Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacienda Tacos

Far North Hacienda Tacos

Dave Cathey's update on a new concept opening at Northpark Mall.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5532130

The modern taqueria takes over the space previously occupied by a City Bites location. Boasting a full bar, Hacienda offers counter-service for the food and plentiful seating, including a communal table in the mall walkway. When the weather improves, outdoor seating will be added.

Default Re: Hacienda Tacos

The fam went and had lunch here today on our "snow" day. This place was fantastic! You could tell that there's a lot of Love in their food. We ordered just about every taco available to try between the five of us. We all thought they were superb. They also had some incredible Hatch Chile stew, reminded me of New Mexico. The owner was fabulous, he brought over some sauces for us to try. The wife and I were very happy with the Hatch Stew and when we complemented the owner we learned he was from New Mexico. No wonder the stew took us back to Santa Fe from that little booth.

I highly recommend a visit here.

I've eaten here no less than a dozen times and I absolutely love it.

The service is slowly getting up to par but the food makes up for it ten fold. I haven't had a bad meal yet and I cannot get past the sauces and some of the tacos.

I cant wait to see what this becomes.

Hard to pay $12 after tax for two tacos here that arent any bigger or better than a hole in the wall taqueria, or even Big Truck or Revolucion. A drink or some chips and queso (I did like their chips n queso) would put it well over $15. For that reason I probably wont be lunching here very often.

This place has the best tacos I've had in recent memory. Juicy and flavorful! They put shredded cheese in between the two tortilla layers of all their tacos except the Baja taco, which is genius and added so much flavor. It also helped to hold the tacos together like a glue. I've never seen that before. Wil def be back!

6. Default Re: Hacienda Tacos

Finally made it out to Hacienda today with the wife while running errands. Had bought a 'Sweet Deals' $50 for $25 a couple of weeks ago so we could give it a go on the cheap.

Really nice place and a cool buildout. Got there probably around 1pm and the place was pretty busy. 3-4 groups in line ahead of us at the counter. The bartender told us we could go ahead and sit at a table and he'd wait in us.

I had the 3 tacos for $10, wife had 2 fried avocado tacos and we had chips and salsa and a drink. Couldn't eat it all and brought two tacos and some chips home for dinner. Didn't even use up our entire $25 gift certificate ($23) and got 3 meals out of it. Not a bad deal at all.

My favorite were the avocado tacos my wife ordered (she gave me one). The pork and pineapple was really good though too and fresh tasting.

I like their style of chips - really thick. The salsa was so good we had to keep ordering refills (they should probably serve it in a bigger bowl).

The owner came over and talked to us for a long time. Seems really passionate about the place.

The best news (for me anyway) is that he said he just signed a lease to open a new location at the former Irma's in Midtown. Considering that's very near my office, I'm sure I'll be eating there frequently.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60962779_10219242794602359_905659142159466496_n.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	15306

^That's great news. I love Hacienda but it's too far of a drive when Big Truck is right down the street. I'll frequent the new location.

They have filed for a liquor permit at the old Irma's spot.

So I didnt know this place existed until this thread came back up. Took the family there on saturday, and wow, I have been missing out.

This place is amazing. Everything we had was awesome and I think the value for the food was really there. The Baja taco with cod was one of the best tacos I've had in Oklahoma, outside of the tried and true trucks on the southside (but I also dont goto the southside for a taco with any of the stuff you find here or BTT/Revolucion).

This should do amazing in midtown, I really do not see any way this could fail aside from their quality going downhill. I will be down there a ton!

Funny how the Oklahoman only publishes this after the news was posted on OKCTalk and then on our social media.

A source with knowledge of the deal confirmed Hacienda Tacos will make the Plaza Court home to its second location. Hacienda won the race to take over the former Irma’s Burger Shack space.
    This town has absolutely the worst journalistic ethics, due mainly to the Oklahoman. Yet now that they are in a downward spiral, they are trying to sell people on them being a champion of local media. They are just desperately trying to appear relevant and refuse to credit any rival, thus working actively against local jourlanism. All their reporters seem to be doing this now.

