Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insomnia Cookies

1. Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

Patronized this place a couple of times now. IMO you get a better cookie consistently when you order delivery. The office has had cookies delivered three times now and each time they were very, very good (s'mores for me).

However, the two times I went in person to order at the counter, the cookies were not as good - as in, they had obviously been sitting in the warming drawer under the register for long enough to stiffen up. Sure, they were 'warm', but they were also verging on hard (except the for the very center).

Additionally, both times they had hardly anything ready to go in quantities over 4-5 of any one flavor. Each time I've tried to get 6-10 s'mores and was told they didn't have that many on hand and it would be 20 minutes to make more.

I'm guessing when you place an order for delivery they cook them up fresh and deliver right out of the oven.

I'm sure there are times you can arrive at the counter as they are coming out of the oven - but, I haven't been that fortunate.

I've got their number in my phone now, so I can call ahead and get fresh cookies to pickup.

Otherwise, really pretty good. Haven't done the ice cream yet.

Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

I heard a second OKC location is in the works, but I'm not sure where it is going.

A vendor recently ordered me a box of cookies for my birthday. My office was right outside the delivery area though, and as a result they were shipped out of PA? They got to me a week after my birthday and their cookie tracker says it's still in the process of being shipped out. Needless to say they were stale.

I reached out to their customer service about this and their solution? Go to the OKC location and buy more cookies. Yeah right....

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    A vendor recently ordered me a box of cookies for my birthday. My office was right outside the delivery area though, and as a result they were shipped out of PA? They got to me a week after my birthday and their cookie tracker says it's still in the process of being shipped out. Needless to say they were stale.

I reached out to their customer service about this and their solution? Go to the OKC location and buy more cookies. Yeah right....
    Buy more cookie?.. ummm no.. that is disappointing

I will never go here again. I used to order from here all the time. Chris, one of the delivery drivers knows me by name and knows I do a lot of business with them so always rushes my order when it comes in. I work just south of the Capitol so I usually order delivery, but pick up from time to time. The service there has never been great, but it wasn't an issue until yesterday.

I should preface this by saying I worked in retail for a long time, I also bartended and waited tables for several years. I know what people go through when working in the service industry and usually look for the best in people. If the food is wrong or slow at a restaurant, I always give the waitstaff the benefit of the doubt.

On Tuesday, I placed an order on the app for 50 cookies to be picked up on Thursday as part of a lunch tray. I wanted to pick them up at 11:45, but when I chose that time, it moved it to noon for me without notifying me.

Fast forward to Thursday and I go to get my cookies at 11:45. The sign on the door says to order online or call for your pick up. I call the number on the sign and proceed to sit on hold for five minutes without talking to anyone. I'm out front of the store and I see people working so I try to wave them down to get their attention. They look at me but then don't acknowledge me. I start to knock on the window when I see someone, for the simple act of asking a question about my order as no one on the phone has picked up. So, every time I see someone, I knock on the window.

Finally, someone comes to the door and asks rudely why I am knocking on the window at them. I tell them because I have an order and no one will pick up the phone. He told me to stop knocking on the window as that is rude and my order won't be ready until noon, walks away and locks the door. In 15 minutes, my colleague and I go back and he proceeds to tell her it was disrespectful to knock on the door and I should have called. She said I did and no one would answer. She asks what I should have done and he said to not knock on the window, closes the door, locks it and walks away.

I have been ordering here for three years and the service inside was never great, but this made me never want to go there again. I guess I can order from Browns, Roxy's or go to Tiff's Treats when they open in the Steelyard.

Considering that they now have competition from Tiffs Treats you would think they would need to step up their game.

Just about every food service place -- and many others -- are having a terrible time finding workers.

They are basically taking anyone willing to turn up.

. . . they are not doing themselves any favors After being on hold for over 5 minutes I gave up and contacted corporate via mail and shared my experience and the pertinent part (no name/identifiable characteristics) of Warren88's post. This was their response:

Thank you for reaching out to us! I apologize about the inconvenience. Unfortunately, our store's do not take their own calls. Instead, everything is directed towards our nation Customer Service call center. Due to a high volume of customers, we frequently have long hold times to speak with a representative. For the inconvenience, I have sent a follow up email that contains a coupon code for 2 free cookies on your next minimum order!

We appreciate you providing us with that feedback from the message board. I will be sure to pass it along to the management team of that bakery so that they can properly address this issue in store.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Kindly,

Haley
    Customer Service
    Insomnia Cookies

and. . .the coupon is for 2 cookies with a minimum $6 order for delivery only. . .which you have to place on on line.
    Major Fail. . .
    Last edited by foodiefan; 04-24-2021 at 04:47 PM. Reason: clarification

“ our store's do not take their own calls. ”

And that’s enough to make me decide to not ever support this company again. Even Walmart allows you to get through to their stores and usually they are good about it. Yet a small cookie company can’t do it? Thanks but no thanks. That story from WarrenG made my blood boil. I can’t stand people acting like that.

10. Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

I've met the people from Tiff's Treats - and I've also had a few sketchy experiences at Insomnia, even pre-pandemic - and my guess is that Insomnia is going to have to SERIOUSLY step up its game.

Yikes. I can’t stand places that force all calls to central call centers.

I called my local bank to see about notary service, and she said “well it depends on the location.” I said, “your location” and she responded that it was a central call center and they don’t take general calls at the local branches.

Well, I was reluctant to share this as I am usually not one to complain. Ask Pete or Chad, I’m a pretty easy going guy. I have worked as a bartender and in retail, I have all the respect in the world for people that do that and am usually very patient. This one set me right the f$&k off though. There is no need to be rude, especially when someone is trying to give you money. I have posted google and Yelp reviews sharing the same info. I tried to email corporate, but it wouldn’t go through. I guess I will have to call and file a complaint.

On tiffs treats, do they deliver?

Well, the address is cookiedelivery.com, so I solved that one...

14. Default Re: Insomnia Cookies

^^^^^
    Yep! And if you go to their website it generally has a link to get a free dozen delivered to yourself or someone else. Plus they’ve routinely been setting up a food tuck in the ballpark plaza giving away free preview cookies. What’s not to like?

I did the free dozen delivery from Tiff's - excellent cookies too! Warm and soft! Disappointed to hear all of this about Insomnia.

Definitely a ways north but I think the cookies at Crumbl near Penn and Memorial are fantastic. The cookies are huge and there are new flavors to try each week. They do run out of supply constantly, though, so you gotta keep an eye on the app/website for availability or get there just at the right time to get certain flavors.

I’ve had Crumbl and can confirm they are great. What I liked about insomnia is that they were basic cookies, but really good. Crumbl cookies are huge and I don’t know many people who would eat one by themselves. Tiffs will probably be my go to when they open.

They're losing a lot of business over this. A few weeks ago, I called and put in an order. The person taking my order was confused when I said "this is for the Midtown location." She sounded confused and said "Don't you mean the Oklahoma location?" That's when I realize this was a person not in the store but someone from a call center.

It took 35 minutes before my order came out. Doors were locked. In the time span of me waiting, at least a dozen people walked up and left because they were phone orders only.

Good point. I will also say you just have to look at their recent google and Yelp reviews to see that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing i and several others on here have experience.

Thread Information