Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

This is such sad news. As a golfer who played many of rounds there, I will miss it. A different kind of track that had its own atmosphere. Yeah, they had issues with their greens every now and then, but at least it was a different setup and very enjoyable. Now Fairfax and Silverhorn will be packed. And you might as well forget playing at Kickingbird on decent days. Maybe River Oaks goes public??

I would guess the more enterprising real estate agents will be going door-to-door, seeking out listings. Seems like a lot of nice homes could be on the market in short order.

River Oaks Country Club - $4,350,000.00 E-mail
    shRiver Oaks Country Club is a very nice 18 Hole Private golf course property. River Oaks has a one story 9,758 square foot clubhouse with a great restaurant that seats 50 with a separate area for formal functions that seats 150. They have an outside patio that will seat approximately 100 also. They have a full Bar Service and the restaurant is open daily for lunch but only opened two nights a week for members. The other nights the Restaurant and Bar are open for private bookings. The restaurant is served by a full size kitchen. There is an approximate 1,200 square foot pro shop in the clubhouse that offers a nice inventory of golf balls, tees, hats and golf apparel. There are also several executive offices for the management in the clubhouse. There is a barn type 4,800 metal golf cart storage facility that houses 80 electric golf carts. There is a separate 6,000 square foot steel maintenance building that houses all of the maintenance equipment which is all owned by the country club.
    The golf course has a lot of character to it and it is both challenging and fun to play. The golf course has Bermuda Grass fairways and Penn G-2 Bent Grass greens. The golf course has 6.5 to 7.0 foot concrete cart paths that are in good shape. There are two practice putting greens and a practice driving range that will serve approximately 40 people at a time. River Oaks has an excellent water source with 5 working water wells with a capacity of 290,000,000 Gallons Annually. The wells were installed in 2011 and the pumps have a capacity of 1,250 gallons per minute. River Oaks has Zero water costs for buying water. River Oaks has the cash flow and management inclination to keep the property and the golf course in great shape.

Makes you just want to give a big F U middle finger to River Oaks. Or at least it does me.

Is that a real estate listing for River Oaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Makes you just want to give a big F U middle finger to River Oaks. Or at least it does me.
    ??

Same owners who just sold coffee creek. F them.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I think it depends. It we're talking more condo-ish, ownership type high end luxury apartments, it would do well there, and be welcome. But generic crappy apartments don't seem to be sustainable and almost always tend to fall into disrepair.

I also think it's understandable. This is a very different situation than someone buying a high end house next to an undeveloped lot. They purchased these homes while next to a golf course. It's reasonable to assume it'd remain.
    I seriously doubt any multifamily zoning or housing change will happen at this location without a massive fight. I don't care how nice a condo complex is, if you are used to overlooking a golf course, you aren't going to like looking at any condo complex.

Considering when the people bought their houses adjacent to that land it was zoned for a golf course, I think residents should have a pretty good leg to stand on fighting a zoning change. Completely different than buying next to an empty lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Same owners who just sold coffee creek. F them.
    Maybe, that's what I misunderstood. I read, that as someone posting the description/amenities of the golf course. But yes...if that course is also, now up for sale...that some crapola.

This is relevant and somewhat interesting: http://www.construction-today.com/se...t-golf-courses

It makes you wonder how Coffee Creek is presently zoned. And I hadn't even considered the idea of environmental remediation--not that I'm saying Coffee Creek has any issues on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    This is relevant and somewhat interesting: http://www.construction-today.com/se...t-golf-courses

It makes you wonder how Coffee Creek is presently zoned. And I hadn't even considered the idea of environmental remediation--not that I'm saying Coffee Creek has any issues on that front.
    The Edmond zoning map makes it appear that the golf course is zoned single family. Oak Tree, is zoned general agriculture.

Anyone have any news on this?

Has it ever been determined what exactly is going to happen here? I noticed this week that they're dismantling the big equipment barn that you can see from Kelly.

Looks like the first round of houses have been drawn up.

http://www.edmondsun.com/news/prelim...47f0a66c9.html

The preliminary plat for Coffee Creek Phase III has been filed with the City of Edmond.
    This item is tentatively set for hearing before the Planning Commission on Sept. 19, said Steve Murdock, city attorney.
    The plat includes 191 lots and 181.91 acres of single family acres. Notes on the plat state the maintenance of the common area and the islands/medians in public rights-of-way shall be the responsibility of the property owners association.

