Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chick n Beer

Default Re: Chick n Beer

Hm, interesting that my post got censored for something that was on the menu shi shi to peppers

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Hm, interesting that my post got censored for something that was on the menu shi shi to peppers
    Sorry, we have a filter that has a mind of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Wasn't crazy about their boneless version when they first opened.

Thanks for the tips because now I'll give them another go.
    I echo the sentiment that the boneless wings have improved significantly since opening. Also, their spicy gochujang wings, which I didn't think were that spicy early on, have gotten a lot hotter the last couple times I've been. It looks like they've been dumping more cayenne (or other hot dried pepper) than they used to, which I definitely appreciate.

4. Default Re: Chick n Beer

My question is... What kind of cruel science experiment created all these chickens with boneless wings? That's just pure evil!

Well that and when are they going to invent a chicken that's just skin? Man I love some crispy chicken skin!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    My question is... What kind of cruel science experiment created all these chickens with boneless wings? That's just pure evil!

Well that and when are they going to invent a chicken that's just skin? Man I love some crispy chicken skin!
    A newer Restaurant in Dallas called Street's Fine chicken.. they have an appetizer of Fried chicken skin.. seriously a basket of chicken skins like you'd expect to be a basket of Tortilla chips. SOOOOO GOOOOD!

6. Default Re: Chick n Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    A newer Restaurant in Dallas called Street's Fine chicken.. they have an appetizer of Fried chicken skin.. seriously a basket of chicken skins like you'd expect to be a basket of Tortilla chips. SOOOOO GOOOOD!
    I've been waiting for a good reason to make a Dallas run... This definitely qualifies!

I've been waiting for a good reason to make a Dallas run... This definitely qualifies!
    I looked it up... worth going for the name of the app alone. "Chickarones"

two doors down is one of my fav places as well.. Café Brazil ( several in Dallas and this is original) their El Gourdo Crepes are amazing!

Meddlesome Moth has fried chicken skins as an appetizer.

Just wanted to give this place a bump here. I think these are possibly the best bang for buck wings in the city. The quality is always top notch and the service is great. And it isn't too rough on the wallet!

The hot gochujang wings from chick n beer and the wings from gusto are my favorite in the city.

I went Thursday night around 7:30 and every seat in the place was taken, including every single one at the bar.

I'm addicted to the hot gochujang wings

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    I'm addicted to the hot gochujang wings
    Those and the kimchi fries (with added sriracha)

The salt/pepper wings and hot fries here are incredible. Comparable prices to Buffalo Wild Wings with far better quality and more interesting flavor options.

Still one of my favorite places.

Went tonight and when I left around 8PM, they had people waiting for a table.

They added a wing flavor called Peppers Galore which has a mixe of flavors but quite spicy to the point I had to take them slow. But soooooo good!

You scared me. I thought you were going to say this was another one that closed. I'll need to make a stop in and try that new flavor sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    You scared me. I thought you were going to say this was another one that closed. I'll need to make a stop in and try that new flavor sometime.
    Haha I know right?! Any time I see Pete commented on an older thread from a restaurant I love my heart sinks for a second lol. Chick n Beer seems to be packed when I am there, I like sitting on the patio with my pooch.

Can we start a thread specifically on Restaurant closures, and restaurants that are rumored to be struggling? Seems like there is a mass exodus at the moment.

Same!

21. Default Re: Chick n Beer

I think Chick n Beer is a great example of a place that - while they do front 23rd - still FEEL a bit off the beaten path due to the building itself, yet manage to get and retain a loyal following by doing something interesting, different, and creative AND by adapting and listening to customers. Places with engaged owner/operators who are hands-on and responsive to customers are the places that survive long-term, period.

I'm going a bit against my regular pronouncement that major automobile thoroughfare frontage is a primary reason behind the success of many places. I think this is a place that does well based more on a creative and engaged owner. Although I'm sure being on 23rd doesn't HURT.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Can we start a thread specifically on Restaurant closures, and restaurants that are rumored to be struggling? Seems like there is a mass exodus at the moment.
    http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=44586

Went to Chick n Beer this weekend and I have to say this is probably one of my favorite restaurants in town! But while we were there our waiter told us that they will be moving to a new location in the spring. She said they will be moving to 6th and Classen, by Sunnyside Diner and Revolucion. They will be moving into a bigger building and that they will have access to a rooftop patio. Not sure how accurate this all is but she seemed pretty confident in what she was telling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawk1021 View Post
    Went to Chick n Beer this weekend and I have to say this is probably one of my favorite restaurants in town! But while we were there our waiter told us that they will be moving to a new location in the spring. She said they will be moving to 6th and Classen, by Sunnyside Diner and Revolucion. They will be moving into a bigger building and that they will have access to a rooftop patio. Not sure how accurate this all is but she seemed pretty confident in what she was telling us.
    I'm sure what she meant is The Deck, the container project that is proposed for the east side of Classen.

The owner of Chick n Beer is closely aligned with Northline Development who is doing The Deck. They are all working together on The Collective, for example.

25. Default Re: Chick n Beer

I believe they plan to move Okie Pokie and Noodee over to Classen as well.

Thread Information