Widgets Magazine
Page 119 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1969114115116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3558

Default Re: The national political landscape

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Yep, pretty clever huh?

Remember on the campaign trail when Donnie boy said "he loved the poorly educated?"

You get my point. Here is what an actual lynching looks like...

Attachment 15669
    I believe something on the order of a quarter to a third (I can't remember) of all lynchings in the states were of whites. While it is fair to assume that racist thoughts would come up at it's mention, lynching, like murder is a rather non-racial word.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I believe something on the order of a quarter to a third (I can't remember) of all lynchings in the states were of whites. While it is fair to assume that racist thoughts would come up at it's mention, lynching, like murder is a rather non-racial word.
    Lynching is non racial word? Good lord, grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I just gave you evidence. Again, you are predisposed to believe whatever makes Trump look bad. Get off your high horse and join us in reality.

It's a word that has been used in political vernacular fairly often. Ergo, it obviously doesn't have a racit tinge like the n word or something, or else I would hear that word on in Senate Hearings and such.

Would like to see the same concern over uses of words like Concentration Camp and similar, considering something like 200 times as many Jews died in just one camp. But whatever.

5. Default Re: The national political landscape

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Absolutely, lynching is so massively racially charged here in the USA, you have to either be completely clueless on race relations, a racist, or just a troll to say it's a non-racial word. It may not have started as racial, but it completely, totally, and forever is now associated with race here in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Absolutely, lynching is so massively racially charged here in the USA, you have to either be completely clueless on race relations, a racist, or just a troll to say it's a non-racial word. It may not have started as racial, but it completely, totally, and forever is now associated with race here in the USA.
    There are a lot of racist in D.C. then, including a sitting black Judge. Not to mention the leading candidate in the Dem field as well. But each their own again.

You all do know what distinguishes a lynching from a hanging right? And why the use of the term is appropriate in political circles from time to time.

I am the president’s defender in the sense that I haven’t seen anything yet that would rise, in my opinion, to the level of impeachable offense. …

I wish we could get this over with quickly. … In pushing the process, in pushing the arguments of fairness and due process the Democrats so far have been running a lynch mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    I am the president’s defender in the sense that I haven’t seen anything yet that would rise, in my opinion, to the level of impeachable offense. …

I wish we could get this over with quickly. … In pushing the process, in pushing the arguments of fairness and due process the Democrats so far have been running a lynch mob.
    Individually, there are a couple of things that could be considered grounds for impeachment. Taken as a whole, there are definitely grounds simply on the basis of incompetence. He backed out of it but the whole Doral G-7 would be a clear self-dealing matter.

This needs to be pushed through like the Parliamentary governments do and get a new President in who has an acceptable moral center. Trump clearly doesn't have one, Hillary doesn't either and we certainly don't need anyone who is going to financially destroy, what is right now, an excellent economy with jobs available to most anyone who isn't mentally ill, drug addicted or has a criminal record. Denver is in desperate need of 200 full-time bus and rail drivers and will pay a minimum of $20/hr + benefits and can't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Individually, there are a couple of things that could be considered grounds for impeachment. Taken as a whole, there are definitely grounds simply on the basis of incompetence. He backed out of it but the whole Doral G-7 would be a clear self-dealing matter.

This needs to be pushed through like the Parliamentary governments do and get a new President in who has an acceptable moral center. Trump clearly doesn't have one, Hillary doesn't either and we certainly don't need anyone who is going to financially destroy, what is right now, an excellent economy with jobs available to most anyone who isn't mentally ill, drug addicted or has a criminal record. Denver is in desperate need of 200 full-time bus and rail drivers and will pay a minimum of $20/hr + benefits and can't find them.
    The president donates his salary of almost a half million a year and you think he’s trying to make a couple of bucks off of Doral? That’s just too funny... if you read the reasoning, it was actually a great suggestion for hosting diplomatic entourages from around the world.

Incompetence is your opinion... Trump was elected because people no longer trusted politicians and wanted a non-politician promising to change things, go in and not just play the same old game... Trump has delivered

I bet I can make a better argument that Obama was incompetent than you can make against Trump...

Make your case...

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    From Politifact...

"Miami International, one of the biggest airports in the world. Some people say it is the biggest, but one of the biggest airports in the world."

Trump wrongly described Miami International Airport as he elaborated on his decision to cancel plans to host the G-7 summit at Trump National Doral, which is near the airport.

There are multiple ways to measure how busy or how big airports are, but the key metric is passenger traffic.

