Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pawhuska - The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

1. Default Re: Pawhuska - The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Amen. And 2nd on the "glad to see you!"
    Aw shucks, and glad to be back.

Default Re: Pawhuska - The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    The history of Osage County isn't good. The Drummond came out winners from a ugly place and time in our state's history. How did they do that?
    That's the question that no one on here seems to want to answer. Everyone is just insinuating. Is there hard evidence, legal documents, etc. that says they murdered people?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    That's the question that no one on here seems to want to answer. Everyone is just insinuating. Is there hard evidence, legal documents, etc. that says they murdered people?
    I doubt they murdered anyone, I would think that would be known. Lie, cheat and steal from the Osage to take land is more what I am guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I doubt they murdered anyone, I would think that would be known. Lie, cheat and steal from the Osage to take land is more what I am guessing.
    All i'll say is read the book. The book spans about 4 years. The murders went on for 10 years prior and well after the four years outlined in the book.

I have no idea, but most in the county that was non indian seemed to gain.

A white man could deem an Osage incompetent and be appointed custodian of their money and affairs. Think about that. If they were convicted of murder of an Osage or any tribal indian for that matter, 'since it was just an indian', they only got 10 years max in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I have no idea, but most in the county that was non indian seemed to gain.
    See, you keep saying things like this. You say that you don't know but then go on to insinuate that the Drummonds were involved in nefarious dealings. It just doesn't add up to me. If all this took place in the '20s and it was over oil, it just doesn't make sense for the Drummonds. They started ranching well before this happened and they were/are ranchers, not oil men. Again, I don't know any of the Drummonds and have no reason to defend them other than this just seems to be a smear campaign by a bunch of people who have no hard facts to back up their assertions that the Drummonds are evil people who killed, lied, cheated, and stole land.

See, you keep saying things like this. You say that you don't know but then go on to insinuate that the Drummonds were involved in nefarious dealings. It just doesn't add up to me. If all this took place in the '20s and it was over oil, it just doesn't make sense for the Drummonds. They started ranching well before this happened and they were/are ranchers, not oil men. Again, I don't know any of the Drummonds and have no reason to defend them other than this just seems to be a smear campaign by a bunch of people who have no hard facts to back up their assertions that the Drummonds are evil people who killed, lied, cheated, and stole land.
    These Drummonds are probably clean in this regard. It's what happened in the late 1800's through the 1930's that I wonder about.

Remember, a white man could deem any Osage incompetent, and be awarded the custodianship of the indian. The book outlines how the Indians lost MILLIONS due to this. Hell, even the doctors are the ones poisoning tribal members so their buddies could get their headrights.

The FBI had to appoint Texas Rangers to clean up the crooked cops, lawyers, doctors, ranchers and sheriffs to get to the bottom of the mess.

7. Default Re: Pawhuska - The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    has a bit of Down's or something.
    What an incredibly insensitive thing to say! Down syndrome is a genetic disorder that a person is either has or does not have. If you don't know if someone has it or not it's probably best not to go throwing that kind of language around.

It was a total cover up by just about everyone in power. And when someone (another white person) found out then they were murdered too.

9. Default Re: Pawhuska - The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

I am flabbergasted that some in this thread think that it is so harmlessly inconsequential to gratuitously bandy some particular names around no more importantly than flicking a fly off ones buttocks, under the protection of anonymity, as though it was harmless or meaningless, and with no personal responsibility for one's remarks. It is neither. Words matter.

As I recall, this thread is about "The Pioneer Woman," not an analysis of her husband's or extended family as being involved in past years alleged, implied or inferred crimes or misdeeds, true or false as they may or may not be.

I ask a favor: when the time comes to directly or indirectly accuse me of something (and perhaps that time will come), if it is within you to do so, please do it to my face.

I may have been mistaken in thinking that the time was right to rejoin OKCTalk. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    As I recall, this thread is about "The Pioneer Woman,"
    I was just thinking that. I thought this thread was about The Pioneer Woman/The Mercantile. Instead, so many of the posts seem to boil down to "the white man screwed the red man, especially in Oklahoma". I'm shocked for two reasons. 1, I can't find the connection to the subject at hand, and 2, some people had to read a book to figure that one out?

