Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hall's Pizza Kitchen

Midtown Hall's Pizza Kitchen

This was posted in the Midtown thread but deserves one of its own.

Hall's Pizza Kitchen -- a popular food truck -- is planning a brick-and-mortar location in the Swanson's Tire development.

They will be taking the 2-story space at the east end of the north building.

In the third image you can see the floorplan captured from their video announcement. Looks like the kitchen, bar and some tables on the ground floor then seating on the 2nd level.

Default Re: Hall's Pizza Kitchen

I only just discovered them back during one of the H&8th gatherings. This is awesome news. I hope they do as well there as their truck business seems to have!

Is there a target opening date for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStrings View Post
    Is there a target opening date for this?
    They are just getting started on construction and that building is beyond raw. This was from a couple of weeks ago... Didn't even have a 2nd level yet.

Blog Entries

Midtown Re: Hall's Pizza Kitchen

Do I have the building right? Is this the future Hall's balcony/patio?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3341.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	13574

Yes.

Here's a better photo. Construction is moving fast now and this is going to be a great spot.

The top level will be 1/3 inside, 1/3 covered patio and 1/3 open air.

As you can see, they've added an overhead door that opens to the alleyway.

Just to the left is the Barrios patio.

Here is one from today:

9. Default Re: Hall's Pizza Kitchen

I've seen they plan to open the permanent location on May 15th.... Uncovering Oklahoma posted a lot of pictures on their FB page and it looks pretty amazing.

It looked like they were having an event or they were open when I walked by today.

They had a soft opening @ lunch today. The rooftop is fantastic.

I'm going this weekend and will take some photos.

Was @ one of the soft opening spots on Saturday and this place is fantastic. Pretty sure I saw a lot of regulars from OKCTalk during my lunch.

The space is very cool and urban. Rooftop is going to be amazing this summer, and most of it will be shaded. I was surprised at the amount of indoor seating and lounging, especially upstairs. They did a great job utilizing all of the square footage they have.

Staff was great of course, very young staff - but you could tell they were seasoned and 'in the industry'.

The pizza was fantastic as always, just like the pizzas they sell out of the truck. The salad was surprisingly good and a non-side portion could be your whole meal. After the salad and pizza we moved onto desserts. We went with the brownie and shortcake. The brownie was probably the best brownie I've ever had. And the shortcake was really good and made/warmed in the kitchen @ order, so it was very fresh.

I will definitely be returning.

This whole block is really turning around.

They formally open today.

Went Saturday night and absolutely loved the space. They spent a lot of money on this project and paid great attention to detail.

The upstairs deck is the place to be but I really like the downstairs as well.

Amazingly, this is the only pizza place in all of Midtown, although Hideaway is somewhat close on Auto Alley.

Their pizza is darn good and rather than ordering one of their quite large $20 pies (one size, one price regardless of toppings) you can also order slices.

15. Default Re: Hall's Pizza Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Their pizza is darn good and rather than ordering one of their quite large $20 pies (one size, one price regardless of toppings) you can also order slices.
    Nice... Several of us from the office are going to check it out Thursday for lunch.... Slices will be a great option for us.

They have an expanded menu as well, with salads and other things. More comprehensive than their truck.

Kudos to the Hall family for making such a big investment in OKC and doing this right.

I was there Saturday evening with a couple of friends. I echo all the above reviews! Pizza was great, the vibe was awesome and the desserts sublime. It is a win win win for Midtown!

I'm super excited about this! walking distance from my place, might be some trouble for me :-)

19. Default Re: Hall's Pizza Kitchen

Tried it for lunch today and will definitely be going back.... Already talk of having an after work company get together on the roof in a few weeks.

I echo everyone else's comments. Went last night and had a slice of the lasagna pizza and the samwise - both were very good and had tons of flavor. Also had the burrata which was absolutely killer - though a little pricey at $14 for an appetizer.

tried this place out today... the pizza was great. crust was awesome... was just the right amount of char and had the right amount of chewiness. toppings were delicious... i especially liked the simplicity of their sauce... really let the taste of the tomatoes come out. as good as the pizza was, the salted caramel chocolate chip cookie was the star of the show... the cookie was baked to perfection... lightly crispy on the edges but chewy throughout... loved the saltiness of the caramel combined with the typical chocolate chip cookie flavors.

the only thing that i didn't particularly like was the service... everybody was friendly and attentive, but perhaps too much so. i was trying to carry on a conversation with my co-worker and felt like they were constantly interrupting for stuff that didn't matter... like asking if water needed to be topped off... i mean, it's water... just do it. you don't have to interrupt a customer's conversation (again) just to check.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i was trying to carry on a conversation with my co-worker and felt like they were constantly interrupting for stuff that didn't matter... like asking if water needed to be topped off... i mean, it's water... just do it. you don't have to interrupt a customer's conversation (again) just to check.
    I had this experience as well... probably just a learning thing for particular staff members maybe... I mean, I've had this problem elsewhere as well, so wouldn't pin it to a Hall's issue...

HangryHippo Guest

It's odd to me that stuff like this is considered a problem. I understand it's a little bit annoying to be interrupted for water, but I'd much prefer being asked too much to going without.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's odd to me that stuff like this is considered a problem. I understand it's a little bit annoying to be interrupted for water, but I'd much prefer being asked too much to going without.
    i'm definitely not going to say that it ruined my visit... will probably be back at some point. it's definitely just a training issue as this is such a new place. while i do agree that it's better to be pestered than to be ignored... constantly interrupting a customer just lacks polish. in the case of the water (which wasn't the only instance) the server could have just saw that we were in the middle of talking and just topped off the glass instead of having us stop everything we were doing. if that was the only time that happened it wouldn't have been a big deal... it just felt pretty constant today. there are plenty of ways to make sure that a guest is doing ok without having to interrupt.

It can be annoying.

Had the same experience at HeyDay last week. Must have asked if "everything was okay" 5 or 6 times.

Usually the case of a new wait person being overly anxious.

Thread Information