Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

If anything property values will increase as long as this is done the right way. Community input is vital in ensuring the redevelopment of the golf course will be done correctly and in an upscale manner. But the shaking of costs and hesitance to change will only further disconnect communication from the developer.

Redevelopment of the golf course??? Thought the golf course was gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Redevelopment of the golf course??? Thought the golf course was gone for good.

I think he means all of the cookie cutter McMansions soon to be built on the existing land that use to be the golf course.

4. Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

No McMansions with those lot sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    No McMansions with those lot sizes.
    And, to be fair, there's not really even any McMansions in Edmond.

Piedmont or the Southside, sure, yeah, but not Edmond.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    And, to be fair, there's not really even any McMansions in Edmond.

Piedmont or the Southside, sure, yeah, but not Edmond.
    What do you consider a McMansion? There are 32 properties currently listed for sale in Edmond of more than $1 Million, and many of those up to $3 million.

There are a number of gated communities in Edmond that are filled with quite large and expensive homes. I would probably consider homes from 7,500 sqft to 14,000 sqft as mansions. Now, they are mostly pretty elaborate designs, so they may not fit the definition of MCMANSIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^ +1

I know some here are going to take this message as non-constructive criticism but I love Edmond and want to see it do better. I was raised there and itís my hometown but I will never understand why many there act like it is some premier community. I guess by the state you could make that argument but itís aesthetics are really nothing to write home about and definitely not itís infrastructure. It basically has the same bland four lane undivided streets like most of OKC and the shopping centers are hardly upscale. Though Edmond has its charms, there is a mentality Iíve noticed on many levels not the least of which is what always seems to be publicized in articles that love to exploit the NIMBYism in the town.

In the Edmond sun article, it quoted a guy a saying ďthis would make sense in Denton, Texas but Iíll be damned if that flies in Edmond,Ē or something to that tune. Smh
    Did you ever stop to consider that people in Edmond like it the way it is and that's why things are done the way they are? I know you have some very specific opinions on how development should go, but I am just going to say that just because you are a fan doesn't mean it's just a plug and play way to make Edmond better for the people that live there. Most people that live in Edmond pick it because it is Edmond. Period. Your opinion of better doesn't necessarily seem better to everyone. Just sayin.

Now, with regards to this particular issue, the folks that live in Coffee Creek aren't going to like anything other than a golf course. That's why they bought where they did and anything other than that will be a no for them. So, this is a little different than the normal "not in my Edmond" mindset.

^^^^ in other news people have their own opinions... who knew. Obviously I’m aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Did you ever stop to consider that people in Edmond like it the way it is and that's why things are done the way they are? I know you have some very specific opinions on how development should go, but I am just going to say that just because you are a fan doesn't mean it's just a plug and play way to make Edmond better for the people that live there. Most people that live in Edmond pick it because it is Edmond. Period. Your opinion of better doesn't necessarily seem better to everyone. Just sayin.

Now, with regards to this particular issue, the folks that live in Coffee Creek aren't going to like anything other than a golf course. That's why they bought where they did and anything other than that will be a no for them. So, this is a little different than the normal "not in my Edmond" mindset.
    I want to expand on this a bit as the premise of your post is malarkey, IMO. Assuming a community shouldn’t strive to be better and change is malarkey. If you were just whining about my opinion then that’s another thing. My opinions here are obviously my own and having said that I think it is important to realize there is a healthy desire in Edmond for change. People and developers see that and it is old mentality that is holding the city back.

But by all means keep defending the status quo. I figure it’s a matter of time if OKC keeps booming that a master planned community pops up and does it right. There’s just no way to push any meaningful change with your logic as everyone would be told “no because people in Edmond moved there for the way it is.”

But I’m not naive and I understand everyone has their own ideas about how to make a community better. I’m not god nor a dictator so I have no ways of forcing my views to become reality even I wanted to. Edmond doesn’t seem to be changing all that much other than a few spots and steady growth but that status quo of endless strip malls and cookie cutter subdivisions remains with few exceptions. At least Edmond is making an effort to build divided roads unlike OKC.

The residential development passed city council.

https://kfor.com/2019/11/12/develope...n-golf-course/

Thread Information