Blog Entries

Just FYI Steve tweeted an account of hearing about it first hand from someone at the other location the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Just FYI Steve tweeted an account of hearing about it first hand from someone at the other location the other day.
    Exactly one hour after OKCTalk posted the news on Twitter, even though he said he heard it "a couple of weeks ago".

They have started work at Plaza Court:

There will also be a large patio:

Good progress at Plaza Court:

Looks like they are just about ready to open:

Went last night and talked to the guy at the register. He said they should be open by the end of next week, just waiting for a few boxes to be checked by the city.

All boxes are checked.
    ABLE on Monday.

living in Midtown is just about to get a whole lot better!!!
    and I'll have a responsible restaurant partner in the picking-up-litter department!!

very excited to be a part of this project with Robby.

I tried, but failed to post a short video walk-thru...:-(

They had a soft opening this weekend and are now officially open.

Hours:
    Monday - Wednesday 11am - 10 pm
    Thursday - Sat. 11 am - 12 am
    Closed on Sunday

21. Default Re: Hacienda Tacos

We've eaten there twice now since they recently opened.

Both times, very solid. I am a fan of their original location and this one is serving the same quality food.

So far I've sampled the been and shrimp fajitas, the Baja taco and the taco salad. All were solid. The Baja taco was actually larger than I remember.

Buildout is nice, staff was being run ragged opening week, but still very friendly.

The only issue is the same issue with any establishment that opens in this location.... PARKING is a real pain at lunch. I don't know how the smaller retail businesses or offices make it here.

Regardless, this is definitely part of my lunch rotation.

Blog Entries

I know it doesn't work for all, but probably the expectation is that being on the streetcar route alleviates the need for additional parking.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    The only issue is the same issue with any establishment that opens in this location.... PARKING is a real pain at lunch. I don't know how the smaller retail businesses or offices make it here.
    "Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded." ~ Yogi Berra (& others)

Being in Midtown, adjacent to the streetcar, should mean parking takes a back seat.

There is also plenty of street parking on Classen Drive and Hudson, as well as the large gravel lot to the NW of Bleu Garten. I get that the lack of immediate parking might be an issue for people on a lunch break, but otherwise, not difficult IMO to find parking within a 5 minute walk.

25. Default Re: Hacienda Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I know it doesn't work for all, but probably the expectation is that being on the streetcar route alleviates the need for additional parking.
    It may for some. I don't know or work around anyone though that will use it for lunch. Simply takes far too long to get there and back. My lunch 'hour' is completely flexible and even I won't take it. I wish Shuffle was in downtown at lunchtime and offered like a smaller radius driving area for say $2 per passenger. I'd do that. I'd also do a scooter if I didn't think I'd fall on my ass (that, and my lunch pals would only make it about a block before a wreck was a certainty).

I also see the street car out my office window and it's certainly not full at lunch time during the week with downtown white collar types going to lunch.

We went back again yesterday (after getting the, "let's drive by and see if we can even park. If not, let's go somewhere else.") We lucked out and there was actually 3-5 spots at 12:45pm very near the doors. Everyone loved what they got. I'm guessing we may hit this place at least 3x times a month once the newness wears off.

There is also plenty of street parking on Classen Drive and Hudson, as well as the large gravel lot to the NW of Bleu Garten. I get that the lack of immediate parking might be an issue for people on a lunch break, but otherwise, not difficult IMO to find parking within a 5 minute walk.
    When it's nice out I don't mind parking and walking. I try and walk when I need to go over to the jail, city court or OCPD. I even tend to park further away in store parking lots, just to get some extra steps in. That said, the reality is, most people want to park on the property of the place they are patronizing or within about 1 minute or less from the door. Especially at lunch, when you've got lots of options. It's a perception that's hard to overcome. If I lived in Midtown (or anywhere downtown) I'd walk everywhere.

Thread Information