim-acosta/)

  20. #620

    Default Re: Fake news

    As of mid March, Agent Orange has spewed over 9000 lies.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/

    The concerted artacks on Pelosi in the mid terms resulted in a record number of women being elected. Keep up the good work righties.

  21. #621

    Default Re: Fake news

    I'm gonna call this "creating news". Must have been a slow day...

    Our Response to NBC News’ Inappropriate Questions @ Epoch Times

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fake Dentist
    By GoOKC1991 in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 03:49 AM
  2. Hurricane Irene - Fake?
    By Just the facts in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 06:53 AM
  3. Blake the Fake...?
    By BiggThunda in forum Sports
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 11:31 AM
  4. Most of you go to fake churches
    By Easy180 in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
  5. Fox 25 airing "fake news"
    By Moondog in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 02:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO