Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mustang-native and inspirational NFL DL Dennis Byrd passed away this morning.

Default Mustang-native and inspirational NFL DL Dennis Byrd passed away this morning.

I well recall how moved our city was when he suffered his injury as well as when he slowly recovered from it. I also remember when his TV-movie was filmed at Bronco Stadium; I lived just down the street from the stadium and was wondering what all the hubbub was about on a non-football night. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to meet him. The City of Mustang lost an inspiring Bronco today.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...homa-car-crash
    http://es.pn/2eaR2fO
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: Mustang-native and inspirational NFL DL Dennis Byrd passed away this morning.

The word 'inspiration' is thrown around so easily these days, but damn. This man truly was. Broke his neck, doctors told him he was done walking. What was his response? "You just watch.".

Default Re: Mustang-native and inspirational NFL DL Dennis Byrd passed away this morning.

I met him when he was home from college for the summer through him coming to my home for a hail damage estimate. IMO Dennis ran around on roofs like one of those parkour kids. Amazingly athletic. So sorry he wasn't given the chance to climb another one of lifes mountains. Inspiring! Prayers to the Byrd Family.

Thread Information