Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take 5 Oil Change

Large Chain Take 5 Oil Change

They are entering Oklahoma with at least 4 locations:

May & Britton (southeast corner; current building is being demolished)
    4100 N. May (land recently cleared and Smokey's BBQ sign was there for a while)
    3024 S. Broadway in Edmond (currently a dog wash and tire repair place)
    17 S. Council (vacant Ricky's Taco building on NW corner of Reno & Council)

http://www.take5oilchange.com/

Currently have 75 locations in South Louisiana, the Mississippi Gulf Coast, North and South Carolina and coastal Alabama. There are a bunch in the DFW area.

Default Re: Take 5 Oil Change

Bah. I'm going to miss the jerky place that was on Britton and May that this is replacing.

Ah, I just noticed this morning that the Britton and May parcel had been cleared and wondered what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Bah. I'm going to miss the jerky place that was on Britton and May that this is replacing.
    There's another Beef Jerky Emporium at Kelly & Danforth, which is a lot closer to me, but yeah. Good stuff in there.

Ah, so that's what those a-holes that blocked a lane of May (backing up traffic almost to Wilshire) without any warnings or signs or cones or anything were doing (I told the head a-hole on-site that they should've put something up 'cos they're f-ing up traffic for almost a mile). I called the cops and reported them and they said "We sent an officer there already and they're doing work and they're OK there until they're done", so apparently other folks had called them too).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Ah, so that's what those a-holes that blocked a lane of May (backing up traffic almost to Wilshire) without any warnings or signs or cones or anything were doing (I told the head a-hole on-site that they should've put something up 'cos they're f-ing up traffic for almost a mile). I called the cops and reported them and they said "We sent an officer there already and they're doing work and they're OK there until they're done", so apparently other folks had called them too).
    So apparently those "a-holes" did exactly what they were supposed to do. Such "a-holes"!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesimpsons82 View Post
    So apparently those "a-holes" did exactly what they were supposed to do. Such "a-holes"!!!!!!!!
    OKC is the only city I've ever lived in that lets people do things like that without putting up cones or signs, that was my point, which you apparently missed. It happens way more than it should, and everybody just goes along with it, which gets really old.

They are also going in at 17 S. Council, which is on the NW corner of Reno.

Vacant Ricky's Tacos is there now.

The location at 4100 N. May directly across from Sam's is now well underway.

ahhh... missed this thread the first time around. noticed last weekend that the strip on may and britton had been demolished but didn't know what was going in.

Just came across this thread. They are also going to remodel the Kwik Car on Main Street in Norman to a Take 5. Bid last week. They said they are expecting a permit on the 24th with a 4 week construction time frame.

The Take 5 at 40th & May across from Sam's has the structure up already.

They are going to finish that thing fast.

Building permit for a Take 5 at 12021 S Western.

This the location at NW 41st & May:

Looks the same as the land at May & Britton.

[QUOTE=OKCisOK4me;988924]Looks the same as the land at May & Britton.[/QUOTE

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's not surprising though.

noticed this past weekend that the gas station on the sw corner of 119th & western (12021 s. western) was being demolished... so that location is coming along.

The one at 41st & N. May is almost finished.

I bet they'll be one in a few weeks.

19. Default Re: Take 5 Oil Change

They took over the Kwik Kar in Norman on Main Street. It is now a Take 5 oil change. Saw them finishing up the redo today.

They are very close to finished now on 42nd & May.

In other markets, they get very good reviews. You never leave your car and the whole process only takes 5-7 minutes.

$24.95 for basic oil change but you can get coupons that takes it down to $20.

The one at Reno and Council looks just about ready too. Signs are up on the building. I did not notice if paving is done yet.

Reno & Council:

23. Default Re: Take 5 Oil Change

Tried the one out in Norman today. It was a *ahem* well oiled machine. They have 4 bays here in Norman and I got there at 12:45 and was out by about 12:55. They have two guys underneath and four guys above doing all the work. I paid 25 dollars total for an oil change.

I would go back.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Tried the one out in Norman today. It was a *ahem* well oiled machine. They have 4 bays here in Norman and I got there at 12:45 and was out by about 12:55. They have two guys underneath and four guys above doing all the work. I paid 25 dollars total for an oil change.

I would go back.
    i hear you don't get out of your car... is that how it went down for you?

25. Default Re: Take 5 Oil Change

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i hear you don't get out of your car... is that how it went down for you?
    Yep you stay in the car. They brought me a bottled water as well.

Thread Information