Widgets Magazine

Thread: Near Retail at SW59th and S Mustang Rd

Mustang Near Retail at SW59th and S Mustang Rd

Looks like Crout Companies is planning a 32 acre retail development on the NE corner of 59th and Mustang Rd. There is supposedly a big retailer that will announce at some point. Has not passed OKC zoning yet.

Default Re: Near Retail at SW59th and S Mustang Rd

I heard at church that a Walmart of some type is going in at the NE corner of 15th and S. Mustang Rd.?

I'm very interested in this mysterious 'big chain' Robert is hinting at. The grocery options in Mustang suck the big one, please be a better grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    I'm very interested in this mysterious 'big chain' Robert is hinting at. The grocery options in Mustang suck the big one, please be a better grocery store.
    How is the new CashSaver? I haven't been in there yet.

It's Homeland prices plus 10%. One thing that sticks out in my mind was the price of Pringles, which seems to be hovering around $1.50 most places, Homeland's (at least the Mustang one) price was $1.65. Now it's still $1.65, and then they tack another 10% on top of that. Some items they used to carry are no longer there (I am now seeking another source for Vernors Ginger Ale). Other items are similar story as when Buy For Less converted to SmartSaver...the price 'tags' may have changed but the 'prices' did not. Even the "super special these won't last long" buys are really nothing impressive. Looking at Cash Saver's ad online, they're hawking Chips Ahoy cookies (used as an example because it is a widely-carried brand and easily compared) 13 oz package for $1.83. Add 10% and that's $2.01, a huge savings of 7 cents from Walmart's advertised price of $2.08. Bottom line (plus 10%) is it is just like any other store, you might find some good deals if you know what you are looking for, but probably not, and the upcharge is going to erase most of any savings you find. I stand by the "Homeland prices plus 10%" evaluation. That fad just can't die soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    I heard at church that a Walmart of some type is going in at the NE corner of 15th and S. Mustang Rd.?
    I hope not. We don't need Walmart saturation. There is already 2 within 5 miles.

Not holding out much hope for the big retailer to be anything outside of the typical sports store/Ross/shoe store variety, but would be totally ecstatic if the development included a Dunkin Donuts (or any good coffee option).

Thread Information