Widgets Magazine

Thread: Home insulation installation

Default Home insulation installation

Does anyone know of a company that can install home insulation in my attic that will do a good job and that is reputable in the OKC area?

I would do it myself but our ceiling has multiple levels in certain areas and if the insulation is not installed correctly, it will do more harm than good.

I need some insulation blown in and probably some fiberglass batts installed also.

Thanks

2. Default Re: Home insulation installation

We used Cribbs Silver Creek about six years ago and were pleased with the results. Good to work with. http://www.cribbssilvercreek.net/home

Default Re: Home insulation installation

Are you looking to supplement the blown in fiberglass already there, or is it bare currently?

If you're starting from scratch, I'd suggest looking into cellulose if you can justify the difference.

i've been thinking about supplementing the insulation in my attic as my upstairs a/c generally struggles in the middle of summer, so i thought i'd resurrect this thread.

my thought is to install underneath the rafters so that the attic is conditioned space. i'm leaning towards mineral wool batts over foam, but i'm still deciding that. does anybody have any recommendations for a specific installer or any insight on specific insulation types/methods?

5. Default Re: Home insulation installation

Just a side note a good place to start before extra insulation is to air seal the attic space first. Make sure no air is going into the attic from the living space. Makes a world of difference on older homes.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Just a side note a good place to start before extra insulation is to air seal the attic space first. Make sure no air is going into the attic from the living space. Makes a world of difference on older homes.
    I think Martin would effectively be doing that by making the attic a conditioned space....

7. Default Re: Home insulation installation

thanks for the tips!

One of the best home improvement projects we ever did at the old house was going from R-15 or so to an R-60. Wow what a difference.

Thread Information