Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 141 of 141
  1. #126

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    I’m not bashing others Rover and you’re just repeating your same non sense about Edmond which is a community you don’t seem to know much about. It’s “nice walkable urban center” represents less than one percent of the city and your definition of walkable and urban are very questionable. It’s a small town Main Street and it is nice but it could be a way better. Thankfully the council is working on that, but again, you’re using what we have currently to defend against criticism on the entire community which makes zero sense. It’s not my argument that is screwed up— it’s yours.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,812
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So rover, instead of playing devils advocate here what is your suggestion for this property. See, unlike you, Mr. Edmond Lover, I just hate Edmond so much I actually spend time thinking of ways for this situation to be resolved as I mentioned in previous posts. Whatís your idea? I guess a great developer should come in and restore the golf course and lose money, huh?
    So, to answer your question:
    I would suggest that prospective buyers be fully appraised of the risk of the golf course's future, just like other things are required to be disclosed. If developers are going to use the amenity of the golf course to ask a higher price and promote sales, they should also disclose that they may at their choosing alone decide to close the course and build at their back yards.

    Secondly, maybe the neighborhood association should have the first right of refusal to acquire the land in the event the owner makes the decision to close it and before they can re-develop it.

    Third, perhaps the developer is just required to maintain the land as a park area with appropriate mowing, tree upkeep, etc. Presumably they made extra money originally based on having it there.

    I am sure there are lots of other creative ways more intelligent people than I can think of that would be fair to those who trusted the developer and still not overly penalize the investors if they were acting in good faith.

  3. #128

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Here is my 2 cents. There are areas of that property that are not buildable due to flood plain and creeks. That area could be turned into walking trails for joint use with the Coffee Creek development. I would suggest a developer work out a deal that they would develop land farthest from the current development into a high intensity housing tract such as a low rise condos with some retail. (Corner of Coffee Creek and Kelly area) Other areas into single family while leaving some areas closest to the current development as stated above as a joint use walking trail/nature area. No way that everyone will be happy over what ever goes in. Just saying a more intense area as trade off of having a buffered joint use might be an idea. Sorry but no way a golf course is going to work in today's world.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,812
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Iím not bashing others Rover and youíre just repeating your same non sense about Edmond which is a community you donít seem to know much about. Itís ďnice walkable urban centerĒ represents less than one percent of the city and your definition of walkable and urban are very questionable. Itís a small town Main Street and it is nice but it could be a way better. Thankfully the council is working on that, but again, youíre using what we have currently to defend against criticism on the entire community which makes zero sense. Itís not my argument that is screwed upó itís yours.
    You need to get out more. There are lots of great areas in Edmond that you apparently know nothing about. Keep repeating your mantra. Fortunately, other people know the truth.

    I suppose you don't like the Plaza area because almost all of the area for miles around it are single family neighborhoods that don't have urban amenities. LOL. You craft your data points to fit your narrow argument. You may not like certain neighborhoods, as I don't, but you are set to trash the entire city. You can't possibly give any credit where due because you are blinded by your self admitted hate for Edmond. I am sure they won't miss you not living there or frequenting it.

  5. #130

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Rover, you’re just making sh!t up and repeating the same nonsense you’ve spouted to other posters. Your “ideas” are ones that will in no way shape or form be implemented.

  6. #131

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    You need to get out more. There are lots of great areas in Edmond that you apparently know nothing about. Keep repeating your mantra. Fortunately, other people know the truth.

    I suppose you don't like the Plaza area because almost all of the area for miles around it are single family neighborhoods that don't have urban amenities. LOL. You craft your data points to fit your narrow argument. You may not like certain neighborhoods, as I don't, but you are set to trash the entire city. You can't possibly give any credit where due because you are blinded by your self admitted hate for Edmond. I am sure they won't miss you not living there or frequenting it.
    A little off topic, but the neighborhoods surrounding the plaza are not single family neighborhoods and the plaza is within 2 miles of every urban district in OKC. Not sure why you are trying to equate it to being a small strip in the middle of a bunch of suburban sprawl or something.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,812
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    A little off topic, but the neighborhoods surrounding the plaza are not single family neighborhoods and the plaza is within 2 miles of every urban district in OKC. Not sure why you are trying to equate it to being a small strip in the middle of a bunch of suburban sprawl or something.
    Sorry, but what do you call all those houses with yards that house single families? You see what you want to see and couch things in the most skewed and favorable image for your argument. I love the Plaza area and I also appreciate downtown Edmond. You guys act like they are mutually exclusive and have to hate one if you like the other. Ridiculous. This whole ridiculous sub-thread started with someone making a blanket statement about all of Edmond being cookie cutter tract housing. And I commented that it was a characterization that doesn't fit all the city. But some on here make it a career to bash wherever isn't popular with them.

  8. #133

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Lol comparing plaza to coffee creek

  9. #134

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    The majority of Edmond is cookie cutter housing, strip malls, the and tract housing. There is no disputing that but have trying fanboy.