A sidewalk plat must be approved by the city prior to its construction. Listed as the project owner and developer is SACC Investments, LLC of Edmond, according to the preliminary plat document.
    The Coffee Creek Homeowners Association has been mobilizing to counter the development of what remains of a closed down golf course. The site plan will be filed at a later date and all matters must be approved by the Edmond City Council.
    Several items have been mentioned as possible development opportunities for the project. The attorney for the Coffee Creek Homeowners Association, J. Kelley Work, told The Edmond Sun in June he could not confirm the number of apartment units, the size of commercial development, or whether there is proposed for the site a convenience store, or a nursing home. The Edmond Sun attempted to contact Work this week but learned he is out of the office until July 24.
    The land is zoned for single family, attorney Randel Shadid, said on Tuesday. The only thing in writing is that he has filed for the developer the preliminary plat for single family platted lots on the land, he said.
    “There’s no other uses right now being requested,” said Shadid, representing the developer and owner. “If we come back in the future on some of the other undeveloped property then they’ll have to file an application to rezone it.

“Right now there are no buyers and there are no uses proposed for anything else.”
    Land is available that could come before the Edmond City Council to be considered for purposes other than single family, but that depends an market conditions, Shadid said.
    “It’s all speculative right now,” Shadid said. “The only thing for certain right now is we’re asking for single family homes in the area we’re requesting to be platted.”

16. Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

That's pretty terrible. All the houses on the south side will be right under those power lines. Will have a hard time selling.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    That's pretty terrible. All the houses on the south side will be right under those power lines. Will have a hard time selling.
    Agreed. It looks like they are preserving most of the frontage on Kelley and Coffee Creek for future commercial uses. And I'm guessing the common area in the middle has some wet lands or flood plain issues that would make development infeasible.

Attached Images Attached Images

The plan is to attract a large gas station on the corner, the developer Kyle Copeland hopens someone like on cue or 7-11 would be interested

Quote Originally Posted by DickTracy View Post
    The plan is to attract a large gas station on the corner, the developer Kyle Copeland hopens someone like on cue or 7-11 would be interested
    Seems like the traffic counts could be a bit low for an On Cue. Much lower than the other Edmond locations.

33rd and Kelly: 40,882
    Broadway, Between 15th and 2nd: 32,674
    Coffee Creek and Kelly: 12,369

Source: http://edmondok.com/DocumentCenter/View/2805

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Agreed. It looks like they are preserving most of the frontage on Kelley and Coffee Creek for future commercial uses. And I'm guessing the common area in the middle has some wet lands or flood plain issues that would make development infeasible.
    That is absolutely terrible. On those tiny lots you are going to be getting 1,000-1,500 square foot houses, and probably 50% of them will be rentals. It will completely destroy property values in Coffee Creek. I really hope the city blocks this, it is complete BS that one company can come in and completely, knowingly screw over hundreds of people.

Although, I've learned that I never want to buy a house in a golf neighborhood. Which is another problem if this goes through, it will hurt property values on ever golf course in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    That is absolutely terrible. On those tiny lots you are going to be getting 1,000-1,500 square foot houses, and probably 50% of them will be rentals. It will completely destroy property values in Coffee Creek. I really hope the city blocks this, it is complete BS that one company can come in and completely, knowingly screw over hundreds of people.

Although, I've learned that I never want to buy a house in a golf neighborhood. Which is another problem if this goes through, it will hurt property values on ever golf course in the city.
    I seriously doubt this will negatively affect property values at, say, Oak Tree, or even Rose Creek, etc. I also seriously doubt someone is going to buy lots, build homes and then start renting them. Highly unlikely that will happen in the near term. I get people are upset but sometimes things happen you dont like. Whats the zoning of this? If its already residential Im not sure there a whole lot that can be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I seriously doubt this will negatively affect property values at, say, Oak Tree, or even Rose Creek, etc. I also seriously doubt someone is going to buy lots, build homes and then start renting them. Highly unlikely that will happen in the near term. I get people are upset but sometimes things happen you dont like. Whats the zoning of this? If its already residential Im not sure there a whole lot that can be done about it.
    The developer claims that most of the land purchased from Coffee Creek is already zoned single-family residential. I think the hard corner at Kelley and Coffee Creek would likely need to be rezoned for an OnCue or a similar development. Although, then again, it may not because the Club House was arguably a commercial use.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Many cheap neighborhoods start out 30+% rental and just get worse. The only way it won't affect property values at other golf courses is if people are just ignorant of it. But why would anyone pay a huge premium for a golf view knowing in a few years it could become a bunch of cheap rental houses.

They’ve now put up the large rezoning signs all over the propert. Expect this to start getting very heated.

Thread Information