Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacienda Tacos

1. Default Re: Hacienda Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I know it doesn't work for all, but probably the expectation is that being on the streetcar route alleviates the need for additional parking.
    It may for some. I don't know or work around anyone though that will use it for lunch. Simply takes far too long to get there and back. My lunch 'hour' is completely flexible and even I won't take it. I wish Shuffle was in downtown at lunchtime and offered like a smaller radius driving area for say $2 per passenger. I'd do that. I'd also do a scooter if I didn't think I'd fall on my ass (that, and my lunch pals would only make it about a block before a wreck was a certainty).

I also see the street car out my office window and it's certainly not full at lunch time during the week with downtown white collar types going to lunch.

We went back again yesterday (after getting the, "let's drive by and see if we can even park. If not, let's go somewhere else.") We lucked out and there was actually 3-5 spots at 12:45pm very near the doors. Everyone loved what they got. I'm guessing we may hit this place at least 3x times a month once the newness wears off.

2. Default Re: Hacienda Tacos

I went there today and had the chicken enchilada and taco combo. Although I thought the taco meat was a bit on the greasy side I enjoyed my visit. I will definitely be going back to try some other items.

Default Re: Hacienda Tacos

Yesterday after work was my 3rd time going to the mid-town location. Everything was fine. Got the taco burger and shoestring fries yum. But at 5:00 pm when other places in the area were busy, there were only two people in the restaurant and one of them was me. How does this place stay open? Is it more of a late night crowd? I've never been there when it's busy.

I've not stepped foot in the Midtown location, however just about every time I've eaten at their Northpark location there's a good amount of customers. Often it is packed during peak dining hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Yesterday after work was my 3rd time going to the mid-town location. Everything was fine. Got the taco burger and shoestring fries yum. But at 5:00 pm when other places in the area were busy, there were only two people in the restaurant and one of them was me. How does this place stay open? Is it more of a late night crowd? I've never been there when it's busy.
    Lunch has been very busy when I've been around...

Hacienda has closed its Midtown location.

Right around the corner in the old Louie's spot, Mexican Radio is well under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hacienda has closed its Midtown location.

Right around the corner in the old Louie's spot, Mexican Radio is well under construction.
    The service and cleanliness sucked, but that’s a bummer because the food was good.

I hated the vibe from the staff and the few times I went there it was never busy. I don’t know how it stayed open this long.
    Great space tho.

I get better service at the DMV than I got the few times I went to this place...great location so hopefully someone competent moves in.

Thread Information