Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141560110 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russia, something or nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    is what she saying true? If so did he "lie under oath" like you proclaim? Is the CBS chief legal correspondent wrong and you are right?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-ses...-consequences/
    He met with the Ambassador of Russia at the Republican Convention. Me? I meet with a Russian Ambassador, I remember that. He's right, it is a high bar to be convicted of something beyond a reasonable doubt.

If the standard was by a preponderance of the evidence, I think the legal expert would offer a different opinion.

More likely than not, he lied. If you're cool with that, I expect you to say you never had a problem with Bill Clinton's lie either.

Making a moral case and making a legal case are not the same thing.

is what she saying true? If so did he "lie under oath" like you proclaim? Is the CBS chief legal correspondent wrong and you are right?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-ses...-consequences/
    I wouldn't say he lied, but he certainly wasn't candid. Why isn't anyone from this administration candid about their myriad meetings with Russians? Is it so hard to remember? Or is it clear that there's a concerted effort to conceal what is obviously frequent contact?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    I wouldn't say he lied, but he certainly wasn't candid. Why isn't anyone from this administration candid about their myriad meetings with Russians? Is it so hard to remember? Or is it clear that there's a concerted effort to conceal what is obviously frequent contact?
    Everyone seems to forget meeting him, which was kind of my point

Everyone seems to forget meeting him, which was kind of my point
    Holy hell... I tell you how you are missing the point and you are still missing the point?

Tribalism, I think?

Maybe I'm off here (or I'm being tribal...)

But Session, during the questioning, was being asked specifically about scenarios involving discussions with Russians as it pertained to them being involved in our election. I have been in agreement with the CBS analyst in that, while not the most eloquent answer, he seemed to be trying to say that he had no interactions with Russians as it pertained to electioneering or on behalf of the Trump campaign. NOW, unless someone can prove otherwise I see a whole lot of Democrat screeching...again.

The thing is, this particular ambassador has been making the rounds in D.C. for some time, as pointed out by others here. Why shouldn't he. We have ambassador's for a reason. And unless you have proof Sessions was acting on behalf of Trump or was aware of any rigging efforts (if they actually existed) by the Russians, you have nothing.

Again...more screeching if you ask me.

They met at the Republican National Convention where Sessions was acting in his capacity as a surrogate. If you want to believe they talked about things relevant to Sessions' duties on his Committee... well..whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. It's a purely circumstantial case. He's guilty insofar as Casey Anthony is. Everyone knows he did it, it's just not provable to the level you have to prove these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    They met at the Republican National Convention where Sessions was acting in his capacity as a surrogate. If you want to believe they talked about things relevant to Sessions' duties on his Committee... well..whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. It's a purely circumstantial case. He's guilty insofar as Casey Anthony is. Everyone knows he did it, it's just not provable to the level you have to prove these things.
    Liberal clairvoyance always astounds me. The fact that you can type here without doubt you are certain of his guilt is not surprising, but ridiculous none the less.

It's even more "circumstantial" when you consider he met the Ukrainian ambassador the day before meeting the Russian abmassador at the convention. AND when you consider the day at the convention, he met several other ambassadors, nearly simultaneously. But whatever let's YOU get to sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Not really context for things like the Flynn intercept, which was more likely intercepted by the FBI. This is just making bulk data available to other intelligence agencies, which isn't a bad thing. Different intercepts may be useful by other agencies to give more depth to their particular issues.

Liberal clairvoyance always astounds me.
    I've never considered myself liberal. Not being a fan of the President doesn't make one liberal. I do support a lot of "liberal" causes today which were conservative causes previously or because I recognize simple facts like that the government can take advantage of economies of scale that the private sector couldn't dream of and the fact that I don't think certain products like healthcare should be provided with a profit motive. The goalposts have shifted, I stayed in the same place.

I'm just looking at what's out there. Clear Russian interference in our election coupled with a lot of contact between the Russian government and Trump's campaign officials which nobody can seem to remember while under oath. One need not be a blacklivesmatter/rainbowcapewearing/safespace libtard to come to the very reasonable conclusion that Shenanigans are afoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Not really context for things like the Flynn intercept, which was more likely intercepted by the FBI. This is just making bulk data available to other intelligence agencies, which isn't a bad thing. Different intercepts may be useful by other agencies to give more depth to their particular issues.
    And gives a much higher chance that something gets leaked. But that wouldn't happen now would it.

I'm no conspiracy nut, and I certainly think Trump is going to be a stinker, but there are a whole lot of coincidences afoot here. Circumstantial you would say.

