Widgets Magazine

Thread: Crawfish Pot OKC

South OKC Crawfish Pot OKC

Noticed a new place going in tonight in the shopping center on SW side of I240 and Penn. (2142 West I240 Service Rd) This is just east of the old Pancho's and behind the Western Sizzle/Mackie McNear's. The sign says The Crawfish Pot and isn't quite yet ready but looks to be opening soon. Looks to be close and are now hiring. Facebook says they are a seafood place. I hope it is more cajun though. Here is FB page https://www.facebook.com/thecrawfish...PAGES_TIMELINE

Anybody know anything about them?

Default Re: Crawfish Pot OKC

this spot was august moon for decades until the owner retired. a few years ago, it then briefly became a thai place for a month or two. after that, somebody rebranded it "omg fusion" or something like that but i don't think it ever actually opened... so, i'll be pleasantly surprised if this place makes it to opening day and actually serves food.

The good news is the fake reviews say it is Cajun food, and it is delicious.

The bad news is the reviews are obviously fake.

Menu looks great. I had several friends go the other night (One of whom has family roots in Louisiana and they had great reviews of the crawfish and gumbo. Will be trying soon

6. Default Re: Crawfish Pot OKC

Dang I was hoping to see some version of a Natchitoches Meat Pie on that menu.... Even if it was one the the mass produced ones made at the meat pie factory in Coushatta.

They use live crawfish. One of the only places that doesn't use frozen crawfish that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    They use live crawfish. One of the only places that doesn't use frozen crawfish that I know of.
    Can you get live crawfish year round? I thought there was a pretty short season for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Can you get live crawfish year round? I thought there was a pretty short season for them.
    Yes, there is a crawfish "season," which runs from March through mid-Summer, I believe. I'm sure they can get live crawfish year round, but the quality (size) will most likely decrease and the price will probably be much higher. I don't think it would be make much financial sense for them to get live crawfish year round, as people who like to eat it usually wait for the season, because of the reasons I stated above. I would think they would have to use frozen crawfish in the off season, to eliminate so much waste.

Are there not mud bug farms, similar to trout farms, etc.?

Thread Information