  10. #135

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Sorry, but what do you call all those houses with yards that house single families? You see what you want to see and couch things in the most skewed and favorable image for your argument. I love the Plaza area and I also appreciate downtown Edmond. You guys act like they are mutually exclusive and have to hate one if you like the other. Ridiculous. This whole ridiculous sub-thread started with someone making a blanket statement about all of Edmond being cookie cutter tract housing. And I commented that it was a characterization that doesn't fit all the city. But some on here make it a career to bash wherever isn't popular with them.
    I mean I’m sitting on my porch in Gatewood right now and I can count 12 multi family buildings without standing up. Most every surrounding neighborhood is somewhat similar with housing. And all of those neighborhoods have the best (read only) urban amenities in the city. I’m not saying anything about downtown edmond (I think it’s got a lot of potential) or this golf course development. I’m just responding to your plaza remark. To say it’s a small spot on an otherwise endless sea of suburbia is disingenuous.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,812
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    I mean Iím sitting on my porch in Gatewood right now and I can count 12 multi family buildings without standing up. Most every surrounding neighborhood is somewhat similar with housing. And all of those neighborhoods have the best (read only) urban amenities in the city. Iím not saying anything about downtown edmond (I think itís got a lot of potential) or this golf course development. Iím just responding to your plaza remark. To say itís a small spot on an otherwise endless sea of suburbia is disingenuous.
    From the plaza to 23rd is all single family. West of Plaza is all single family. South of Plaza is all single family.

    BTW, I can stand on my front porch and count dozens of multi family. I am within walking of two of the best grocery stores in OKC. There are banks, restaurants and virtually every other service I need within easy walking and biking distance. There are big office buildings and small ones. There are walking trails. There is a great hotel a block away, And yet if I gave you the location, you would call it suburban single family housing neighborhood. I've got 5 multi family residences on my cul de sac. It doesn't make it urban. So, I'm happy for your 12 multi-families, but it doesn't mean the Plaza isn't surrounded by single family neighborhoods.

  12. #137

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    From the plaza to 23rd is all single family. West of Plaza is all single family. South of Plaza is all single family.

    BTW, I can stand on my front porch and count dozens of multi family. I am within walking of two of the best grocery stores in OKC. There are banks, restaurants and virtually every other service I need within easy walking and biking distance. There are big office buildings and small ones. There are walking trails. There is a great hotel a block away, And yet if I gave you the location, you would call it suburban single family housing neighborhood. I've got 5 multi family residences on my cul de sac. It doesn't make it urban. So, I'm happy for your 12 multi-families, but it doesn't mean the Plaza isn't surrounded by single family neighborhoods.
    Well I would call it suburban because you mentioned a cul-de-sac.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,812
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Well I would call it suburban because you mentioned a cul-de-sac.
    Yes, that's the defining criteria of urban vs. suburban. Because in urban areas they are called dead ends. LOL. My 1/2 block street is smaller than many large urban area drop offs at large hotels. Simplistic labeling is much easier than actually knowing what the situation is.

    BTW, I would argue that my area is suburban, but still has more urban features than what alot of people like to call urban.

  14. #139

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yes, that's the defining criteria of urban vs. suburban. Because in urban areas they are called dead ends. LOL. My 1/2 block street is smaller than many large urban area drop offs at large hotels. Simplistic labeling is much easier than actually knowing what the situation is.

    BTW, I would argue that my area is suburban, but still has more urban features than what alot of people like to call urban.
    In urban areas they are called intact grids. I don't know what you are trying to prove. You are wrong about the area that surround the Plaza. Your area is suburban because it is a single entrance/exit to a cul-de-sac housing addition. This destroys any notion of walkability. 63rd doesn't even have sidewalks so absolutely nothing is within easy walking distance. It isn't a bad thing but comparing the two is just silly.

  15. #140

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yes, that's the defining criteria of urban vs. suburban. Because in urban areas they are called dead ends. LOL. My 1/2 block street is smaller than many large urban area drop offs at large hotels. Simplistic labeling is much easier than actually knowing what the situation is.

    BTW, I would argue that my area is suburban, but still has more urban features than what alot of people like to call urban.
    In urban areas they are called intact grids. I don't know what you are trying to prove. You are wrong about the area that surround the Plaza. Your area is suburban because it is a single entrance/exit to a cul-de-sac housing addition. This destroys any notion of walkability. 63rd doesn't even have sidewalks so absolutely nothing is within easy walking distance. It isn't a bad thing but comparing the two is just silly.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,812
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    In urban areas they are called intact grids. I don't know what you are trying to prove. You are wrong about the area that surround the Plaza. Your area is suburban because it is a single entrance/exit to a cul-de-sac housing addition. This destroys any notion of walkability. 63rd doesn't even have sidewalks so absolutely nothing is within easy walking distance. It isn't a bad thing but comparing the two is just silly.
    Good try... my cul de sac is not a development, but a street in the development. Iím also surprised that nothing is easily walkable since I do it all the time and Iím nearly 70 years old. And it is easy for me. Go figure. But then, you are the expert.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kelly and Coffee Creek?
    By jdbells in forum Edmond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2015, 02:31 PM
  2. Sugar Creek Canyon Golf Course-Hinton
    By Bigrayok in forum Other Communities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 01:47 PM
  3. Coffee Creek proposed apartments?
    By ImTheDude in forum Edmond
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 08:27 PM
  4. Rose Creek....Should we pick the Edmond or Deer Creek side?
    By 3Labs2ResQ in forum Suburban & Other OK Communities
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO