Widgets Magazine
Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494139140141142143144
Results 3,576 to 3,582 of 3582

Default Re: The national political landscape

I can't tell if this is supposed to mean something nefarious or exculpatory or what... or if it's just interesting timing?

I think we all knew it was just a matter of time before Trump threw Giuliani under the bus...

President Trump on Tuesday denied directing his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine on his behalf amid scrutiny as part of the ongoing House impeachment inquiry.

"No, I didnít direct him. But he is a warrior," Trump told former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly in an interview streamed online.

The comments appeared to contradict a frequent explanation from Giuliani, who has tweeted multiple times that he was operating in Ukraine to defend his client.

Trump urged O'Reilly to "ask that to Rudy" when the former Fox News host inquired what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine.

"I know he was going to go to Ukraine, and I think he canceled a trip," Trump told O'Reilly. "But you know, Rudy has other clients other than me."

Giuliani has tweeted multiple times in recent months that his activities in Ukraine ó which included seeking damaging information on former Vice President Joe Biden ó were meant to defend his "client." The former New York City mayor's dealings in the country are now reportedly the subject of a probe in the Southern District of New York.

"The investigation I conducted concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption, was done solely as a defense attorney to defend my client against false charges, that kept changing as one after another were disproven," Giuliani tweeted earlier this month.

Giuliani tweeted last month that "everything I did was to discover evidence to defend my client against false charges" and that "justice will prevail."

The president had until Tuesday defended Giuliani when asked about his relationship with his embattled personal attorney.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-on-his-behalf

Ok, so now the Times is reporting (well, "people familiar with matter") that Trump was aware of whistle blower complaint by late-August. I can't see the whole article because of pay-wall, so if I said something that contradicts the article I am happy to be corrected. I really know little.

None the less, this seems like an 'a-ha gotcha" article, but I guess I'm not seeing it. He still didn't release aid for a full 12 days, until the day he was notified by Congress that they were essentially going to steamroll him and get it released in spite of him, which appears to have forced Trump's hand because by the end of the day they were announcing the funds release.

And in those 12 days he tried to keep it from Congress. When he saw he no longer could and what he had tried to do would become public he releases the aid. That shows consciousness of guilt.

On another front, emails are showing that the WH retroactively tried to come up with reasons for withholding the aid. What they came up with was that the EC was not contributing enough to help Ukraine. What happened to make Trump please the aid? Did Europe suddenly pledge more money? The answer is "no". It was a bogus excuse from the beginning.

A reminder that Stephen Miller is STILL employed in the White House in charge of immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    A reminder that Stephen Miller is STILL employed in the White House in charge of immigration.
    Such a good little Nazi
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/polit...ler/index.html

Thread Information