And throughout all of this the fact that not a shred of evidence actually proving collusion between Trump and Russia has been leaked, says to me that it probably doesn't exist. He sucks as a president, so this is really unnecessary at this point to bring him down if you ask me. But it certainly would be easier.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...sian-collusion

I do not believe there is collusion between Trump and Russia on this but ... giant Russian steel company Evraz has apparently been a major supplier of pipe for the Dakota and Keystone pipelines. It's a small world.

http://www.ecowatch.com/steel-russia...273940971.html

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    I do not believe there is collusion between Trump and Russia on this but ... giant Russian steel company Evraz has apparently been a major supplier of pipe for the Dakota and Keystone pipelines. It's a small world.

http://www.ecowatch.com/steel-russia...273940971.html
    China must not looked ripe enough (or they claim it all for their own projects). Russia is the 5th largest producer (right behind us). It probably is a coincidence, but interesting none the less.

Didn't Obama meet with Putin regarding sanctions earlier that week? I believe he was going to continue to impose sanctions.

Sessions then met with the Russian ambassador that week. Then Trump came out publicly stating he wanted improved relations with Russia. Then Russia came out and said the same thing... The week that Obama said he wasn't lifting sanctions.

Am I wrong in this?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Didn't Obama meet with Putin regarding sanctions earlier that week? I believe he was going to continue to impose sanctions.

Sessions then met with the Russian ambassador that week. Then Trump came out publicly stating he wanted improved relations with Russia. Then Russia came out and said the same thing... The week that Obama said he wasn't lifting sanctions.

Am I wrong in this?
    You seem to misunderstand the issue. Meeting with Russian diplomats is no problem. Meeting with Russian diplomats to coordinate efforts between a campaign and a foreign hostile country trying to steal an election is a problem.

This ain't complicated, but so many seem not to be able to grasp this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    You seem to misunderstand the issue. Meeting with Russian diplomats is no problem. Meeting with Russian diplomats to coordinate efforts between a campaign and a foreign hostile country trying to steal an election is a problem.

This ain't complicated, but so many seem not to be able to grasp this.
    I don't understand the issue. It reads as Sessions discussed a deal to be friendly with Russia if they helped with the election...

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I don't understand the issue. It reads as Sessions discussed a deal to be friendly with Russia if they helped with the election...
    That's colluding with a hostile foreign power to interfere in the Presidential election.

............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:"........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    That's colluding with a hostile foreign power to interfere in the Presidential election.
    That's what I'm saying.........

I'm really starting to lean toward nothing (re title of thread).

Colluding with Russia would be a bad thing if it were happening. But the fact that one party's success coincides with Russia preferences is hardly collusion, if that is even the case, and is bound to happen from time to time with a lot of countries we don't exactly see eye to eye with.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...claim-n2294788

I think heading the advice of one of your own may be warranted.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-media-w471074

Was going to post it under the joke thread because it made mu chuckle a few times, but I guess it can go here.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14257/...ump-john-nolte

Was going to post it under the joke thread because it made mu chuckle a few times, but I guess it can go here.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14257/...ump-john-nolte
    The Daily Wire. Which is Ben Shaprio. That’s just a facebook clickbait site. Not News.

But there is THIS story today, it's not been picked up yet by mainstream news, but The Smoking Gun has brought down a number of people with their reports.

Roger Stone's Russian Hacking "Hero"
    Trump loyalist communicated with "Guccifer 2.0," target of FBI

MARCH 8--In the months before Election Day, a longtime confidante and political consultant for Donald Trump was in contact with the Russian hacking group that U.S. intelligence officials have accused of illegally breaching the Democratic National Committee’s computer system and the e-mail accounts of Hillary Clinton campaign officials in a bid to aid Trump, The Smoking Gun has learned.

The contact between Roger Stone, the Trump associate, and the Russian influence operation came via private messages exchanged on Twitter, according to a source. Stone’s contact was with “Guccifer 2.0,” an online persona that U.S. officials say was created by Russian government officials to distribute and publicize material stolen during hacks of the DNC, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and Gmail accounts used by Clinton staffers like John Podesta, the campaign's chairman.

Though “Guccifer 2.0” maintained that he was a lone “hacktivist” committed to “fight all those illuminati,” a U.S. intelligence assessment concluded with “high confidence” that the G.R.U., Russia’s military intelligence service, was operating the “Guccifer 2.0” persona, which communicated through Twitter, a WordPress blog, and a series of burner e-mail accounts.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...uccifer-913684

Sad thing is Ben could probably do circles around your arguments.

Sadder still is Guccifer (a criminal) apparently carries more weight than Shapiro (a law abiding citizen who makes a habit of pointing out rather obvious things in society) in your world.

Thread Information