Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

If anything property values will increase as long as this is done the right way. Community input is vital in ensuring the redevelopment of the golf course will be done correctly and in an upscale manner. But the shaking of costs and hesitance to change will only further disconnect communication from the developer.

Redevelopment of the golf course??? Thought the golf course was gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Redevelopment of the golf course??? Thought the golf course was gone for good.

I think he means all of the cookie cutter McMansions soon to be built on the existing land that use to be the golf course.

4. Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

No McMansions with those lot sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    No McMansions with those lot sizes.
    And, to be fair, there's not really even any McMansions in Edmond.

Piedmont or the Southside, sure, yeah, but not Edmond.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    And, to be fair, there's not really even any McMansions in Edmond.

Piedmont or the Southside, sure, yeah, but not Edmond.
    What do you consider a McMansion? There are 32 properties currently listed for sale in Edmond of more than $1 Million, and many of those up to $3 million.

There are a number of gated communities in Edmond that are filled with quite large and expensive homes. I would probably consider homes from 7,500 sqft to 14,000 sqft as mansions. Now, they are mostly pretty elaborate designs, so they may not fit the definition of MCMANSIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^ +1

I know some here are going to take this message as non-constructive criticism but I love Edmond and want to see it do better. I was raised there and it’s my hometown but I will never understand why many there act like it is some premier community. I guess by the state you could make that argument but it’s aesthetics are really nothing to write home about and definitely not it’s infrastructure. It basically has the same bland four lane undivided streets like most of OKC and the shopping centers are hardly upscale. Though Edmond has its charms, there is a mentality I’ve noticed on many levels not the least of which is what always seems to be publicized in articles that love to exploit the NIMBYism in the town.

In the Edmond sun article, it quoted a guy a saying “this would make sense in Denton, Texas but I’ll be damned if that flies in Edmond,” or something to that tune. Smh
    Did you ever stop to consider that people in Edmond like it the way it is and that's why things are done the way they are? I know you have some very specific opinions on how development should go, but I am just going to say that just because you are a fan doesn't mean it's just a plug and play way to make Edmond better for the people that live there. Most people that live in Edmond pick it because it is Edmond. Period. Your opinion of better doesn't necessarily seem better to everyone. Just sayin.

Now, with regards to this particular issue, the folks that live in Coffee Creek aren't going to like anything other than a golf course. That's why they bought where they did and anything other than that will be a no for them. So, this is a little different than the normal "not in my Edmond" mindset.

^^^^ in other news people have their own opinions... who knew. Obviously I’m aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Did you ever stop to consider that people in Edmond like it the way it is and that's why things are done the way they are? I know you have some very specific opinions on how development should go, but I am just going to say that just because you are a fan doesn't mean it's just a plug and play way to make Edmond better for the people that live there. Most people that live in Edmond pick it because it is Edmond. Period. Your opinion of better doesn't necessarily seem better to everyone. Just sayin.

Now, with regards to this particular issue, the folks that live in Coffee Creek aren't going to like anything other than a golf course. That's why they bought where they did and anything other than that will be a no for them. So, this is a little different than the normal "not in my Edmond" mindset.
    I want to expand on this a bit as the premise of your post is malarkey, IMO. Assuming a community shouldn’t strive to be better and change is malarkey. If you were just whining about my opinion then that’s another thing. My opinions here are obviously my own and having said that I think it is important to realize there is a healthy desire in Edmond for change. People and developers see that and it is old mentality that is holding the city back.

But by all means keep defending the status quo. I figure it’s a matter of time if OKC keeps booming that a master planned community pops up and does it right. There’s just no way to push any meaningful change with your logic as everyone would be told “no because people in Edmond moved there for the way it is.”

But I’m not naive and I understand everyone has their own ideas about how to make a community better. I’m not god nor a dictator so I have no ways of forcing my views to become reality even I wanted to. Edmond doesn’t seem to be changing all that much other than a few spots and steady growth but that status quo of endless strip malls and cookie cutter subdivisions remains with few exceptions. At least Edmond is making an effort to build divided roads unlike OKC.

The residential development passed city council.

https://kfor.com/2019/11/12/develope...n-golf-course/

I hope the commercial plan is still happening. The initial plans looked really cool and no doubt would have been a smash hit for Edmond just like Spring Creek expansion would have been.

13. Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

I think the low activity of homes on the market is an indication that most in the neighborhood probably support this. They would much rather have services and goods like this than a crap golf course. Plus, many of those holes can't really be built so there will still be parks and trails running through there.

This is getting ready to go in front of the city council again, at least there city planning notice signs up. Curious what the new plan is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I think the low activity of homes on the market is an indication that most in the neighborhood probably support this. They would much rather have services and goods like this than a crap golf course. Plus, many of those holes can't really be built so there will still be parks and trails running through there.
    Coffee Creek was far from a crap golf course and if you think people that bought in a golf course community, especially on a golf course lot, wouldn't prefer a golf course behind their house rather than a residential/commercial development, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure many there are resigned to it since they clearly don't have any control over it now anyway, but I can promise you the majority of Coffee Creek owners are still pissed/heart broken that their golf course is gone. I get the feeling that not many of you commenting on this are avid golfers or ever lived on a country club/golf course community.

16. Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

Say what you will, but when I last played there it was $16 with cart on Golf Now for 18 holes at 2pm. Course was in horrific shape. This was a few years before it shut down. I also grew up on a course not too far from here. It might have been nice in the beginning but it just didn't hold up in the long run. Coffee Creek did this neighborhood and itself a disservice when they never changed the zoning of the golf course to Agriculture from residential. Looking at the master plan I still stand by my comments. Very few houses will have someone directly behind them. Most will have some sort of buffer where trails run through. A good amount will just be open space where the course was.

20 houses have sold in the last year. 5 are under contract. 5 are For Sale. Homes are still moving and selling, although not a ton. If this new proposal was a huge con for buyers no one would be looking in here.

Say what you will, but when I last played there it was $16 with cart on Golf Now for 18 holes at 2pm. Course was in horrific shape. This was a few years before it shut down. I also grew up on a course not too far from here. It might have been nice in the beginning but it just didn't hold up in the long run. Coffee Creek did this neighborhood and itself a disservice when they never changed the zoning of the golf course to Agriculture from residential. Looking at the master plan I still stand by my comments. Very few houses will have someone directly behind them. Most will have some sort of buffer where trails run through. A good amount will just be open space where the course was.

20 houses have sold in the last year. 5 are under contract. 5 are For Sale. Homes are still moving and selling, although not a ton. If this new proposal was a huge con for buyers no one would be looking in here.
    Yeah Mike is spot on...no one who bought a house to live on the Golf Course is excited about this proposal and won't be about anything that isn't a golf course.

18. Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

Let me be clear. I am not saying they shouldn't be mad about losing a golf course. I am saying that what is being presented as the development is probably best case scenario for a crap situation.

Let me be clear. I am not saying they shouldn't be mad about losing a golf course. I am saying that what is being presented as the development is probably best case scenario for a crap situation.
    Fair enough

Signs from the dump all over the land that it’s going to be auctioned off. Hopefully the residents can purchase the land.

Not just this development, but Edmond will very soon gain a very bad reputation amongst developers and cause it to loose out on many high end developers to OKC. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not just this development, but Edmond will very soon gain a very bad reputation amongst developers and cause it to loose out on many high end developers to OKC. Oh well.
    I think Edmond has lots of people with money, and a finite amount of land. They can afford to be NIMBY and difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think Edmond has lots of people with money, and a finite amount of land. They can afford to be NIMBY and difficult.
    Its not about whether they can afford it, it has to do with developing a desirable community. Edmond is desirable sure, but given the standards of Oklahoma it isn’t hard to see why. Edmond is going to loose out on future, quality developments if it keeps pushing away any developer that proposes something other than a cookie cutter development and point to a handful of downtown developments doesn’t cut it.

Press release:

Former Coffee Creek Golf Course to be Offered at Auction
    The Heritage at Coffee Creek: A Mixed-Use Community

EDMOND, OK – Formerly known as Coffee Creek Golf Course, 189+/- acres will be offered at auction on Thursday, October 29, 2020. The Heritage at Coffee Creek: A Mixed-Use Community will be offered in six parcels allowing bidders to purchase all or part of the property with tracts ranging from 5+/- to 73+/- acres. The PUD has been approved by Edmond City Council and is ready for developers to begin work.

The PUD breaks the 189+/- acre site into four districts including: Mixed-Use Town Center Development, Mixed-Use Neighborhood Retail and Office Park Development, Medium Density Residential Development, and Traditional Residential Development. Open space and recreational areas are also a part of the plan.

“We have worked extremely hard to create a plan for a mixed-use community that the citizens of Edmond will enjoy and benefit from for years to come. The PUD has been approved by the Edmond City Council and is ready for developers to begin work. Although we’ve had some unforeseen circumstances in our personal lives and aren’t going to be able to see our vision come to fruition, our hope is that other developers and builders will take this incredible opportunity and capitalize on it,” said Kyle Copeland, Double Eagle Development, LLC, who purchased the land in 2017.

In reference to location at the southeast corner of Kelly Ave and Coffee Creek Rd., the Seller remarked, “There are few pieces of development land within the Edmond city limits with this kind of potential and we see a lot of value in that. This land is in a great central location near shopping, medical facilities, office complexes, schools, and parks. For those working in Edmond and Oklahoma City or have kids in Edmond Public Schools or Deer Creek Public Schools, this location is ideal. What an incredible opportunity to continue to build the Edmond community.”

A PUD encourages the efficient use of land resources and promotes innovation in planning and building for residential and mixed-use projects. This PUD supports the growth in Edmond for residential and office space as well as offering green space for relaxation and recreational activities.

United Country - Buford Resources Real Estate & Auction is representing the Seller. “We are excited for the City of Edmond, Coffee Creek residents, and the builders and developers interested in this property. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase, what we’ve heard from numerous area developers, ‘one of the last pieces of great development land’ in Edmond. We believe this mixed-use community will be an asset to the city of Edmond and bring tremendous quality of life to those who are involved,” said Craig Buford, Broker.

The live auction will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn and Edmond Conference Center, 2833 Conference Dr., Edmond, OK 73034, on Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 10:00 AM. Interested parties can view the PUD, video, interactive map, and additional information via the property page on the real estate and auction company’s website, BufordResources.com. You can also contact Craig Buford at 405-833-9499 or cbuford@bufordresources.com.

Thread Information