Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chick n Beer

Default Re: Chick n Beer

The gochujang wings are kind of gross. Way too sweet. Anyone here been to a BonChon chicken? I think one of those places would kill it here in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by derp View Post
    The gochujang wings are kind of gross. Way too sweet. Anyone here been to a BonChon chicken? I think one of those places would kill it here in OKC.
    BonChon had a site in Edmond that lasted only a few months.

I like the gochujang a lot at CnB. But lately I've been ordering the 5 Peppers or whatever they call it. Crazy hot but delicious. Have to eat them slow!

Wow. I never knew that Edmond had a Bonchon. I read the reviews. People liked the food, but there were major issues with service. I guess the corporations franchised it to the wrong people. I've had it in Korea and in Flushing, NY, and it has always been good. I'll try the 5 Peppers before I give up on Chick N Beer.

I looked and it's called Peppers Galore:

"A perfect mix between our BBQ HONEY RED CURRY, HOT GOCHUJANG, w/ the addition of habanero peppers, & garlic tabasco"

I have a high tolerance and I have to eat them slooooow. But so good.

Quote Originally Posted by derp View Post
    Wow. I never knew that Edmond had a Bonchon. I read the reviews. People liked the food, but there were major issues with service. I guess the corporations franchised it to the wrong people. I've had it in Korea and in Flushing, NY, and it has always been good. I'll try the 5 Peppers before I give up on Chick N Beer.
    In addition to bad service, maybe poor location for the time? I think the next two places that took over also failed?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2019-12-27 083430.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	15746

I didn't get the chance to go to the Mission Chinese pop-up at Lee's, but I heard great things.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2019-12-27 083430.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	15746

I didn't get the chance to go to the Mission Chinese pop-up at Lee's, but I heard great things.

These wings are so so so so good but are absolutely no joke. Been to mission Chinese twice this year and have left both times with a smile on my face and completely cleared sinuses. At his restaurant these wings (assuming the wings they serve for this event are the same as those served at the restaurant) are one of the first things to come out and my fiancé and I always joke that we have no idea if the rest of the food is any good because our taste buds are fried so early in the meal (but seriously, all of the food is really good).

Would love if Danny Bowein opened something in OKC one day.

Is Chick n Beer really moving? This will be a major loss to 23rd st. We love this place. Any update on new digs?

This is just a pop-up at Chick n Beer.

They are not moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is just a pop-up at Chick n Beer.

They are not moving.
    I was referring back to posts #73-75. I now see they are dated 2018. I guess that potential move never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    I was referring back to posts #73-75. I now see they are dated 2018. I guess that potential move never happened.
    Yeah, they had discussed moving to The Deck but that project seems to be in limbo or worse.

12. Default Re: Chick n Beer

I just saw where Chick N Beer is going to be on Diners Drive-ins and Dives tonight at 8. Being a fan of both I'll be watching.

Oh, good. Every time I see a thread on a restaurant I am scared they're closing.

14. Default Re: Chick n Beer

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Oh, good. Every time I see a thread on a restaurant I am scared they're closing.
    Yeah. But thank goodness not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Agreed...and when i saw this this thread pop up I was like "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

16. Default Re: Chick n Beer

Sorry I scared anyone. I was just trying to give them kudos. If it was bad I'd have posted in Restaurant Closings. Just another oddity that today's issues have created.

Is there any update on expansion? The owners are thinking of expanding in Moore and Edmond last year but it has not happened

I hadn't heard anything but I bet these chicken wing establishments are tightening their belts. The cost of chicken wings has gone up by about 40% over the previous year which is just crazy, more so than most other food types. Even places like Wing Stop are having to get creative.

Thread Information