Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pie Five Pizza

Default Pie Five Pizza

Received a post card in the mail for the new Pie Five Pizza in Yukon. Found this interesting due to the fact the address listed is next door to the new Johhnies Charcoal Broiler and across from Hideaway Pizza. There's an empty spot in the new shopping center, hopefully the Pie Five is going into that spot and will be up and running soon. Really like the concept.
    I did discover a new Sushi place on the south end of the new shopping center, looks like Sapporo (sp?) Sushi will be opening soon.

Default Re: Pie Five Pizza

Good luck to them going head to head with Hideaways.

I doubt it, it was probably a misprint. I would wait to see how the Pie Five that just opened down the road does before even thinking of opening another in Yukon. It just opened just over a week ago on Mustang Road/Yukon Parkway. What happened to the Pei Wei that was going into that spot next to Johnnie's? (Or was it PF Chang's?)

Quote Originally Posted by fire121 View Post
    Received a post card in the mail for the new Pie Five Pizza in Yukon. Found this interesting due to the fact the address listed is next door to the new Johhnies Charcoal Broiler and across from Hideaway Pizza. There's an empty spot in the new shopping center, hopefully the Pie Five is going into that spot and will be up and running soon. Really like the concept.
    I did discover a new Sushi place on the south end of the new shopping center, looks like Sapporo (sp?) Sushi will be opening soon.
    That is Pei Wei going in next door to Johhnies. ? I can't see another Pie Five that close to the new one over on Yukon Parkway.

I was obviously wrong. Had no idea they just opened near there. I had also heard Pei Wei was going in next to Johnnies.

So anything else in the new shopping center with the Pie Five ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Good luck to them going head to head with Hideaways.
    Been to both and at this point I'd go with Pie Five. If I want a larger pie i'll go to Empire.

Went to the Pie Five in Edmond, and I have to say that it's better than Revolve but not as good as Blaze as far as taste is concerned.

My biggest complaint about the place was just the whole ordering process, because the layout of the store just wasn't helping the process any. The ordering process is the same as the other "build and bake as you order" pizza place: get in line, pick your crust, pick your toppings, then pay, then pick up food. But there wasn't any kind of way to track the orders, either by the customer or by the workers.

Nobody got a number or anything like that, and as far as we could tell there wasn't any way for them to track that "Order X has Pizza A, Pizza B, and Side C". There also wasn't any order to how things were put into the oven. We ordered 3 pizzas, an order of bread sticks, and an order of cinnamon sticks. The folks that did our pizzas got them topped off and put them in the oven. Then they build the pizzas of the people behind us and put them in the oven. Then a worker in a different area build our bread sticks and put them in the oven. Then other customers got their pizza in the oven. Then our cinnamon sticks made it in the oven. By the time it was all done, there was no way for them to tell what items coming out of the oven belonged to the same order. They figured it out by taking the pizza out of the oven, cutting it up, putting it on the counter while yelling out "pepperoni". So in order to get your food you are standing around a bunch of other people who are all crowding the counter to try to figure out which pizza is the one they ordered. To top it off, the pickup area is on the counter in front of the registers. So you are having to reach between people who are still in line ordering and waiting to pay to get your food. Waiting on and picking up the food felt like standing at the luggage carousel at an airport.

Between the whole "different people building different parts of your order and loading them in the oven at different times" thing, and the "put random food on the counter for random people to pick up thing" we ended up with someone picking up our cinnamon sticks while I was carrying the breadsticks to our table and my kids were done with their pizza by the time I got everything picked up and was able to sit down and eat mine. Even if the pizza would have tasted better, I don't think I would be going back.

Thread Information