Widgets Magazine

Thread: Why did Master Cleaners on Classen close?

Midtown Why did Master Cleaners on Classen close?

I went there yesterday to drop some things off and they had a sign on the door saying they were closed immediately as of 12/9/16. What happened? Will they reopen? This is a great, old ,historic shop building so it would be a shame for it to close for good.

Default Re: Why did Master Cleaners on Classen close?

It couldn't have helped that they were the Champion Button Busters in the Midwest Region. Go read Yelp reviews. Atrocious!

I hope someone goes back in and revives it. I worked there 40 years ago when it was owned by the Gower family. A great family and a great operation. I had a lot of fun working there as a teenager. A lot of memories there.

4. Default Re: Why did Master Cleaners on Classen close?

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    I hope someone goes back in and revives it. I worked there 40 years ago when it was owned by the Gower family. A great family and a great operation. I had a lot of fun working there as a teenager. A lot of memories there.
    I went to school and was in Scouts with Mel Gower. I remember the family as being really nice people. Hate to see this happening to the business they built.

I made the mistake of going here once.

They gave me a ticket and time to pick up my clothes the following day. I arrived and was told they weren't ready and it would be the following day. I explained I was leaving town for a week and needed my clothes and simply asked if they'd retrieve them for me so the hotel could dry clean the suit I needed. They refused and said it was "too much work" to find my clothes in the hampers.

Long story short, when I went to pick them the following week, they not only charged me full price but had used a SHARPIE to write my last name on the inside bottom of my $200 dress shirts, essentially ruining them.

They were putting up a new sign on this building today. Cant remember exactly what it said though. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thread Information