Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Oklahoma’s request for Real ID Act extension denied

Default Re: Oklahoma’s request for Real ID Act extension denied

My passport renewal with ID card came in the mail today. I’ll be getting a new OK real ID when it’s convenient for me.

my license expires 3/31/2020. Anyone know what it costs to get a new ID?

I can't remember how long a license can be expired before you have to take the driving exam again, is it immediately?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    my license expires 3/31/2020. Anyone know what it costs to get a new ID?

I can't remember how long a license can be expired before you have to take the driving exam again, is it immediately?
    My son's license expired some years ago; he had to take & pass the written test again. Wasn't allowed to operate a vehicle until he passed the test & renewed with fees paid (temporary license isued); they mailed his official license within 30 days.

Below is a link with the fees listed by the Department of Public Safety for Oklahoma drivers' license and personal identification:

https://www.ok.gov/dps/Renew_an_Okla...Card/Fees.html

Included in the link above is information/documents needed for your REAL ID (see Click here for more information after opening the link).

Would it be rude to mention that my license renewal is free? Of course, I'm old and no longer drive so I think I would be more than happy to pay if I wasn't so danged old.
    C. T.

Default Re: OklahomaÂ’s request for Real ID Act extension denied

It's a shame the state website is so poor you can't get an answer to those simple questions. I looked.

This site says 60 days before you have to pay a late renewal fee. 2 years before you have to retest. https://www.etags.com/blog/drivers-license/oklahoma/

i would talk to a tag agent.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, most tag agencies usually refer you to one of the Department of Public Safety offices. That's where we had to go to get my son's license renewed at the time because his license had expired.

Blog Entries

One of the articles posted here previously I think stated ~$44 for a RealID

8. Default Re: Oklahoma’s request for Real ID Act extension denied

Well and watch about when it's available and where. Remember at first, it won't be available at all tag agencies so you'll have to go to one of the listed locations if you want one in April. Looks like by the end of August, it should be available at all agencies.

Good timing for me because mine expires next spring. So i wont have to get one and then get one again.

I got a passport ID card when I renewed my passport a couple years back, so I am not too worried about getting an Oklahoma Real ID until my current driver's license expires. Didn't really trust the state government to fix the mess before our extension ran out, so I went with one of the federal options.

My wife's drivers license expires in April, so not sure what she's gonna do yet. She does have a passport, so may just renew her regular license and then wait until next time it expires. I just renewed my DL last year, so I'm gonna wait it out.

Thread Information