Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: SEC NW 50th & Western

Blog Entries

Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

Courtesy Wikipedia:
    Pente was created in 1977 by Gary Gabrel, a dishwasher at Hideaway Pizza

Western Avenue Grand Opening Set!

THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER! Join us for the Grand Opening of our newest Hideaway Pizza at 5022 N. Western Avenue in Oklahoma City (50th & May) on Wednesday, July 25, from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Because Hideaway Pizza was founded in 1957, we're awarding the first 57 people through the doors at 11 a.m. with a goodie bag that includes a $57 gift card, a Dr Pepper Yeti Tumbler, plus many other goodies. To make it interesting, ONE bag will contain a gift card for FREE PIZZA FOR A YEAR!

Please Note: You may arrive at any time, but numbered tickets will be distributed to those in line at beginning at 8 a.m. When the doors open at 11 a.m., guests with tickets will be allowed to enter first in order to claim their prize. You must be 18 years old or older to claim a ticket.

Don't want to wait in line? We get it. Beginning on Wednesday, July 25, the first 200 carry-out orders that include at least 2 large pizzas will receive a FREE Hideaway Pizza Hot Bag. First come, first served. Online or phone orders only.

We'll be celebrating all week so don't forget to enter to win one of our great door prizes: ◦ Mountain Bike ◦ Calloway Golf Bag ◦ Dr. Pepper Stadium Sherpa Blankets (2) Door prize winners will be selected and announced on Wednesday, August 1. Winners must be able to pick up prizes from the new Western Avenue Hideaway Pizza.

3. Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    According to https://hideawaypizza.com/content/family-tradition

Apparently the founder really liked kites.
    He was super kind to me in a phone call maybe a decade ago. In 2007 when I was opening a store that featured made-in-Oklahoma and Oklahoma-themed products, I felt like kites would be a great fit and look really great hung up in the store. Someone suggested I call him for advice. He took my call and we probably chatted for half an hour as he gave me ideas about Oklahoma kite makers, running a business, and life in general...even Pente! I really appreciated the time he took. R.I.P.

By the way, he always only owned the first Hideaway, in Stillwater. The rest of the chain was (is) owned by former employees who expanded under an agreement with Mr. Dermer.

4. Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

That store will be the third or fourth closest to us but we will have to see it and from watching the construction it might become our go to Hideaway. The building really looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    One of their other locations (can't remember which, maybe the one on Western this is replacing) has kites all over the dining area. Is there a story behind the kite thing? Just curious
    I believe it is the NW Expressway location that has a lot of kites. The old Western Location didn't have many, if any at all after the fire, can't remember if they had any before the fire. I know the Yukon on doesn't have any either. Not sure about the Stillwater location, never been inside of that one.

6. Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

I saw a bunch of people line up around 7:30 this morning for the giveaways. Excited for the new location.

Took this just before the 11AM opening.

Some photos of opening day from the Hideaway FB page:

Tulsa Teachers Federal Credit Union bought the parcel directly south of HIdeaway.

I assume they will be builiding for their own purpose on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Tulsa Teachers Federal Credit Union bought the parcel directly south of HIdeaway.
    Sign is up but no permits have been filed.

13. Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

Hard to believe we're still building all these physical bank branches. The Blockbuster Videos of the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Hard to believe we're still building all these physical bank branches. The Blockbuster Videos of the near future.
    At least this is a smallish footprint. Credit unions I can understand physical locations more than regular banks. There have been a few times I've had to swing by to physically sign papers or drop off a check for an out of band transaction to my credit union.

Just to be clear, the credit union is going south of Hideaway along Western.

The images I just posted above are for the parcel east of Hideaway. Some sort of small commercial building.

Hmmm, something with a double drive-thru! Some sort of coffee shop, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Hmmm, something with a double drive-thru! Some sort of coffee shop, perhaps?
    Probably a Starbucks similar to the newish one at NW 23rd and Robinson.

Just to be clear, the credit union is going south of Hideaway along Western.

The images I just posted above are for the parcel east of Hideaway. Some sort of small commercial building.
    Ah, I see. Thanks.

Just learned the building along NW 50th with the double drive-thru will be an HTeaO.

Just learned the building along NW 50th with the double drive-thru will be an HTeaO.

^^ perfect!

There will be some very happy teachers in the area.

Probably a Starbucks similar to the newish one at NW 23rd and Robinson.
    The internet troll in me hopes that the inevitable Starbucks in this area ends up in Classen Circle. I'd feel bad for our city, but it would be tremendous content.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The internet troll in me hopes that the inevitable Starbucks in this area ends up in Classen Circle. I'd feel bad for our city, but it would be tremendous content.
    If this weren't OKC I'd say a Starbucks in the Classen Circle building would be great as it would mean the structure would be saved with Starbucks being a tenant. However given that this is OKC we're talking about that would surely mean the destruction of it since we love to tear down anything historic and unique.

Yeah, that’s the issue. Bad enough that we’re seemingly halfway already to demolition by neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Yeah, that’s the issue. Bad enough that we’re seemingly halfway already to demolition by neglect.
    You're not kidding. I went to HiLo the other week and repairs are badly needed.

Thread Information