In 2018, Miami ranked 42nd in passenger traffic among worldwide airports, according to data on the airport¬’s website. If we only looked at airports in the United States, Miami ranks 13th.

The Miami airport website¬’s rankings chart shows it first in one category: international freight among airports in the United States. It also states that it "offers more flights to Latin America and the Caribbean than any other U.S. airport."

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport was the world¬’s top airport for passenger traffic volume in 2018, according to the Airports Council International rankings released in September 2019.

Once again the President of the United States is talking out of his ass.
    You wonder why people ignore so much stuff... cause they're flooded with this kindergarten crap all day long, and have been since before the election. You're complaining about his description of Miami International? What next? He wears the wrong socks?

There's some real stuff to gripe about, but sure, let's fill the adult discussions with fact checking something subjective like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post

In a Parliamentary government, that is usually the Majority party removing their own man and woman from office. Republican party currently has no motivation to do that. It all comes down to the economy really. Trump better hope economy is still doing halfway decent when any kind of removal vote comes to a Senate vote in 2020. The economy would be the only thing that turns enough Republican Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    You wonder why people ignore so much stuff... cause they're flooded with this kindergarten crap all day long, and have been since before the election. You're complaining about his description of Miami International? What next? He wears the wrong socks?

There's some real stuff to gripe about, but sure, let's fill the adult discussions with fact checking something subjective like this.
    Miami is arguably the second or third busiest in terms of international traffic. Considering it's location this isn't shocking. Kennedy is #1. But Politifact gonna politifact (ie use half the facts to come to their predetermined conclusion).

Miami is arguably the second or third busiest in terms of international traffic. Considering it's location this isn't shocking. Kennedy is #1. But Politifact gonna politifact (ie use half the facts to come to their predetermined conclusion).
    yes... but hard to lean towards the guy who says it when he now refers to his phone conversation with Ukraine as a letter....

There’s no need to get in weeds like this with airports and climate in June. The fact that Trump thought picking Doral would possibly be an option is laughable. People on this board keep saying it’s not amateur hour anymore and the adults are in charge. So you are telling me out of all of the brilliant professionals throughout the white house, not one had the foresight to know picking Doral would be an absolute disaster in every way? That is pretty hard to believe imo. I can’t imagine anyone with half a brain approving this location. Would have saved Trump yet another embarrassment. Someone should be fired for letting this go public.

Thereís no need to get in weeds like this with airports and climate in June. The fact that Trump thought picking Doral would possibly be an option is laughable. People on this board keep saying itís not amateur hour anymore and the adults are in charge. So you are telling me out of all of the brilliant professionals throughout the white house, not one had the foresight to know picking Doral would be an absolute disaster in every way? That is pretty hard to believe imo. I canít imagine anyone with half a brain approving this location. Would have saved Trump yet another embarrassment. Someone should be fired for letting this go public.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    People on this board keep saying itís not amateur hour anymore and the adults are in charge.
    Who keeps saying this?

On page 9 of Taylor's statement, he mentions that he was concerned that the "longstanding U.S. policy of strong support for Ukraine was shifting".

Worth noting, the longstanding (ie Obama) tradition was to not give Ukraine any lethal aide at all, even when Crimea is being taken from them by an allegedly not-friendly Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Thereís no need to get in weeds like this with airports and climate in June. The fact that Trump thought picking Doral would possibly be an option is laughable. People on this board keep saying itís not amateur hour anymore and the adults are in charge. So you are telling me out of all of the brilliant professionals throughout the white house, not one had the foresight to know picking Doral would be an absolute disaster in every way? That is pretty hard to believe imo. I canít imagine anyone with half a brain approving this location. Would have saved Trump yet another embarrassment. Someone should be fired for letting this go public.
    i haven't seen a single person on this board saying anything to that effect.

the legacy of the last 12 years will be that Conservatives recognized that Obama was a historically bad President, but continued to raise families, attend Church, and hold down high-paying jobs. On the other hand, the Woke Left has spent the last 1000 days gnashing its teeth, attending *****-hat rallies, and attempting various coups to overthrow a Man who has outperformed Obama in every measurable respect. pretty embarrassing look for you guys, imo.

On page 9 of Taylor's statement, he mentions that he was concerned that the "longstanding U.S. policy of strong support for Ukraine was shifting".

