Widgets Magazine

Thread: Guthrie Development

Default Guthrie Development

Starting the thread off with sh!tty news.

http://journalrecord.com/2016/10/04/...l-estate/?ep=1

Default Re: Guthrie Development

Guthrie is such a cool town. My mom's side of the family used to run/operate the old Masonic Children's home. So growing up (in Edmond), that part of the family lived/lives in Guthrie. We would sneak into that building all the time. My mom spent a ton of time there in her youth, so in my teens, when I would take my Edmond friends up there, I was able to tell them what just about every room was used for. Also is was incredibly creepy.

But now it's totally refurbished as the Dominion House or something. Its absolutely beautiful.

Downtown Guthrie is one of the coolest spots in the entire state to just walk through. Check out all the antiques and shopping and cool mom and pop restaurants. Also the way the Guthrie high school football field and baseball field were built together is super SUPER weird. If you guys ever get the chance to check it out, do so. I played many baseball games there and I have refereed many football games there. Pretty fun.

What does the article say?

My wife and I were born at this Hospital........ a long time ago.

Looks like the city is going to open up access to “The Elbow” a small “island” east of downtown.

In 2018, the City of Guthrie applied for Tourism Department funding but was met with several questions from the state about the project. They've since modified that request and were tentatively approved a $300,000 grant on July 5, 2022.

The city applied for the grant to help create trails into and around the island, as well as to construct a bridge to make the island accessible once again.

Phase 1 of the "Elbow Trail" would consist of building a trailhead and parking lot with two ADA-accessible parking spaces and three non-accessible spaces.

The Phase 1 trail will begin with a parking lot at 5th & Noble and end at the center of The Elbow, a few blocks down 9th street and over Cottonwood Creek. The trail would be made of concrete and would be 2,450 feet long and 12 feet wide.

The first phase of the project is just meant to give access to portions of the Elbow, with later phases extending deeper into the island and Noble Park.
    - https://okcfox.com/news/local/revita...rvation-trails

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Looks like the city is going to open up access to “The Elbow” a small “island” east of downtown.

- https://okcfox.com/news/local/revita...rvation-trails
    west of town

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    west of town
    Yes thank you for the correction west of downtown.

Thread Information