Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chick n Beer

Default Re: Chick n Beer

I'll just echo what everyone else has said. I went here Friday night at 8 and the wait was 30 minutes (it really turned out to be 10). Food was good, service was great, and the prices were right.

I recommend. Now git!

They are now open for lunch.

I stopped by yesterday cause they told me it was closing at 11, and caught the ending of the SB. Didn't know last call was at 9 though =(.

Stopped by again today for lunch and tried the gochujang and buffalo sauce with their spicy fries. $16 and some change before tip. Wasn't bad. Had the crunch that I normally associate with korean style wings. They were small, but they make up for it by adding a 6th wing as opposed to 5. Fries were good if you like shoe strings. Guy apologized to me, and turns out they don't close at 9.

I'd say better (only?) wing places in the area.

We went Saturday night and had about a 20 minute wait. we did boneless wings as we were headed to a party and didn't want to wrestle our food before going. 20 Boneless and two orders of fries was 20 bucks. I was super impressed! we tried the Gochujang, Salt and Pepper, Mamas? and Mango chili.. all were fantastic and the Gochujang was probably my favorite. we will definitely be back.

I crave that Gochujang!

Need to get back there this week.

I would just like to echo the positive comments on this place. A group of us went before the game on Saturday and the ambience is inviting (feels like a restaurant in your home), the service was attentive, and the food/drinks were delicious. I highly recommend trying this place out.

Just tried this out today. Got the red curry and 5 spice wings. Both were cooked well and tasted excellent. The fries were a tad on the salty side but not unbearable. Tried the Lemongrass beef skewer as well. Expected something like satay, but this was just a long beef patty that was stuck on a skewer. The flavor was fine but it was a bit chewy and wasn't really an 'eat off the skewer' texture.

The service was great and the prices are really exactly what I'd want to pay for this meal. Definitely adding it to my rotation.

8. Default Re: Chick n Beer

Finally got over there to try it for the first time today. There were workers there working on the new patio while I was there. So it should be open soon.

Service was a little disjointed but sitting close to the kitchen I thought I heard someone say they were down a fryer and I also heard a lot of big To-Go orders being called out. So that wasn't an issue for me.

I had also heard a lot of complaints about the size of the wings. I normally eat an order of 15 wings at BWW so I went with 18 today due to the complaints I had heard..... Well I was pretty stuffed after 12 and I don't know what kind of pterodactyl wings the complainers have been eating but all the wings I had today were plenty big.

I tried the gochujang and salt and pepper wings, probably should have gone with a third flavor to try but rookie mistake on my part, and both were excellent.... The gochujang had a nice lingering heat but wasn't overpowering. I have a high tolerance and while these aren't a super hot wing they had nice heat to them. The salt and pepper aren't hot at all so don't let the jalapeno in the description scare you from trying them because they were tasty as well.

Only complaint I have is the tiny napkins provided at the bar. They may have had bigger napkins at the tables but all I had available at the bar were cocktail napkins which aren't suitable for dealing with the aftermath of saucy wings. Other than that the wings were great and plentiful and an excellent change from BWW.

They have added some new things to their menu:

The chef brought me a chicken lettuce wrap about a week ago. Awesome!

Could someone help me spot what the new items are?

'twas delicious when we went last weekend.

Certainly a place that I think should be a huge success. Great to see it on 23rd.

13. Default Re: Chick n Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Could someone help me spot what the new items are?
    I know at least the Lettuce wrap and BBQ Honey Red curry wings are new. I believe the hot fries are new too.

The salads are new.

That's a really nice menu.

Glad this place has caught on.

I went last night and had the kale salad and the sweet potato fritters. Both were very tasty.

I had the hot fries last week and if you like the gochujang they are definitely worth getting. And although I initially interpreted the new menu to read that the sides are only available with the sliders they happily offered the sides with an order of wings.

Hot fries aren't new, I had those when I visited. Thank you for the heads up though.

18. Default Re: Chick n Beer

Their patio was open tonight, two long tables and 1-2 small bar style tables. It's nice and cozy and will be great once it's a little warmer.
    The window opens up so you can order drinks and stuff from outside.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170331_185315.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	4.75 MB 
ID:	13727
    Last edited by zefferoni; 03-31-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Formatting

This has become one of my favorite places.

I've always loved the space although it can get a bit loud when it's crowded, which is often.

I really like the kimchi fries and beef slider. Wings are great too but I'm not that much of a wing guy.

And good beer selection with a bunch more taps coming very soon.

we eat here a lot! It is loud when very busy. we have discovered its a good option on sunday when the rest of the world is brunching.

Is there a cover on fight nights?

I stopped by again for a vendor meeting. Ordered wings (didnt specify bone or boneless) and they brought me boneless. I'm glad they did and thought the boneless were better than the bone in. Also had the shi****o peppers and thought they were nice too.

23. Default Re: Chick n Beer

Their boneless wings used to be pretty meh, but they've turned them around and they're delicious now. I still prefer the bone-in, but I'll happily eat both.

^

Wasn't crazy about their boneless version when they first opened.

Thanks for the tips because now I'll give them another go.

Good to know. We love this place as well. Our obsession was sparked by the incredibly awesome YouTube show "Hot Ones". I suggest you do yourself a favor and check it out.

Thread Information