Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SEC NW 50th & Western

Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

2 more buildings going on that parcel; scroll up to see.

2. Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

I’ve looked at those drawings several times without paying attention to who the architect was. Helps to have an urban-minded one. Barrett has done a lot of HP work, some quality urban stuff and served for a while as the Main Street architect for the Oklahoma Department of Commerce’s Main Street Program. Glad to see him bringing more of a street wall to Western, along with his team/clients. Looks like the frontage along 50th could even eventually support another building if parking were incorporated into the structure.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    2 more buildings going on that parcel; scroll up to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I’ve looked at those drawings several times without paying attention to who the architect was. Helps to have an urban-minded one. Barrett has done a lot of HP work, some quality urban stuff and served for a while as the Main Street architect for the Oklahoma Department of Commerce’s Main Street Program. Glad to see him bringing more of a street wall to Western, along with his team/clients. Looks like the frontage along 50th could even eventually support another building if parking were incorporated into the structure.
    Urbanized ended up saying what I meant to/should have - that the frontage along 50th could support another building.

4. Default Re: SEC NW 50th & Western

^ for future development.

I love how at the very least, the building fronts the corner with the parking in the back and to the side. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Is there a projected opening for new Hideaway? Will they wait until all the buildings are complete or will they go ahead and open once Hideaway is ready?

They still have a ton of interior finish work.

Took these on Sunday:

Blog Entries

Sounds like 2019 then?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Sounds like 2019 then?
    No, I'd say early fall.

It makes me sad to see another opportunity to add a dedicated right turn lane has been lost.

The opening date will be July 11.

On the southwest corner of this intersection, the exisiting building is being renovated for Hom, a kitchen and bath store.

Getting very close, although the outdoor patio area is still mud.

love how this place is shaping up.

i must mistunderstand something about ada compliance... i was under the impression that if there is a second story then it has to be accessible via stair lift or elevator but i don't see either of those things here.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

i must mistunderstand something about ada compliance... i was under the impression that if there is a second story then it has to be accessible via stair lift or elevator but i don't see either of those things here.
    I don't know ADA compliance either, but would it have anything to do with the fact that the second story is just more seating. In other words, seating is already accessible on the first floor. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I don't know ADA compliance either, but would it have anything to do with the fact that the second story is just more seating. In other words, seating is already accessible on the first floor. Just a guess.
    We were not required to put an elevator in for our second floor. We wanted to turn the area over our garage into a 2nd floor outside patio though and we were told if we did...it would put us over a square footage minimum that would require the installation of an elevator. Thus....no patio

The reason no elevator was required is that it is a mezzanine, which is counted as part of the ground floor. Technically, it is a one story building.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blwarch View Post
    The reason no elevator was required is that it is a mezzanine, which is counted as part of the ground floor. Technically, it is a one story building.
    gotcha... that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnokc
    We were not required to put an elevator in for our second floor. We wanted to turn the area over our garage into a 2nd floor outside patio though and we were told if we did...it would put us over a square footage minimum that would require the installation of an elevator. Thus....no patio
    that was my first guess... that maybe there wasn't enough square footage to fall under the requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    The opening date will be July 11.
    Hideaway now says the first date will be July 18. That may change...

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Hideaway now says the first date will be July 18. That may change...
    They still haven't announced anything, and I keep asking them about it.

Mural proposed to tie in with the other murals further south on Western.

One of their other locations (can't remember which, maybe the one on Western this is replacing) has kites all over the dining area. Is there a story behind the kite thing? Just curious

I think a majority of their locations have kites hung all over the dining area.

According to https://hideawaypizza.com/content/family-tradition

Pizza was delivered on campus through the 1960s and 1970s via one of the largest fleets of Volkswagen Beetles in the U.S. Creatively painted by the employees, the VW bugs became an iconic symbol for the company along with vintage kites (Dermer was President of the American Kitefliers Association), collage art and the board game Pente.
    Apparently the founder really liked kites.

Pente!

Wow, so 80's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They still haven't announced anything, and I keep asking them about it.

Mural proposed to tie in with the other murals further south on Western.

I saw the application for this mural online but didn't see the address and just presumed it was for the asian district because of the dragon. Ooops.

Thread Information