Worth noting, the longstanding (ie Obama) tradition was to not give Ukraine any lethal aide at all, even when Crimea is being taken from them by an allegedly not-friendly Russia.
    strong support does not equal lethal aide.... you can have very strong aide support and it not be for offensive weapons... see US military aide to Japan since 1950 (although after a few decades we found a way for defensive only first strike weapons... still scratching my head on that)

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    strong support does not equal lethal aide.... you can have very strong aide support and it not be for offensive weapons... see US military aide to Japan since 1950 (although after a few decades we found a way for defensive only first strike weapons... still scratching my head on that)
    1. This aid was lethal force aid.
    2. It amounted to nearly 4 times the aid they received in Obama's entire tenure (I'm not 100% positive on that. I used CNN as a source, so....)

1. This aid was lethal force aid.
    2. It amounted to nearly 4 times the aid they received in Obama's entire tenure (I'm not 100% positive on that. I used CNN as a source, so....)
    yes, this aide was... i was just pointing out the correlation that you made that the Obama tradition was to not give lethal aide even during Crimea... so i thought you were making the statement that it wasn't a strong support policy. I will agree with Taylor 100% that it was absolutely a shift in the Ukraine policy. and the man was Ambassador to Ukraine as an appointment by Bush, and he served in that role only from 2006 though 2009... so his tenure did not involve a large majority of the Obama years and policy in the role as ambassador... and he was only put in charge in June 2019 (by a Trump Secretary of State) of the Ukraine Embassy..... so this man is a red republican... so not even sure how the Obama information is relevant... except to say that he still served high in the State Department under the Obama administration... but his Ukraine Experience is with Republicans...

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    yes, this aide was... i was just pointing out the correlation that you made that the Obama tradition was to not give lethal aide even during Crimea... so i thought you were making the statement that it wasn't a strong support policy. I will agree with Taylor 100% that it was absolutely a shift in the Ukraine policy. and the man was Ambassador to Ukraine as an appointment by Bush, and he served in that role only from 2006 though 2009... so his tenure did not involve a large majority of the Obama years and policy in the role as ambassador... and he was only put in charge in June 2019 (by a Trump Secretary of State) of the Ukraine Embassy..... so this man is a red republican... so not even sure how the Obama information is relevant... except to say that he still served high in the State Department under the Obama administration... but his Ukraine Experience is with Republicans...
    In my opinion.....he is being misleading in creating a picture of the US...always on the side of Ukraine....when in reality we let the hang just a short time ago. This aid in question, represents a shift in US policy. That's the irony of all of this.

In my opinion.
    and that is the key part of this.... one side is the opinion of a man who after his service in the US Army ended in 1975, has woard as Director of Emergency Preparedness for DOE, served as a legislative assistant for Senator Bill Bradly, was on a DOD think tank at Fort McNair, served as Special Deputy Defense Advisor to the US ambassador to NATO.... from 1992 through 2002, served with the rank of ambassador, coordinating assistance to Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, then assigned to Kabul to coordinate international assistance to Afghanistan, and then spent 2 years in Baghdad as Director of teh Iraq Reconstruction Management Office.

so directly with Ukraine and relations in the surrounding area, he has his 5 years as defense advisor to US Ambassador to NATO, 10 years working directly with Eastern Europe and former Soviet States, 3 years as Ambassador to Ukraine, then he comes in June of 2019, and says... hey, based upon my 18+ years of experience that directly relates to Ukraine and the region.... this isn't exactly correct, and i'm going to ask others about it....

so what exactly is your opinion based upon... and i'll tell you which one i think has more weight...

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    i haven't seen a single person on this board saying anything to that effect.

the legacy of the last 12 years will be that Conservatives recognized that Obama was a historically bad President, but continued to raise families, attend Church, and hold down high-paying jobs. On the other hand, the Woke Left has spent the last 1000 days gnashing its teeth, attending *****-hat rallies, and attempting various coups to overthrow a Man who has outperformed Obama in every measurable respect. pretty embarrassing look for you guys, imo.
    Specifically? Just off a 2 second search posts 2899 and 2691. Do you want me to post every time someone on here talks like this administration is playing 4d chess or they are working some genius plan to get the Dems? That would take some time...

Regardless, I don’t think “adults” or chess masters or anyone with half a brain would be dumb enough to pitch hosting the G-7 at Doral lmao.

Warmongers won’t like this news. And the Do Nothing Dems holding “secret”’ meetings got invaded.

Jack Posobiec ����
    @JackPosobiec
    - Trump just announced permanent ceasefire deal in Syria

- Necons just got rekt as Kurdish leaders thank Trump for his Syria strategy

- Matt Gaetz and House GOP just stormed the SCIF and exposed the Schiff clownshow

It's only Wednesday afternoon
    12:46 PM ∑ Oct 23, 2019

Thread Information