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    I was just thinking that. I thought this thread was about The Pioneer Woman/The Mercantile. Instead, so many of the posts seem to boil down to "the white man screwed the red man, especially in Oklahoma". I'm shocked for two reasons. 1, I can't find the connection to the subject at hand, and 2, some people had to read a book to figure that one out?

I've been here 64 years, you hear a lot in that time period, but when it becomes factual in black and white, it makes a difference.

There are some sad, little people on this board. They want to criticize and tear down anything that might be positive about Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    What an incredibly insensitive thing to say! Down syndrome is a genetic disorder that a person is either has or does not have. If you don't know if someone has it or not it's probably best not to go throwing that kind of language around.
    It's not insensitive. I don't know what he is afflicted with, but it kind of reminds me of Downs. I got a kid with his own issues, I don't need lectures from you about sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    There are some sad, little people on this board. They want to criticize and tear down anything that might be positive about Oklahoma.
    It started out as a critique of Ree's genuine home town girl facade. Which admittedly can't be proven one way or another. Fair or not, the Mercantile is selling that image, not just some home cooked food and kitchen wares. People don't fly from all over the country just to have average southern food and buy really expensive plates.

So the woman who sells herself as an "accidental small town girl" and admits that she didn't grow up as a small town girl, is deceiving people because she's not country?

16. Default Re: Pawhuska - The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

Bartlesville is small town to most. It happens to be a very nice small town.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    So the woman who sells herself as an "accidental small town girl" and admits that she didn't grow up as a small town girl, is deceiving people because she's not country?
    All I can say is do you all believe everything you see on TV. For real people.

It started out as a critique of Ree's genuine home town girl facade. Which admittedly can't be proven one way or another. Fair or not, the Mercantile is selling that image, not just some home cooked food and kitchen wares. People don't fly from all over the country just to have average southern food and buy really expensive plates.
    Whatever you say.

All I can say is do you all believe everything you see on TV. For real people.
    Good grief, man, we get it. Did she steal your lunch money while looking at a "big city" travel guide once?

The woman who's plastered within her biographical and mentions in her show's open that she's an "accidental small town girl" and makes plain her original life plan to go to the Big City ended up landing her in a small town is really a lying, horrendous fake who hates small towns. You hate her, she's fake, we should all hate her. We're all over 21, we get that TV isn't 100% authentic, and anyone who thinks she's even 25% authentic is just a dumb sycophant.

Get a dog. Plant some flowers. Something. Whatever.

Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Good grief, man, we get it. Did she steal your lunch money while looking at a "big city" travel guide once?

The woman who's plastered within her biographical and mentions in her show's open that she's an "accidental small town girl" and makes plain her original life plan to go to the Big City ended up landing her in a small town is really a lying, horrendous fake who hates small towns. You hate her, she's fake, we should all hate her. We're all over 21, we get that TV isn't 100% authentic, and anyone who thinks she's even 25% authentic is just a dumb sycophant.

Get a dog. Plant some flowers. Something. Whatever.

Move on.
    You forgot to add that she killed Indians for their oil. Read that book. It can't be proven but why not make wild assumptions.

You forgot to add that she killed Indians for their oil. Read that book. It can't be proven but why not make wild assumptions.
    You're such a smart guy.........

So now this thread is dead. This thread started out kinda interesting but has been killed because of people having personal vendettas with Ree.

They killed the thread like the family killed for land...

Read the book*. It'll really open your eyes.

*Disclaimer: The book doesn't have a damn thing to do with the topic at hand. But it'll totally open your eyes**.

** Assuming you somehow weren't already aware the native americans REALLY got screwed.

Read the book*. It'll really open your eyes.

*Disclaimer: The book doesn't have a damn thing to do with the topic at hand. But it'll totally open your eyes**.

** Assuming you somehow weren't already aware the native americans REALLY got screwed.
    Is this book for sale at the Mecantile?

Thread Information